Ryan Tax Plan would have lowered Romney's 2010 taxes to 1%

"ou heard it here, folks. Sniperfire believes the middle class should face a tax hike."

But I thought the gop is for less taxes. Ok, only for some.

If the middle class are going to consume ENORMOUS increases in Federal spending, then they should pony up more of the burden.

Agree, disagree, or are you just another Libtard lacky who wants the other guy to pay for everything?

I have paid into the system my whole working life. I am surely going to collect and RIGHTFULLy so. If we need to pay more than EVERYONE, yes even the wealthy, should pay a little more. Pure fairness. If you are going to run on lower taxes thats fine, heck I agree with it. But less taxes for EVERYONE. Cant discriminate.

You have no idea what the fiscal cliff is.

Fiscal cliff:

entitlements-historical-tax-levels-606.jpg

That's fascinating.

1. Where's defense spending in that picture?

2. How does losing 99% of the tax revenue that guys like Romney are paying help fix that problem?

Defense spending is near all-time lows as a percentage of our wealth (GDP) spent on it.

You are attempting to obfuscate, or else you are completely ignorant. I suspect both.

The runaway expenses which are destroying America are entitlements.

Fiscal cliff:

That's fascinating.

2. How does losing 99% of the tax revenue that guys like Romney are paying help fix that problem?

Defense spending is near all-time lows as a percentage of our wealth (GDP) spent on it.

You are attempting to obfuscate, or else you are completely ignorant. I suspect both.

\
We currently spend 4.7% of GDP on defense spending alone.

The Ryan budget envisions spending a total of 3% of GDP on ALL discretionary spending (including defense).

Why does Paul Ryan hate the troops?

As opposed to saddling the entire nation with trillion dollar deficits?

Is it possible that rw's don't know that Ryan/RobMe/Norquist/Rove plan to add to our deficit with the same polilcies that caused it in the first place?

Is is possible that some rw's actually believe the LIE that President Obama is responsible for $14TRILLION debt? Is there anyone who does not know that's NOT TRUE??

I have paid into the system my whole working life. I am surely going to collect and RIGHTFULLy so. If we need to pay more than EVERYONE, yes even the wealthy, should pay a little more. Pure fairness. If you are going to run on lower taxes thats fine, heck I agree with it. But less taxes for EVERYONE. Cant discriminate.

You really don't make any sense.

Our tax system already discriminates more than any other system in the world, with the USA relying more on the rich to pay for things than any other.

But as you see from the charts posted, the 'middle class' is posed to enjoy ENORMOUS increases in their take of Federal spending as entitlement benefits.

Should not the middle class see ENORMOUS tax increases to compensate?

You did say you want fairness, didn't you?

SO if everyone gets a tax break, which is fine, we can suppose that the middle class will end up paying more correct?

Absolutely. In fees for sure, and in state and local taxes. I wonder if those members of Congress, the ones who actually prepare the budget for a President's signature will consider the loss of revenue sharing dollars if federal income taxes are cut to the bone?

Considering that, and the effort to cut back entitlements, the poor, the aged, the very young and the infirm will suffer.

How will the several states respond to environmental disasters when they have reduced first responders to the minimum; when hospitals cannot be compensated by the uninsured and public services have been overwhelmed?

Consider the grant dollars today which keep non profits alive providing social services to victim's of domestic violence, to those suffering from AIDS, providing counseling to the depressed, suicidal and overwhelmed , to victims of sexual abuse, etc. etc.

That's when the government will become the problem, when government as we know it no longer exists for all of the people and limits itself to the needs and benefits of the Power Elite.

Consider, in all of the speeches by members of Congress about cutting the deficit, how often have you heard a call to reduce the pay, benefits and perks afforded to Senators or Members of the House of Representatives.

"ou heard it here, folks. Sniperfire believes the middle class should face a tax hike."

If the middle class are going to consume ENORMOUS increases in Federal spending, then they should pony up more of the burden.

Agree, disagree, or are you just another Libtard lacky who wants the other guy to pay for everything?

So SniperFire is now claiming not to be middle class and that's why SniperFire has so much time to post endlessly on these boards, SF must be so wealthy, that working for a living isn't needed.

My take is that SF is so envious of the wealthy, that SF is more than willing to give the wealthy everything and SF is hoping that a few crumbs will fall his/her way.

No wonder Romney picked him. Talk about buying your way to high office!!

