Ryan's Marvelous Budget

80 MPH is still accelerating towards the cliff. No foot on the brake.

Support people who won't make cuts? Not me. I support Ron Paul whose budget cuts $1 trillion in one year.

What cliff?

Default. Insolvency. Bankruptcy. Take your pick.

Default / insolvency / bankruptcy are not a threat - we've been adding to the debt for 60+ years with noone scaling it back, ever. Shit, I wonder how many decision makers regarding the purchase of our debt are actually dead now?

As long as "people make things and people want things," the world will be ok. The rest is just an antiquated shell game designed to keep the citizenry thinking that money matters. It doesn't. The world is all about resource management. The US is doing probably the best in the world at it, which is why the World's been on our dicks since WW2.

I agree, Ryan's budget is one more example of kicking the problem down the road. Another way to characterize the Ryan budget is, it is an effort to return American to the decades before the New Deal, an effort Reactionaries have long coveted.

The problem today, in a nutshell, is that Republicans (state and federal) are unwilling to raise revenue and continue to demagogue on the issue of taxes. Obama's speech today was political, but he also framed his vision of a balanced response to economic policy.

I don't understand how anyone can judge Romney's rhetoric as anything but demagoguery and Ryan's Budget speaks of cuts but fails to define them - that seems dishonest to me. Obama is up front and advocates the wealthiest Americans pay more in taxes; Ryan does not tell us how much more the burden will shit to the poor, aged and infirm under his plan.

The problem is that you can correctly identify Romney and Ryan's nonsense, but not Obama's. Then you engage in your own demagoguery with the "reactionary pre-New Deal" nonsense.

Don't get petulant. It is fact that most conservative Republicans want to dismantle Social Security and Medicare, have all Americans pay the same percentage of Federal Income Tax, tax income earned by a persons labor at a higher level than income derived from interest and dividends and eliminated the "death tax". All of which when combined with CU v. FEC is a recipe for a radical remake of our society into a Plutocracy.

Petulant? :eusa_eh:

It's not petulant to point out your demagoguery.

I agree, Ryan's budget is one more example of kicking the problem down the road. Another way to characterize the Ryan budget is, it is an effort to return American to the decades before the New Deal, an effort Reactionaries have long coveted.

The problem today, in a nutshell, is that Republicans (state and federal) are unwilling to raise revenue and continue to demagogue on the issue of taxes. Obama's speech today was political, but he also framed his vision of a balanced response to economic policy.

I don't understand how anyone can judge Romney's rhetoric as anything but demagoguery and Ryan's Budget speaks of cuts but fails to define them - that seems dishonest to me. Obama is up front and advocates the wealthiest Americans pay more in taxes; Ryan does not tell us how much more the burden will shit to the poor, aged and infirm under his plan.

The problem is that you can correctly identify Romney and Ryan's nonsense, but not Obama's. Then you engage in your own demagoguery with the "reactionary pre-New Deal" nonsense.

Don't get petulant. It is fact that most conservative Republicans want to dismantle Social Security and Medicare, have all Americans pay the same percentage of Federal Income Tax, tax income earned by a persons labor at a higher level than income derived from interest and dividends and eliminated the "death tax". All of which when combined with CU v. FEC is a recipe for a radical remake of our society into a Plutocracy.

Were you alive from 2001-2007? If you were, you'd know everything you typed above is simply talking points, and basically the opposite of how reps actually govern.

Worry not, republicans love big, impossible to afford government programs as much as you do.

On the outside chance Romney is elected you'll still get your wish of increased spending, bigger federal gov't, more freedoms restricted and more ppl arrested, more debt and a huge deficit. All the same stuff Obama has given you.

I'm sure in the 70's there were Citizens talking about "let's not leave our kids with this debt," blah blah.

I'm their kid.

My taxes are even lower than theirs were.

How can you have trillions in cuts when so many have "needs"...............

Spend more now, future generations can worry about the deficits later

Now more then ever, we must increase national safety nets and social justice welfare handouts...

For the "public good" lol

I'm sure in the 70's there were Citizens talking about "let's not leave our kids with this debt," blah blah.

I'm their kid.

But your dollar is worth MUCH less.

Everything has it's end point. A guy can afford $10,000 more debt, then $10,000 more, then who knows maybe once that number reaches $500,000 he can no longer afford it or pay it.

Actually it is. Your failure to respond to my most recent post and use an emoticon is telling. That's sad, as I recall you were once an able opponent.

Obama calling Ryan's budget "radical" is a joke. More like pointless posturing that doesn't actually cut anything.

I expect better than this from you Kevin.

Better than what? Pointing out that Ryan's budget is nowhere in the ball park of "radical," and that Obama is merely characterizing it as such for political points? Of course the same could be said of Paul Ryan and the Republican Party as well. Paul Ryan's budget doesn't balance until 2040, which is to say that it never balances, and it increases spending. There's nothing radical about that in any sense of the word.

I can't WAIT to see the LOOK ON THE FACES of the teabaggers when they figure out they're the ones who will have to make up the difference for Granny's nursing home under the Ryan plan. Wonder if they'll be holding signs saying keep your government hands off my Medicare again?

medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

Tell you what...why don't you have Ryan tell Americans EXACTLY how much they'll be paying that they aren't paying now and we'll see if the Ryan plan is DOA or not?
How about that?

