Ryan's budget. WTF?

darkow.jpg

Businesses are hoarding capital because there's no demand.
Wrong. They are hoarding capital because of the idiot leadership in Washington.

That's loosened somewhat and the unemployment rate has come down a bit, since November. Wonder why?

The USMB righties flocked to my thread like moths to a flame. Ryan's budget gets ALL of its savings w/o asking the uber-wealthy for jack-squat.

The USMB righties flocked to my thread like moths to a flame. Ryan's budget gets ALL of its savings w/o asking the uber-wealthy for jack-squat.
Outright lies tend to being people in from all stripes. Especially we independents who you're going to badly need to get Obama re-elected.

And it's obvious you missed the tax reform part of Ryan's plan. It actually increases taxes on "the rich" and removes many loopholes.

He used the Heritage Foundation to score it didn't he?
The Man Behind Paul Ryan's Budget Plan Got the Tax Cuts Wrong, Too - Tina Dupuy - Politics - The Atlantic
Meanwhile, last three pages of Ryan's The Path: Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Resolution, published by the House Budget Committee are, in essence, this very analysis provided by the Heritage Foundation -- complete with a link to the Foundation's report.

Now, it's an open question as to whether the Foundation -- a rightwing gem funded by Koch Industries, Exxon Mobile and Altria nee Phillip Morris -- has such "nonpartisan" research. Their mission, after all, "is to formulate and promote conservative public policies," and generally that's the Grand Old Party.

Actually, I do understand the budget. Do you?

Canada has an excellent health care systems. In most cases, my Canadian friends got treatment for their life-threatening illnesses much quicker than I got mine. And I have top-notch health insurance. Their system WORKS.

Yes, taxes would go up for everyone under single payer. I did a comparison of Canadian federal and provincial taxes, including their sales taxes, to what I pay here. TO make it apples to apples, I had to include my health insurance premiums. I would end up slightly better in Canada.

By the way, I'm not a "liberoidal," I'm a registered Republican.

Many Canadians are coming down here for treatment, Kitty, and there are private clinics opening the doors. There is a reason for that. FYI, the US has more MRI machines than the world combined. You need to change your healthcare insurance if Canada has shorter wait periods than you do. Yours may not be top notched.

You do realize that taxing the rich isn't going to make a dent into the 14 trillion dollar deficit, right?

Yea, but if Obama sets tax rates where they were before the Bush tax cuts. We won't be able to claim that there is no difference in the their policies.

What?

Obama ran on hope and change. I contend that he has changed nothing. The policies that were started by Bush, Obama has continued. If he changes the Bush tax cuts, well, something changed.

Look at these replies from the right. Apparently, Republicans think "depressions" are a "good thing".

depression-bread-line.jpg

26799614.jpg

They look at these pictures and yearn for the "good old days". When people didn't need anything but a piece of bread and a bowl of soup.

B. Hussein Obama admitted that federal spending is out of control and so did the nut case that passes for senate majority leader when they made a deal to cut spending. When did democrats realize that federal spending is out of control? When Americans sent about 65 democrats packing in the last election? You gotta wonder why democrats would fight to keep taxpayer funding for the Planned Parenthood abortion industry when Obamacare apparently covers the manslaughter. The short answer is that democrats don't give a damn about the future of this Country. All they care about is pandering to the criminal base that funds their next campaign.

Look at these replies from the right. Apparently, Republicans think "depressions" are a "good thing".

26799614.jpg

They look at these pictures and yearn for the "good old days". When people didn't need anything but a piece of bread and a bowl of soup.

Straight from the democrat's echo chamber to deeno's mouth. :cuckoo:

B. Hussein Obama admitted that federal spending is out of control and so did the nut case that passes for senate majority leader when they made a deal to cut spending. When did democrats realize that federal spending is out of control? When Americans sent about 65 democrats packing in the last election? You gotta wonder why democrats would fight to keep taxpayer funding for the Planned Parenthood abortion industry when Obamacare apparently covers the manslaughter. The short answer is that democrats don't give a damn about the future of this Country. All they care about is pandering to the criminal base that funds their next campaign.

When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you will always have Paul's support.
The dems live it and breath it.

26799614.jpg

What is the massive printing and spending going to do? I oppose any tax increase on anyone, until they show they are serious about cutting. We have a 14 trillion dollar debt. We are experiencing inflation now. Energy is everything in our economy. When inflation raises the price of oil just ten dollers per barrel, thats one trillion dollars leaving our economy. I don't like Ryan's plan nor Obama's. Neither plan cuts enough.

Forum List

Back