Sabbath-observant Jew named Obama's new White House chief of staff

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
WASHINGTON - A Sabbath-observant Jew was named on Monday as President Barack Obama's chief of staff, one of the most pivotal jobs in U.S. politics.

Jacob (Jack) Lew, who last served as the White House budget director, will be replacing William Daley, who resigned just one year into the job. The change will take effect at the end of the month. Daley's predecessor was another prominent Jewish political figure, Rahm Emanuel, who is now mayor of Chicago.

Over the past three years, Lew, whose son studied in a yeshiva in Israel, has developed a close working relationship with Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren, and has met several times with Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon and Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz
Sabbath-observant Jew named Obama's new White House chief of staff - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
will the White House now be Sabbath-observant?

Last edited:
WASHINGTON - A Sabbath-observant Jew was named on Monday as President Barack Obama's chief of staff, one of the most pivotal jobs in U.S. politics.

Jacob (Jack) Lew, who last served as the White House budget director, will be replacing William Daley, who resigned just one year into the job. The change will take effect at the end of the month. Daley's predecessor was another prominent Jewish political figure, Rahm Emanuel, who is now mayor of Chicago.

Over the past three years, Lew, whose son studied in a yeshiva in Israel, has developed a close working relationship with Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren, and has met several times with Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon and Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz
Sabbath-observant Jew named Obama's new White House chief of staff - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Yeah, and all the Sabbath (Sunday) observant Christians are fine. :badgrin:

:badgrin:

They already are..........Sabbath for those of the Jewish faith is from sundown on Friday until sundown on Saturday.

We already take Saturdays off.

It's good there is a new chief of staff, but what has his religion to do with his work?

The only thing transparent about Obama is his lack of shame. It is so obvious that this appointment is a political ploy to get back some of the Jewish vote that he lost.
FYI: It behoves me as to why any Jew would have voted for him in the 1st place.

Because saying he hates Jews/Israel is a lie.

The only thing transparent about Obama is his lack of shame. It is so obvious that this appointment is a political ploy to get back some of the Jewish vote that he lost.

It's a funny one too. Because it comes from evangelists who on one hand "support" Israel because their new "hate du jour" is the Muslim religion and on the other hand work overtime to try to get their "jewish friends" to accept "Christ as their savior".

Or at least leave the country and go live in Israel.

I dont think Obama hates Jews. No one has said so, to my knowledge.
I think Obama does hate Israel, and sees it as the primary impediment to his personal success in bringing middle east peace.

I dont know what it is with all these shomer shabbos types going over to the Democrats. Lieberman was Gore's VP choice and he recanted every position he had within about 72 hours of the appointment. Orthodox Jews are a pretty conservative bunch.

It's a funny one too. Because it comes from evangelists who on one hand "support" Israel because their new "hate du jour" is the Muslim religion and on the other hand work overtime to try to get their "jewish friends" to accept "Christ as their savior".

Or at least leave the country and go live in Israel.

Good point. Yes, there do seem to be some double standards there.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

I dont think Obama hates Jews. No one has said so, to my knowledge.
I think Obama does hate Israel, and sees it as the primary impediment to his personal success in bringing middle east peace.

I dont know what it is with all these shomer shabbos types going over to the Democrats. Lieberman was Gore's VP choice and he recanted every position he had within about 72 hours of the appointment. Orthodox Jews are a pretty conservative bunch.

Yep.. Thank G-d. Liberals tend to be much less observant as a whole no matter what religion they are, it’s easier that way

Forum List

Back