Ryan Tax Plan would have lowered Romney's 2010 taxes to 1%

Let's see, over thirty years of flat wag growth for the working middle class in Real Dollars. You're talking about the demographic who has seen their percentage of the National Income hit a record low. And all of this despite of high productivity. Of course your everyday talking points echo chamber only looks at what his masters tell him/her to look at and you have the audacity to attack the working middle class.
Why not read this opinion piece by Senator Republican Tom Coburn?

Subsidies of the Rich and Famous
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

Let's see you whine and moan about this BS! You won't because your nose is so far up the wealthy's ass in envy, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and slapped you in the face.

I figure you to be a troll, since you ignored the direct question about whether or not the middle class should face tax increases commensurate with their increasing take from the Federal kitty.

But hey, you were beatdown so we shall move on.

I'll ask you another question.

Is it realistic to compare 'middle class wages' of any time in our history to that brief post WW2 era when the rest of the industrial world lay in bombed out ruin?

So in your world the poor would PAY for their medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance, energy assistance, public school, college assistance...

...all through higher taxes ON the poor???

Can you get Romney to run on that?

We are talking about middle class taxes. Everyone knows the poor pay no Federal income tax.

Fail.

You really are an easy mark, dude.

Let's see, over thirty years of flat wag growth for the working middle class in Real Dollars. You're talking about the demographic who has seen their percentage of the National Income hit a record low. And all of this despite of high productivity. Of course your everyday talking points echo chamber only looks at what his masters tell him/her to look at and you have the audacity to attack the working middle class.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

Let's see you whine and moan about this BS! You won't because your nose is so far up the wealthy's ass in envy, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and slapped you in the face.

I figure you to be a troll, since you ignored the direct question about whether or not the middle class should face tax increases commensurate with their increasing take from the Federal kitty.

Is it realistic to compare 'middle class wages' of any time in our history to that brief post WW2 era when the rest of the industrial world lay in bombed out ruin?

So in your world the poor would PAY for their medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance, energy assistance, public school, college assistance...

In my world we wouldn't have leftist policies that create and encourage generational poverty.

We are talking about middle class taxes. Everyone knows the poor pay no Federal income tax.

Fail.

Thanks to bush, yes the poor pay no fed tax, they may have it deducted but it is returned if deductions allow it.
many of those not paying taxes are not just the poor, there are millionaires that pay no fed tax also.

Still, it's unlikely that even the most anti-tax, pro-wealth advocates would find this particularly fair: A very small number of millionaires end up owing no federal income tax at all.

They're in good company, of course. Nearly half of all U.S. households, or 69 million, are estimated to have owed no federal income taxes for 2010. The vast majority of them, however, are low income.

But 18,000 were households taking in more than $500,000 -- and of those, 4,000 made more than $1 million.

Millionaires who owe no federal income tax - May. 9, 2011

In my world we wouldn't have leftist policies that create and encourage generational poverty.

When Bush was in power and Congress was lead by repubs they made no attempt to change any policy on welfare, in fact Bush increased wefare. He also allowed more poor to pay no taxes.

Last edited:
I love charts. I particularly love to read conclusions drawn from charts. Conclusions based on charts are never the product of critical thinking and solely the product of emotion fueled by ignorance, a combination which makes the true believer.

What at first blush I see in the Chart offered by SF, and example of a true believer, is a projected problem if solutions are ignored and the can is kicked down the road for generations - as the issue of health care in America has been since first debated during TR's Administration.

This decade the Democrats attempted to find a solution to this festering problem and Big Pharma and the Medical Insurance Industry put big bucks into defending the golden goose, a goose which had become and albatross around the necks of American workers and the American economy.

Wow what hypocrisy is that? First you are going to preach about talking points then turn right around and use them. The problem with the health care industry had nothing, NOTHING, to do with health insurance. In fact they are trying their best to contain cost. The problem with the health care industry is the demand created from all the free healthcare the government is offering. That and the fact they want to pay less than the value for the service. Then the government tells doctors and hospitals they can be exempt from monopoly laws so they can shift the losses from government funded patients to private funded patients.

You are the one shouting out talking points and you are preaching to everyone else.

I'm not sure what you're whining about. Health care, per se, isn't the issue. In our country it is the best in the world if one can afford it. The issue is cost, not care and how you conflated one into the other is perplexing [not really, I'm being polite].

Calling me a name doesn't bother me, it's a sign that the attacker has no ability to provide a counterpoint to what I posted. In fact, talking points and ad hominem attacks are the grist upon which the callous conservatives thrive.