I'm their kid.

Everything has it's end point. A guy can afford $10,000 more debt, then $10,000 more, then who knows maybe once that number reaches $500,000 he can no longer afford it or pay it.

My dollar is worth much less, but it's all evened out as far as the cost of goods.

Shit, my dollar is worth less but we have more "stuff," us greedy consumers.

Our National Debt is meaningless.

I'm their kid.

My dollar is worth much less, but it's all evened out as far as the cost of goods.

I'm sorry you think that.

Actually it is. Your failure to respond to my most recent post and use an emoticon is telling. That's sad, as I recall you were once an able opponent.

Actually it's not. You called Romney and Ryan demagogues, accurately I might add, does that make you "petulant?"

As to being an "able opponent" once, maybe I was and maybe I still am. It's not for me to say.

I expect better than this from you Kevin.

Better than what? Pointing out that Ryan's budget is nowhere in the ball park of "radical," and that Obama is merely characterizing it as such for political points? Of course the same could be said of Paul Ryan and the Republican Party as well. Paul Ryan's budget doesn't balance until 2040, which is to say that it never balances, and it increases spending. There's nothing radical about that in any sense of the word.

I can't WAIT to see the LOOK ON THE FACES of the teabaggers when they figure out they're the ones who will have to make up the difference for Granny's nursing home under the Ryan plan. Wonder if they'll be holding signs saying keep your government hands off my Medicare again?

medicare-keep-your-hands-off-my-medicare.jpg

Tell you what...why don't you have Ryan tell Americans EXACTLY how much they'll be paying that they aren't paying now and we'll see if the Ryan plan is DOA or not?
How about that?

Alright, I'll give him a call and have him do that.

Don't be sorry, live your life.

People 60 years ago are dead that worried about how it would effect you and me, and zero leaders have lowered it since then and you and me are doing just fine and our Military now owns even more of the world.

Dire straights won't happen unless there's Nuclear war.

I say that with confidence because I'm studying futurists heavily and the more intelligent human beings become, the sooner we will and (do) realize how to better utilize resources and will eventually be sentient enough to see how ridiculous a money based economy is to begin with.

What cliff?

Default. Insolvency. Bankruptcy. Take your pick.

Default / insolvency / bankruptcy are not a threat - we've been adding to the debt for 60+ years with noone scaling it back, ever. Shit, I wonder how many decision makers regarding the purchase of our debt are actually dead now?

As long as "people make things and people want things," the world will be ok. The rest is just an antiquated shell game designed to keep the citizenry thinking that money matters. It doesn't. The world is all about resource management. The US is doing probably the best in the world at it, which is why the World's been on our dicks since WW2.
Tell that to the Weimar Republic and Argentina.

People 60 years ago are dead that worried about how it would effect you and me, and zero leaders have lowered it since then and you and me are doing just fine and our Military now owns even more of the world.

I say that with confidence because I'm studying futurists heavily and the more intelligent human beings become, the sooner we will and (do) realize how to better utilize resources and will eventually be sentient enough to see how ridiculous a money based economy is to begin with.
and when megapowers go bankrupt, that IS a possibility.

It will be much better for humanity in general.

There's no reason that Billions need to go without essential life resources while most families in 1st world countries throw away food every day and night, and that our planet is so poorly used as a life resource. There's plenty of food and water for everyone, we just haven't had any urgency in 1st world leadership positions to actually start caring about the FUTURE of Humanity.

Yeah but the world isn't run by the masses. It's run by the few super rich and super powerful, the money based economy is good for them and it'll remain that way, or something similar, until we're extinct.

Yeah but the world isn't run by the masses. It's run by the few super rich and super powerful, the money based economy is good for them and it'll remain that way, or something similar, until we're extinct.

Well we can agree to disagree on that, but back to the debt it still doesn't even matter.

You think there's no card up the sleeve of the Country getting bigger and bigger and more and more powerful and in more and more Regions of the world Militarily - - - - that simultaneously is borrowing money to fund all of this................for over 60-years? That's a joke.

It will be much better for humanity in general.

There's no reason that Billions need to go without essential life resources while most families in 1st world countries throw away food every day and night, and that our planet is so poorly used as a life resource. There's plenty of food and water for everyone, we just haven't had any urgency in 1st world leadership positions to actually start caring about the FUTURE of Humanity.
Studying futurists? Sounds like you're reading a lot of Vernor Vinge and Robert Heinlein Sci Fi.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sci Fi too, but well, I'm not quite so utopian about it or try to pawn it off as intelligentsia most time. I'm not preaching from the school of William Gibson or Walter Jon Williams dystopianism either. I'm realistically optimistic, but understand that order is not the default state, but rather chaos is and for mankind to keep from chaos, he can't undermine his achievements as a species in the areas of society, technology or economics lest things all fall apart. Rome still fell. It just took time and we entered a dark age for more than 400 years. It can happen again, easily.

How can you have trillions in cuts when so many have "needs"...............

Spend more now, future generations can worry about the deficits later

Now more then ever, we must increase national safety nets and social justice welfare handouts...

For the "public good" lol

Some dimwitted knave seems to have missed the mockery and sarcasm of the post.....not hard to believe..............

Forum List

Back