Ryan Tax Plan would have lowered Romney's 2010 taxes to 1%

That's fascinating.

1. Where's defense spending in that picture?

2. How does losing 99% of the tax revenue that guys like Romney are paying help fix that problem?

Defense spending is near all-time lows as a percentage of our wealth (GDP) spent on it.

You are attempting to obfuscate, or else you are completely ignorant. I suspect both.

The runaway expenses which are destroying America are entitlements.

Defense as a % of GDP in the post WWII era bottomed in 2000, at 3.7%. Not surprisingly that would be the last year before the GOP got the presidency back.

And Romney wants even more defense spending.

This is the basic modus operandi of the GOP - they are always looking for ways to squeeze money out of the budget, with phoney talk about deficits and debt,

just so they can shift it to the defense industry, and to the rich via big tax cuts.

Republicans have NO interest in balancing the budget; their only interest is in talking about balancing the budget when they're out of power to fool fiscally responsible, but naive people into voting for them.

You are struggling. Here is the question again which you simply refuse to address.

Defense spending is at or near record lows as a percent of our GDP spent. It is about the same as it has always been, excepting real wars.

Guess which spending categories are exploding out of control as a percentage of our GDP?

LOL

If the middle class are going to consume ENORMOUS increases in Federal spending, then they should pony up more of the burden.

Agree, disagree, or are you just another Libtard lacky who wants the other guy to pay for everything?

So SniperFire is now claiming not to be middle class and that's why SniperFire has so much time to post endlessly on these boards, SF must be so wealthy, that working for a living isn't needed.

My take is that SF is so envious of the wealthy, that SF is more than willing to give the wealthy everything and SF is hoping that a few crumbs will fall his/her way.

Sounds like you can't handle the truth, either.

LOLOLOL

Truth? You are never interested in the truth, you're nothing but a walking talking points echo chamber.
Truth? I have stated repeatedely that Obama is a piss poor president and I won't be voting for him. But that doesn't mean I'm voting for Romney-Ryan. I actually care about Main Street America and that doesn't require being a tool for one party or the other. Got that,,tool?

So SniperFire is now claiming not to be middle class and that's why SniperFire has so much time to post endlessly on these boards, SF must be so wealthy, that working for a living isn't needed.

My take is that SF is so envious of the wealthy, that SF is more than willing to give the wealthy everything and SF is hoping that a few crumbs will fall his/her way.

Sounds like you can't handle the truth, either.

LOLOLOL

Truth? You are never interested in the truth, you're nothing but a walking talking points echo chamber.
Truth? I have stated repeatedely that Obama is a piss poor president and I won't be voting for him. But that doesn't mean I'm voting for Romney-Ryan. I actually care about Main Street America and that doesn't require being a tool for one party or the other. Got that,,tool?

If the middle class are going to consume ENORMOUS increases in Federal spending, then they should pony up more of the burden.

Agree, disagree, or are you just another Libtard lacky who wants the other guy to pay for everything?

Defense spending is near all-time lows as a percentage of our wealth (GDP) spent on it.

You are attempting to obfuscate, or else you are completely ignorant. I suspect both.

The runaway expenses which are destroying America are entitlements.

Defense as a % of GDP in the post WWII era bottomed in 2000, at 3.7%. Not surprisingly that would be the last year before the GOP got the presidency back.

This is the basic modus operandi of the GOP - they are always looking for ways to squeeze money out of the budget, with phoney talk about deficits and debt,

just so they can shift it to the defense industry, and to the rich via big tax cuts.

Republicans have NO interest in balancing the budget; their only interest is in talking about balancing the budget when they're out of power to fool fiscally responsible, but naive people into voting for them.

You are struggling. Here is the question again which you simply refuse to address.

Defense spending is at or near record lows as a percent of our GDP spent. It is about the same as it has always been, excepting real wars.

Guess which spending categories are exploding out of control as a percentage of our GDP?

LOL

You're setting up a false premise. You're falsely assuming that the percentage of GDP we spend on defense can accurately reflect what we need to spend on defense. We needlessly spent 12 billion dollars a month in Iraq for about 7 years, even if overall defense as a % of GDP was low compared to the 1950's or whatever.

Does that justify it? If we saved money from the winding down of the Cold War but then spent it in Iraq for no good reason, that somehow makes it okay?

No wonder Romney picked him. Talk about buying your way to high office!!

From Roll Call:

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent

The tax plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), the newly minted GOP vice presidential candidate, would have slashed Mitt Romney's effective tax rate to about 1 percent in 2010, based on Romney's tax return that year, according to a Roll Call analysis.

The Ryan tax cut, which would shave about 90 percent off of Romney's tax bill, would result from the Wisconsin Republican's "Roadmap for America's Future" proposal to eliminate taxes on capital gains, dividends and interest. Since about 95 percent of Romney's $21.6 million income came from those sources in 2010, he would pay no taxes on the vast majority of his earnings. It's not certain exactly how low Romney's tax bill would go, but his income from other sources amounts to about $1 million, and Ryan's plan would set a new top rate of 25 percent. Romney's total tax bill would have dropped from the $3 million that he paid to a few hundred thousand dollars if Ryan's plan had been in effect.

