Ryan's Marvelous Budget

and when megapowers go bankrupt, that IS a possibility.

It will be much better for humanity in general.

There's no reason that Billions need to go without essential life resources while most families in 1st world countries throw away food every day and night, and that our planet is so poorly used as a life resource. There's plenty of food and water for everyone, we just haven't had any urgency in 1st world leadership positions to actually start caring about the FUTURE of Humanity.
Studying futurists? Sounds like you're reading a lot of Vernor Vinge and Robert Heinlein Sci Fi.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sci Fi too, but well, I'm not quite so utopian about it or try to pawn it off as intelligentsia most time. I'm not preaching from the school of William Gibson or Walter Jon Williams dystopianism either. I'm realistically optimistic, but understand that order is not the default state, but rather chaos is and for mankind to keep from chaos, he can't undermine his achievements as a species in the areas of society, technology or economics lest things all fall apart. Rome still fell. It just took time and we entered a dark age for more than 400 years. It can happen again, easily.

No, there's no "fi" in the science I'm taking a look at.

It will be much better for humanity in general.

There's no reason that Billions need to go without essential life resources while most families in 1st world countries throw away food every day and night, and that our planet is so poorly used as a life resource. There's plenty of food and water for everyone, we just haven't had any urgency in 1st world leadership positions to actually start caring about the FUTURE of Humanity.
Studying futurists? Sounds like you're reading a lot of Vernor Vinge and Robert Heinlein Sci Fi.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sci Fi too, but well, I'm not quite so utopian about it or try to pawn it off as intelligentsia most time. I'm not preaching from the school of William Gibson or Walter Jon Williams dystopianism either. I'm realistically optimistic, but understand that order is not the default state, but rather chaos is and for mankind to keep from chaos, he can't undermine his achievements as a species in the areas of society, technology or economics lest things all fall apart. Rome still fell. It just took time and we entered a dark age for more than 400 years. It can happen again, easily.

Then whom are you reading? All futurist work is fiction. The question is how MUCH of it is fiction?

Futurist, Speculative Fiction, Science Fiction... same thing. It just gets dangerous when it becomes policy.

Then whom are you reading? All futurist work is fiction. The question is how MUCH of it is fiction?

Futurist, Speculative Fiction, Science Fiction... same thing. It just gets dangerous when it becomes policy.

All futurist work is fiction?

That's the most amazing line of reasoning, man. Horrendous.

My most recent piece was a Documentary called "Future by Design," check it out. It's not science fiction, it's actually full of actual inventions.

Don't be sorry, live your life.

People 60 years ago are dead that worried about how it would effect you and me, and zero leaders have lowered it since then and you and me are doing just fine and our Military now owns even more of the world.

Dire straights won't happen unless there's Nuclear war.

I say that with confidence because I'm studying futurists heavily and the more intelligent human beings become, the sooner we will and (do) realize how to better utilize resources and will eventually be sentient enough to see how ridiculous a money based economy is to begin with.

Yeah but the world isn't run by the masses. It's run by the few super rich and super powerful, the money based economy is good for them and it'll remain that way, or something similar, until we're extinct.

Well we can agree to disagree on that, but back to the debt it still doesn't even matter.

You think there's no card up the sleeve of the Country getting bigger and bigger and more and more powerful and in more and more Regions of the world Militarily - - - - that simultaneously is borrowing money to fund all of this................for over 60-years? That's a joke.

Agree to disagree on what? You don't think we're a world run by the super rich/super powerful and that the money system is good for them?

Yes I think the country will survive, gov't will gain more power with the collapse of the world economy as people will do what they always do. When things go bad, we turn to gov't to save us, and it hurts us more and more every time.

So it'll be bad for the poor and middle class of the world, but the super rich and super powerful will become even more powerful, the same thing that happens during every economic collapse.

Baby steps still move the body forward.

Going from 90 MPH to 80 MPH towards the cliff isn't much of an improvement. We need a budget that actually cuts baseline spending, and not simply proposed increases in spending. This Ryan budget is a sham. The same type of nonsense the GOP has been doing for years.

To use your car analogy...at the very least the Ryan budget has a foot on the brake...Obama has had the accelerator BURIED since taking office with no sign of letting up as we speed towards that cliff.

Obama and Democrats in the Senate won't do a budget because they know that if they put down on paper how much they intend to spend that the American people would be horrified. How can you say that we need a budget that cuts baseline spending while supporting people who won't make cuts in spending? THAT is nonsense, my friend.

Again, how can you use that analogy when Federal spending WENT DOWN from 2009 to 2010?

Yeah but the world isn't run by the masses. It's run by the few super rich and super powerful, the money based economy is good for them and it'll remain that way, or something similar, until we're extinct.

Well we can agree to disagree on that, but back to the debt it still doesn't even matter.

You think there's no card up the sleeve of the Country getting bigger and bigger and more and more powerful and in more and more Regions of the world Militarily - - - - that simultaneously is borrowing money to fund all of this................for over 60-years? That's a joke.

Agree to disagree on what? You don't think we're a world run by the super rich/super powerful and that the money system is good for them?

I DISAGREE WITH YOUR SAYING THAT IT WOULD REMAIN THAT WAY FOREVER.