From Roll Call:

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent

The tax plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), the newly minted GOP vice presidential candidate, would have slashed Mitt Romney's effective tax rate to about 1 percent in 2010, based on Romney's tax return that year, according to a Roll Call analysis.

The Ryan tax cut, which would shave about 90 percent off of Romney's tax bill, would result from the Wisconsin Republican's "Roadmap for America's Future" proposal to eliminate taxes on capital gains, dividends and interest. Since about 95 percent of Romney's $21.6 million income came from those sources in 2010, he would pay no taxes on the vast majority of his earnings. It's not certain exactly how low Romney's tax bill would go, but his income from other sources amounts to about $1 million, and Ryan's plan would set a new top rate of 25 percent. Romney's total tax bill would have dropped from the $3 million that he paid to a few hundred thousand dollars if Ryan's plan had been in effect.

. . .

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent : Roll Call Politics

So, what do you Romney/Ryan supporters want to personally give up to pay for this massive tax cut for this multi-millionaire??

1. Bullshit
2. Ok, even if true, so?

How about you defend team Obama's $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in three years, record unemployment, worthless US $, first credit downgrade in history, housing markets in shitter, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

Fiscal cliff:

That's fascinating.

Our government borrows from Social Security to fund defense. Defense is the problem; defense is the budget buster; defense is what is creating the illusion that Social Security is broke.

So SniperFire is now claiming not to be middle class and that's why SniperFire has so much time to post endlessly on these boards, SF must be so wealthy, that working for a living isn't needed.

My take is that SF is so envious of the wealthy, that SF is more than willing to give the wealthy everything and SF is hoping that a few crumbs will fall his/her way.

Sounds like you can't handle the truth, either.

LOLOLOL

That's fascinating.

Our government borrows from Social Security to fund defense. Defense is the problem; defense is the budget buster; defense is what is creating the illusion that Social Security is broke.

Running your mouth mindlessly don't feed the dog.

Defense spending is at or near record lows as a percent of our GDP spent. It is about the same as it has always been, excepting real wars.

Guess which spending categories are exploding out of control as a percentage of our GDP?

Or, you may choose to logoff now.

LOL

No wonder Romney picked him. Talk about buying your way to high office!!

From Roll Call:

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent

The tax plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), the newly minted GOP vice presidential candidate, would have slashed Mitt Romney's effective tax rate to about 1 percent in 2010, based on Romney's tax return that year, according to a Roll Call analysis.

The Ryan tax cut, which would shave about 90 percent off of Romney's tax bill, would result from the Wisconsin Republican's "Roadmap for America's Future" proposal to eliminate taxes on capital gains, dividends and interest. Since about 95 percent of Romney's $21.6 million income came from those sources in 2010, he would pay no taxes on the vast majority of his earnings. It's not certain exactly how low Romney's tax bill would go, but his income from other sources amounts to about $1 million, and Ryan's plan would set a new top rate of 25 percent. Romney's total tax bill would have dropped from the $3 million that he paid to a few hundred thousand dollars if Ryan's plan had been in effect.

. . .

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent : Roll Call Politics

So, what do you Romney/Ryan supporters want to personally give up to pay for this massive tax cut for this multi-millionaire??

1. Bullshit
2. Ok, even if true, so?

How about you defend team Obama's $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in three years, record unemployment, worthless US $, first credit downgrade in history, housing markets in shitter, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

How else do you pay for Bushs' wars?

Fiscal cliff:

That's fascinating.

Defense as a % of GDP in the post WWII era bottomed in 2000, at 3.7%. Not surprisingly that would be the last year before the GOP got the presidency back.

And Romney wants even more defense spending.

This is the basic modus operandi of the GOP - they are always looking for ways to squeeze money out of the budget, with phoney talk about deficits and debt,

just so they can shift it to the defense industry, and to the rich via big tax cuts.

Republicans have NO interest in balancing the budget; their only interest is in talking about balancing the budget when they're out of power to fool fiscally responsible, but naive people into voting for them.

Look I'm not even close to rich but I don't hate them as you do. The fact is it is their money and the government should stay as much away from it as possible. I want all taxes to go down but especially the dividend taxes to help the elderly that have their money invested. Democrats like to talk of even playing fields. But your idea of even really is uneven into your favor. Stop lying and call it what it is. It is nothing more than an attempt to create equality.

Forum List

Back