Ryan's budget. WTF?

Defense spending is an obvious choice since it takes up more than 20% of our budget. Switch to a single-payer system so that the costs of health care drop. That's two for starters.

I think we need to talk both at the same time.
Revenue takes care of itself. In fact, from 2002-2008 we had RECORD revenue, expressed as both real dollars and as percentage of the GDP, which also ran its highest ever, during that same time period. The budget deficit was actually going down, not up.

It's no coincidence we had between 5-6% unemployment during that time. Not the 9 we're stuck in now.

Put 20 million people back to work instead of paying them to keep them on "funemployment" and you'll see revenue skyrocket.

Let's CUT SPENDING meanwhile.

Switch to a single-payer system so that the costs of health care drop. That's two for starters.
That's never worked, anywhere or any time it's been tried. It is a failed policy.

Ryan's budget does cut defense spending, by the way. Why don't you take some time to read it.

Defense spending is an obvious choice since it takes up more than 20% of our budget. Switch to a single-payer system so that the costs of health care drop. That's two for starters.

How much do you want to cut out of the military?
Better check the numbers of single payer in healthcare.....real numbers, and then you need to check how much taxes will rise from it....from everyone. Single payer countries have a lot of their wealth taken from them on all levels. Ask yourself why Canada is starting private practices again.

Defense spending is an obvious choice since it takes up more than 20% of our budget.
It's the obvious choice because you're a liberoidal....Start naming some non-military programs that need to be cut or dropped altogether.

Switch to a single-payer system so that the costs of health care drop.
Name the first thing that the feds involved themselves where the costs were contained, let alone brought down.....Just one.

The jobs aren't there, Midnight. Where would you suggest they work?

Revenues may have risen during that time period, but so did expenditures. Did spending outstrip revenues?

By the way, the deficit actually increased by $1 trillion in 2008.

Revenues may have risen during that time period, but so did expenditures. Did spending outstrip revenues?

Which takes nothing at all away from the facts I gave you. The deficit was DROPPING before the "crash."

Actually, I do understand the budget. Do you?

Canada has an excellent health care systems. In most cases, my Canadian friends got treatment for their life-threatening illnesses much quicker than I got mine. And I have top-notch health insurance. Their system WORKS.

Yes, taxes would go up for everyone under single payer. I did a comparison of Canadian federal and provincial taxes, including their sales taxes, to what I pay here. TO make it apples to apples, I had to include my health insurance premiums. I would end up slightly better in Canada.

By the way, I'm not a "liberoidal," I'm a registered Republican.

And Bam-Bam managed to quadruple it in 5 short months......

:eusa_shhh:

Canada has an excellent health care systems. In most cases, my Canadian friends got treatment for their life-threatening illnesses much quicker than I got mine. And I have top-notch health insurance. Their system WORKS.

Yes, taxes would go up for everyone under single payer. I did a comparison of Canadian federal and provincial taxes, including their sales taxes, to what I pay here. TO make it apples to apples, I had to include my health insurance premiums. I would end up slightly better in Canada.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh, such comedy!

:bsflag:

Sorry, whore-teaser, I don't read anything from a partisan website, left or right.

Midnight - Yes, I do need to read the Ryan budget rather than just the CBO score.

pants-on-fire.jpg

Businesses are hoarding capital because there's no demand. If demand was up and the chance to make a buck was there, businesses would be expanding.

Forum List

Back