Ryan's budget. WTF?

Really? Discarding the earnings cap on Social Security won't help the fund's outlook? Raising taxes on individuals making more than $125k/year won't help the general fund at all? Hell, let's just quit paying taxes altogether since it doesn't help anyway.

Really? Discarding the earnings cap on Social Security won't help the fund's outlook? Raising taxes on individuals making more than $125k/year won't help the general fund at all? Hell, let's just quit paying taxes altogether since it doesn't help anyway.

Yes....reeeeeally, raising taxes will not make a dent in the 14 trillion dollar deficit. Do the math. You talk about tax increases and don't say shit about spending cuts. Quit being so naive. :eusa_eh:

The point you're missing is that I'm supportive of tax increases regardless of its effect on me. None of us paid for the wars and it's time we finally did.
We could seize ALL wealth - not just income, ALL WEALTH - of the top 2% going all the way back to 2001.... Ten years' worth... And the amount collected wouldn't even put a dent in the debt.

It's the spending, stupid!

Set tax rates where they were before the Bush tax cuts. Would it affect me? I don't know.

You do realize that taxing the rich isn't going to make a dent into the 14 trillion dollar deficit, right?

Yea, but if Obama sets tax rates where they were before the Bush tax cuts. We won't be able to claim that there is no difference in the their policies.

I agree! Years and years of unfunded wars really did us in!
I realize you're new here, Kitty, and it seems you may be legitimately concerned about the debt so I'll go easy on ya.

But you're gonna have to bring something more to the table than MediaMatters' talking points and pointing backwards to Boooooosh!!!

:eusa_whistle:

Meister - I erred. The actual cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is estimated at around $3 trillion, depending on which estimate you use. I shouldn't have used the 10%.

Forum List

Back