. . .

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent : Roll Call Politics

So, what do you Romney/Ryan supporters want to personally give up to pay for this massive tax cut for this multi-millionaire??

1. Bullshit
2. Ok, even if true, so?

How about you defend team Obama's $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in three years, record unemployment, worthless US $, first credit downgrade in history, housing markets in shitter, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

How else do you pay for Bushs' wars?

Boooooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

As opposed to saddling the entire nation with trillion dollar deficits?

Is it possible that rw's don't know that Ryan/RobMe/Norquist/Rove plan to add to our deficit with the same polilcies that caused it in the first place?

Is is possible that some rw's actually believe the LIE that President Obama is responsible for $14TRILLION debt? Is there anyone who does not know that's NOT TRUE??

:eusa_clap:

From Roll Call:

The tax plan proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), the newly minted GOP vice presidential candidate, would have slashed Mitt Romney's effective tax rate to about 1 percent in 2010, based on Romney's tax return that year, according to a Roll Call analysis.

The Ryan tax cut, which would shave about 90 percent off of Romney's tax bill, would result from the Wisconsin Republican's "Roadmap for America's Future" proposal to eliminate taxes on capital gains, dividends and interest. Since about 95 percent of Romney's $21.6 million income came from those sources in 2010, he would pay no taxes on the vast majority of his earnings. It's not certain exactly how low Romney's tax bill would go, but his income from other sources amounts to about $1 million, and Ryan's plan would set a new top rate of 25 percent. Romney's total tax bill would have dropped from the $3 million that he paid to a few hundred thousand dollars if Ryan's plan had been in effect.

. . .

Paul Ryan's Tax Plan Would Slash Mitt Romney's Tax Rate to 1 Percent : Roll Call Politics

So, what do you Romney/Ryan supporters want to personally give up to pay for this massive tax cut for this multi-millionaire??

1. Bullshit
2. Ok, even if true, so?

How about you defend team Obama's $5,000,000,000,000 new debt in three years, record unemployment, worthless US $, first credit downgrade in history, housing markets in shitter, record numbers of Americans on public assistance, etc.?

It's not Obama's debt. The 2009 deficit would have been about a trillion dollars even if spending had been frozen at 2008 levels. Which btw would have been impossible by any president.

LOL

You're setting up a false premise. You're falsely assuming that the percentage of GDP we spend on defense can accurately reflect what we need to spend on defense. We needlessly spent 12 billion dollars a month in Iraq for about 7 years, even if overall defense as a % of GDP was low compared to the 1950's or whatever.

Does that justify it? If we saved money from the winding down of the Cold War but then spent it in Iraq for no good reason, that somehow makes it okay?

No false premise.

Defense spending is obviously not the problem, but you would love us to buy that obfuscation. You live the Liberal Lie.

Defense spending was the majority of the Federal budget in the 40's.

Defense spending was about 70% of our Federal budget in the 50's.

Defense spending ranged between 50-60% of our Federal budget in the 60-70's.

Defense spending was about 30-40% of our Federal budget in the 80-90's.

Defense spending, today, is about 20% of our Federal budget today.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/...or Blog/US_Defense_Spending_-__to_Outlays.png

Would you like to see a similar comparison on social program spending?

Or is it time for you to logoff?

Last edited:
I love charts. I particularly love to read conclusions drawn from charts. Conclusions based on charts are never the product of critical thinking and solely the product of emotion fueled by ignorance, a combination which makes the true believer.

What at first blush I see in the Chart offered by SF, and example of a true believer, is a projected problem if solutions are ignored and the can is kicked down the road for generations - as the issue of health care in America has been since first debated during TR's Administration.

This decade the Democrats attempted to find a solution to this festering problem and Big Pharma and the Medical Insurance Industry put big bucks into defending the golden goose, a goose which had become and albatross around the necks of American workers and the American economy.

From Roll Call:

. . .

Nothing in the article to prove the allegation..

Work on it.................

Democrats become desperate as they know many will be doing time behind bars for the thousands of felonies they have committed.

I love charts. I particularly love to read conclusions drawn from charts. Conclusions based on charts are never the product of critical thinking and solely the product of emotion fueled by ignorance, a combination which makes the true believer.

What at first blush I see in the Chart offered by SF, and example of a true believer, is a projected problem if solutions are ignored and the can is kicked down the road for generations - as the issue of health care in America has been since first debated during TR's Administration.

This decade the Democrats attempted to find a solution to this festering problem and Big Pharma and the Medical Insurance Industry put big bucks into defending the golden goose, a goose which had become and albatross around the necks of American workers and the American economy.

