12 friends two jets 25 secret service

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
So 13 year old Malia Obama and 12 middle schoolers can go to Oaxaca, MX for spring brea....All on the taxpayers dime.
The Obama's are no longer the First Family..They are the Royal Family.
I can only guess the cost of this little vacation. I am sure it's well into the millions of dollars.
Did the Obama's as parents ever hear of the word "no"?
Not only is this trip a ridiculous waste of money. It is also highly inappropriate. American people are struggling to make ends meet, the economy is in the shitter and the Obamas so out of touch have the gall to sanction this!
Even if the economy was great and 95% of us were working, it makes no difference.
The Obamas should have said "no Malia, this is inapprpropriate"...

As long as the Obama's paid for the vacation out of their own pocket, I don't really give a rats ass.

As for the cost of the SS detail, it comes with the job. I'm willing to live with it.

As a conservative, I have absolutely no problem with it. Shocking, I know... but I am totally comfortable with his kids leading as normal a like as possible... and it is a requirement that we protect his children... they didn't choose this life, their parents did.

Well you kinda have to have the Secret Service there to protect her from rabid Dikembe Mutombo fans who tend to confuse the first daughter for the former NBA allstar.

As a conservative, I have absolutely no problem with it. Shocking, I know... but I am totally comfortable with his kids leading as normal a like as possible... and it is a requirement that we protect his children... they didn't choose this life, their parents did.

If the Obama family paid for all bit SS, and their expenses, OK.

Ditto.

I never heard a single complaint from these newly fiscally conservative whiners in all the eight years of Bush and his many, many vacations.

Not one.

Last edited:
if the Obama family paid for the trip it is not a problem, like the others said as far as the SS is concerned, it goes with the territory. anyone else think it is strange though for a 13 year old to go to Mexico for Spring Break?

I don't get this idea that the first family should be hemmed up in the White House 24/7, Obama should be chained to his desk and the family should stay in their rooms. Americans who can still afford vacations (or get them at all) should by all means get the hell out and live a little.

Ditto.

I never heard a single complaint from these newly fiscally conservative whiners in all the eight years of Bush and his many, many vacations.

Not one.

Mostly because when Bush went on "vacation" he went home and worked.

How many trips to Hawaii? Martha's Vinyard? Spain?

So 13 year old Malia Obama and 12 middle schoolers can go to Oaxaca, MX for spring brea....All on the taxpayers dime.
I can only guess the cost of this little vacation. I am sure it's well into the millions of dollars.
Not only is this trip a ridiculous waste of money. It is also highly inappropriate. American people are struggling to make ends meet, the economy is in the shitter and the Obamas so out of touch have the gall to sanction this!
Even if the economy was great and 95% of us were working, it makes no difference.

Funny, I don't hear that kind of talk about the revamped Romney mansion's car elevators.

I don't get this idea that the first family should be hemmed up in the White House 24/7, Obama should be chained to his desk and the family should stay in their rooms. Americans who can still afford vacations (or get them at all) should by all means get the hell out and live a little.

The question is why is the first family dumping $$$ into Mexico's tourism industry when there are plenty of safer destinations within the US that would love to see that revenue? Could it be that Obama is out of touch with American service workers?

Ditto.

Not one.

Mostly because when Bush went on "vacation" he went home and worked.

How many trips to Hawaii? Martha's Vinyard? Spain?

Oh brother.

Funny, I don't hear that kind of talk about the revamped Romney mansion's car elevators.

Stay on topic you fucking idiot.

The question is why is the first family dumping $$$ into Mexico's tourism industry when there are plenty of safer destinations within the US that would love to see that revenue? Could it be that Obama is out of touch with American service workers?

It is a class trip, sponsored by her school I gather; not a private vacation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/w...s-trip-delights-mexico-tourism-officials.html

I tend to agree with you.

Do you think we'll get to the point to where we may need to get (or may have forced upon us by the parties that run our elections) basically a 4 year "reconstructionist" President?

I mean, there may be a groundswell of support for someone who comes right out and says, "I will remove myself from any re-election effort today; I will not run in 4 years. This will allow me to do what is necessary for four solid years." The gal/guy would voluntarily chain herself/himself to the desk and forego any semblance of a personal life to fix the country.

wtf does that have to do with it? Moron.

The real question is... why do ANY of us get to tell someone else where they are allowed to send their children for vacation?

The real answer is... We AREN'T.

It is a class trip, sponsored by her school I gather; not a private vacation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/w...s-trip-delights-mexico-tourism-officials.html

I'm sure the first family has zero sway over vacation decisions at the private school they send their daughter to.

For the life of me, I cant find a single post that said anythiong even close to "the idea that you just dont get"....

Maybe thats why you dont get it?

Fucking partisan asshole.

Forum List

Back