I’m in no delusional state. I know heavy deficit spending started under Carter

wait what?!

Under Carter?

I guess you could argue under Ford but even at 20% it was still close to the average. It wasn't until Carter that it started to claim over that 20% mark. True we have had a deficit pretty much since Nixon until Clinton. Reagan had it over 20% for his entire presidency even though it was on the decline near the end. Even at that, spending has not been this high since the end of WWII than it has been under Obama. And making the problem worse revenues has not been lower since the beginning of WWII. So that makes it a double whammy.

We need to cut spending down to 2.5 trillion dollars or 15% of GDP. But it is going to be a nightmare because that means we are going to have to cut nearly 1.3 trillion dollars.

The longest journey begins with the first step. Let's start by cutting the salary and benefits of the members of Congress. I'm sure each member of Congress can afford a 15% cut in salary and pay for their own health insurance. One critical example of Leadership is setting an example.

Next, let's reform the tax code to increase revenue; those doing well can afford to pay a bit more than those who are treading water. And to tax the limited income of the working poor would simple shift the burden to counties already on the brink of economic collapse (and no, this is not a result of Obama's Administrtion, county revenue has been insufficient to meet needs for decades).

As opposed to saddling the entire nation with trillion dollar deficits?

Is it possible that rw's don't know that Ryan/RobMe/Norquist/Rove plan to add to our deficit with the same polilcies that caused it in the first place?

Is is possible that some rw's actually believe the LIE that President Obama is responsible for $14TRILLION debt? Is there anyone who does not know that's NOT TRUE??

It is absolutely true that Obama is not responsible for $14 trillion in debt. The debt is very close to $16 trillion and Obama is only responsible for about $5 trillion of that in less than 4 years. It took Bush 8 years to do that.

U.S. National Debt Clock

The Romney/Ryan policies are not the same, but even if they were, they would at the very least cut the increase in the national debt in half.

You are the only nitwit that has suggested that Obama is responsible for a $14 trillion debt that I have read on this board.

The Ryan plan would not eliminate capital gains taxes, or eliminate any taxes at all. Tax rates would be cut across the board.
CON$ervoFascists know Lyin' Ryan's tax "reform"/tax cut for the capital gains tycoons is so extreme they HAVE to lie about it. Lyin' Ryan cuts capital gains, dividends, interest and the inheritance tax for multi-millionaires to ZERO!!!!!

From Lyin' Ryan's own website:

Tax Reforms | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

Promotes saving by eliminating taxes on interest, capital gains, and dividends; also eliminates the death tax.

418803_515464041812445_858818457_n.jpg

Fail.

Stop being an asshole. You're ruining this board.

You said the middle class should pay more taxes to pay for the amount they get from the government. Thus you must believe the same about the poor.

As opposed to saddling the entire nation with trillion dollar deficits?

Is it possible that rw's don't know that Ryan/RobMe/Norquist/Rove plan to add to our deficit with the same polilcies that caused it in the first place?

Is is possible that some rw's actually believe the LIE that President Obama is responsible for $14TRILLION debt? Is there anyone who does not know that's NOT TRUE??

It is absolutely true that Obama is not responsible for $14 trillion in debt. The debt is very close to $16 trillion and Obama is only responsible for about $5 trillion of that in less than 4 years. It took Bush 8 years to do that.

Let's see. 16 - 14 = 2 therefore 2 is = to 5. Did I get your math correct?

U.S. National Debt Clock

The Romney/Ryan policies are not the same, but even if they were, they would at the very least cut the increase in the national debt in half.

If true, what would be the consequences? Think in terms of revenue lost to states, local government, non profits and special districts.

You are the only nitwit that has suggested that Obama is responsible for a $14 trillion debt that I have read on this board.

Debt is equal to money spent which one does not have and the interest on the debt accrued. Given that the Obama Administration has increased the debt, how much can be attributed to intrest added from debt owned before January 2009?

Given the cost to rehabilitate bridges and roadways, fund improvements and such, how much of this funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of Feb. 2009 (by the way, this act was past only one month after Obama took the oath of office) was the result of deferred maintenance from previous administrations. And, how much more is necessary?

Fail.

Stop being an asshole. You're ruining this board.

You said the middle class should pay more taxes to pay for the amount they get from the government. Thus you must believe the same about the poor.

Stop making such assholic assumptions and failed diversions.

You are ruining the board.

Forum List

Back