Ryan's Marvelous Budget

I heard the speech he gave a year or so back, where he attacked Ryan's initial budget. So tell me, do you think this is actually helpful? Does it qualify as good leadership in your opinion? Doesn't to me.

Obama calling Ryan's budget "radical" is a joke. More like pointless posturing that doesn't actually cut anything.

The budget plan would change Medicare into a voucher-based system, dramatically overhaul the tax code, repeal Obama's healthcare reform and scale back all social welfare programs by converting them into block grants. The chance of this passing Congress, either Democrat or Republican is slim to none.

Gov. Romney is said to have characterized Rep. Ryan's Budget as Marvelous.

President Obama is currently taking it apart in a major address live to the nation.

Would that be the same President Obama that just had "his" budget voted down unanimously? Is this a joke thread, Catcher?

• Banned
I heard the speech he gave a year or so back, where he attacked Ryan's initial budget. So tell me, do you think this is actually helpful? Does it qualify as good leadership in your opinion? Doesn't to me.

Leadership? Well, it depends how one defines leadership. In my opinion a leader has a vision, is able to express that opinion and has the personality to convince others it is worth their support.

What President Obama is doing is helpful. He is expressing his vision, clearly and in the context of and in contrast to the Republicans proposed priorities and the on going debate on economic policy.

Romney offers tax cuts, regulatory cuts, and cutting of the Federal Government in the context of "ain't it awful what Obama has done". None of his rhetoric is framed in leadership as defined by me.

His vision seems limited to obtaining the title of POTUS;
He has not been able to offer a vision for a post Obama America;
He has not been able to convince most Republicans.

The budget plan would change Medicare into a voucher-based system, dramatically overhaul the tax code, repeal Obama's healthcare reform and scale back all social welfare programs by converting them into block grants. The chance of this passing Congress, either Democrat or Republican is slim to none.

Thanks, what you describe isn't a radical change, it is a reactionary plan to fundamentally change America. Plutocaracy anyone?

Obama calling Ryan's budget "radical" is a joke. More like pointless posturing that doesn't actually cut anything.

I expect better than this from you Kevin.

Better than what? Pointing out that Ryan's budget is nowhere in the ball park of "radical," and that Obama is merely characterizing it as such for political points? Of course the same could be said of Paul Ryan and the Republican Party as well. Paul Ryan's budget doesn't balance until 2040, which is to say that it never balances, and it increases spending. There's nothing radical about that in any sense of the word.

Better than what? Pointing out that Ryan's budget is nowhere in the ball park of "radical," and that Obama is merely characterizing it as such for political points? Of course the same could be said of Paul Ryan and the Republican Party as well. Paul Ryan's budget doesn't balance until 2040, which is to say that it never balances, and it increases spending. There's nothing radical about that in any sense of the word.
Privatizing Medicare is not radical?

Leadership? Well, it depends how one defines leadership. In my opinion a leader has a vision, is able to express that opinion and has the personality to convince others it is worth their support.

What President Obama is doing is helpful. He is expressing his vision, clearly and in the context of and in contrast to the Republicans proposed priorities and the on going debate on economic policy.

Romney offers tax cuts, regulatory cuts, and cutting of the Federal Government in the context of "ain't it awful what Obama has done". None of his rhetoric is framed in leadership as defined by me.

His vision seems limited to obtaining the title of POTUS;
He has not been able to offer a vision for a post Obama America;
He has not been able to convince most Republicans.

What was the vote on Obama's budget?

Privatizing Medicare is not radical?

Not particularly.

Ryan's budget assumes an end to all non-military discretionary spending.

I think that qualifies as radical.

Ryan's budget assumes an end to all non-military discretionary spending.

I think that qualifies as radical.

And yet overall it increases spending.

Forum List

Back