Yes I think the country will survive, gov't will gain more power with the collapse of the world economy as people will do what they always do. When things go bad, we turn to gov't to save us, and it hurts us more and more every time.

So it'll be bad for the poor and middle class of the world, but the super rich and super powerful will become even more powerful, the same thing that happens during every economic collapse.

1ST WORLD CAPITALIST CORPORATOCRACIES ARE SO YOUNG. HOLD OFF ON THAT ANALYSIS, AND HAVE MORE OPTIMISM HOMEY. THE INNOVATION OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITY IS EXCELLING AT A VERY RAPID PACE RIGHT NOW, AND I'M THINKING THAT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE IT'S INTEGRATED INTO SOCIETY IN GENERAL, FOR THE BETTER.

answered within the quote :)

My most recent piece was a Documentary called "Future by Design," check it out. It's not science fiction, it's actually full of actual inventions.
I just looked.

Future by Design, a William Gazecki Film, Trailer

Yep. Science Fiction. Utopian desires with much in common with Walt Disney's EPCOT.

The fact that some of it has become reality does not change the fact most of it is theory and does not exist.

Laudable, but not fact at this time, and does not change my assessment of pie eyed pollyanna utopianism.

Last edited:

I just looked.

Yep. Science Fiction. Utopian desires with much in common with Walt Disney's EPCOT.

The fact that some of it has become reality does not change the fact most of it is theory and does not exist.

Laudable, but not fact at this time, and does not change my assessment of pie eyed pollyanna utopianism.

The fact that the entire documentary is of inventions that have already been made, means that it isn't fiction. Watch it, he has small models of all of his drawings, in function. And some models to scale.

And I like how "utopianism" is somehow a bad word, as though those who strive for a better world somehow assume that it can all be perfect and are ignorant of the ills of mankind's past. It's a discussion that cannot be had with such..........."pricks," for lack of a better word.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you think that.

Don't be sorry, live your life.

People 60 years ago are dead that worried about how it would effect you and me, and zero leaders have lowered it since then and you and me are doing just fine and our Military now owns even more of the world.

Dire straights won't happen unless there's Nuclear war.

I say that with confidence because I'm studying futurists heavily and the more intelligent human beings become, the sooner we will and (do) realize how to better utilize resources and will eventually be sentient enough to see how ridiculous a money based economy is to begin with.

Yep privatizing Medicare will route billions of tax dollars into the hands of private industry.
What I have been saying for the last 15 years is thatr consumers are tapped out they already spend more than they make and real wages are stagnant or dropping.
so the only way to grow a business is to route more tax dollars to it.

Flying car? Yeah I want drunks crashing into my house from the air.

:lol:

It's going to be pretty crazy. They're only a quarter of a million right now, in their infancy when you'd expect them to be the most expensive. Yoiks!

1ST WORLD CAPITALIST CORPORATOCRACIES ARE SO YOUNG. HOLD OFF ON THAT ANALYSIS, AND HAVE MORE OPTIMISM HOMEY. THE INNOVATION OF SCIENCE AND HUMANITY IS EXCELLING AT A VERY RAPID PACE RIGHT NOW, AND I'M THINKING THAT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE IT'S INTEGRATED INTO SOCIETY IN GENERAL, FOR THE BETTER.

I have optimism when it comes to mankind in every area except for when he has power over enormous groups of people.

If 100 people have control over 100,000,000, those 100 people are going to do what's best for them even if it's terrible for the 100,000,000.

I have optimism when it comes to mankind in every area except for when he has power over enormous groups of people.

If 100 people have control over 100,000,000, those 100 people are going to do what's best for them even if it's terrible for the 100,000,000.

I don't disagree with that second clause, but things will hopefully modernize and I remain optimistic, and still think the debt means dick-all.

I just looked.

The fact that the entire documentary is of inventions that have already been made, means that it isn't fiction. Watch it, he has small models of all of his drawings, in function. And some models to scale.

And I like how "utopianism" is somehow a bad word, as though those who strive for a better world somehow assume that it can all be perfect and are ignorant of the ills of mankind's past. It's a discussion that cannot be had with such..........."pricks," for lack of a better word.
Utopianism is the driving force of every major tyrannical political, societal and religious evil in the world.

Yeah, I would say that it's a pretty bad word.

And face it, models is not fact. They're toys. EPCOT is really nice too, and gave some ideas for science to progress, BUT as a model society, it's great till you put people in it.

Like communism, works great on paper. Too bad people don't act like paper.

The nature of the tyranny of human nature, right there.

fitz, failure is not a reason for quitting - it's the opposite.

Gov. Romney is said to have characterized Rep. Ryan's Budget as Marvelous.

President Obama is currently taking it apart in a major address live to the nation.

Ironically, it would get more votes than all of Obama's budgets combined.... :eusa_whistle:

Gov. Romney is said to have characterized Rep. Ryan's Budget as Marvelous.

President Obama is currently taking it apart in a major address live to the nation.

Ironically, it would get more votes than all of Obama's budgets combined.... :eusa_whistle:

At this time in the House of Representatives, you are correct. I'd bet that once the Tea Party Republicans crash and burn it would not. Americans in general are neither stupid nor callous, the direction the GOP has taken is not something most Americans would teach their kids.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back