Mindless, class warfare babble does not solve out problems.

As opposed to saddling the entire nation with trillion dollar deficits?

Is it possible that rw's don't know that Ryan/RobMe/Norquist/Rove plan to add to our deficit with the same polilcies that caused it in the first place?

Is is possible that some rw's actually believe the LIE that President Obama is responsible for $14TRILLION debt? Is there anyone who does not know that's NOT TRUE??

:eusa_clap:

I know it is not true. In fact Obama has done an amazing job at cutting spending. I mean he has got us down from historic deficits down to just over 1 trillion a year. My hero that is what he is. He is my hero in shining armor talking the deficit regardless the cost. Where would we be without him?

I’m in no delusional state. I know heavy deficit spending started under Carter and continued through every president except Clinton. That does not change the fact that we need to tackle the debt. And I also know it is not the riches responsibility to pay for everyone else. Sure they need to pay their fair share but that would be the same percentage as everyone else. Taxing dividends hurts a lot of peoples incomes not just the rich. Plus it is a double tax as dividends are already taxed with the corporate tax rate.

Mindless, class warfare babble does not solve out problems.

And yet you continue to babble. Why? Have you ever actually thought through the problem of health care in America? [that ? is rhetorical, it's obvious you have not. Try thinking, stop parroting, it's boring, unproductive and unconvincing]

Wow what hypocrisy is that? First you are going to preach about talking points then turn right around and use them. The problem with the health care industry had nothing, NOTHING, to do with health insurance. In fact they are trying their best to contain cost. The problem with the health care industry is the demand created from all the free healthcare the government is offering. That and the fact they want to pay less than the value for the service. Then the government tells doctors and hospitals they can be exempt from monopoly laws so they can shift the losses from government funded patients to private funded patients.

You are the one shouting out talking points and you are preaching to everyone else.

Let's see, over thirty years of flat wag growth for the working middle class in Real Dollars. You're talking about the demographic who has seen their percentage of the National Income hit a record low. And all of this despite of high productivity. Of course your everyday talking points echo chamber only looks at what his masters tell him/her to look at and you have the audacity to attack the working middle class.
Why not read this opinion piece by Senator Republican Tom Coburn?

Subsidies of the Rich and Famous
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

Let's see you whine and moan about this BS! You won't because your nose is so far up the wealthy's ass in envy, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and slapped you in the face.

Let's see, over thirty years of flat wag growth for the working middle class in Real Dollars. You're talking about the demographic who has seen their percentage of the National Income hit a record low. And all of this despite of high productivity. Of course your everyday talking points echo chamber only looks at what his masters tell him/her to look at and you have the audacity to attack the working middle class.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public...&File_id=544ae3e7-195b-40ad-aa84-334fdd6a5e1f

Let's see you whine and moan about this BS! You won't because your nose is so far up the wealthy's ass in envy, you wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and slapped you in the face.

I figure you to be a troll, since you ignored the direct question about whether or not the middle class should face tax increases commensurate with their increasing take from the Federal kitty.

But hey, you were beatdown so we shall move on.

I'll ask you another question.

Is it realistic to compare 'middle class wages' of any time in our history to that brief post WW2 era when the rest of the industrial world lay in bombed out ruin?

You are correct as I have looked at that in the past. In fact I looked up the data from when I looked it up before. As you can see you are correct that the tax rate has decreased the most for the Top 1% and the Top 50% but the odd thing is that the top 50% rate of pay increased the slowest which shows that there is no correlation between tax rate and rate growth. The fact is the growth was simply because the higher pay the higher the increase. Simply put it is just a fact of the numbers and nothing to do with tax policy. By the way this is all taxes and not just income. Plus it includes businesses and corporations as well.

17,302 Top 50 %: 16.32%
32,242 Top 25% 18.72%
48,656 Top 10% 22.64%
62,377 Top 5% 25.68%
118,818 Top 1% 33.13%

32,396 Top 50 %: 12.50% 23.407 % decrease
66,193 Top 25% 14.68% 21.581 % decrease
112,124 Top 10% 18.05% 20.274 % decrease
154,643 Top 5% 20.46% 20.327 % decrease
343,927 Top 1% 24.01% 27.528 % decrease

The pay for each class increased by

Top 50 %: 87.24%
Top 25% 105.30%
Top 10% 130.44%
Top 5% 147.92%
Top 1% 189.46%

Last edited:

I figure you to be a troll, since you ignored the direct question about whether or not the middle class should face tax increases commensurate with their increasing take from the Federal kitty.

But hey, you were beatdown so we shall move on.

I'll ask you another question.

Is it realistic to compare 'middle class wages' of any time in our history to that brief post WW2 era when the rest of the industrial world lay in bombed out ruin?

So in your world the poor would PAY for their medicaid, food stamps, housing assistance, energy assistance, public school, college assistance...

...all through higher taxes ON the poor???

Can you get Romney to run on that?

Forum List

Back