Ryan Bill Dies in the Senate

I was better off before Democrats took control of the purse strings.

way better off

Democrats are punishing the American public for voting Bush, voting for liberty, voting for our Christian heritage by destroying the economy for future generations........

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that Republicans ran up the bulk of the national debt we now have and Bush was the worst one of all. He took 200 years of accumulated debt and doubled it in just eight.

Of course Ryans plan didn't make it through the Senate. No one expected it would.

I'm very interested to see the Dem plan to save Medicare.

Oh wait. I forgot. Thats an entitlement.

Never mind.
Yes, an entitlement that every working person pays into.

Yes we all pay into it but it is broke and none of the Clowns in DC are doing anything to fix it.

If anyone tries they are accused of throwing grandma off a cliff.

We've seen how far Ryans plan got. Lets see if the Dems come up with one and how far that gets in the partisanship that is DC.

five republicans defect.

The Republican defectors were Sens. Scott Brown (R-MA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Rand Paul (R-KY). (Unlike the others, Paul voted against it because it wasn't radical enough.) Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) did not vote

ThinkProgress » BREAKING: Medicare-Ending GOP Budget Dies In Senate With 5 Republican Defectors

Cant say I'm shocked...

The RINO's in the Senate need to be voted out and be replaced with real (preferably) Tea Party patriots.

Rand Paul is the only respectable one of the bunch and I support his reasons behind voting nay, but he should have voted yay. Ryans plan would have put us in a better financial position in the near future.

You gotta love the Paul's tho - they wont vote for a bill unless they're satisfied with it. Unlike many progressives and republicans they wont vote party line on every bill.

five republicans defect.

The Republican defectors were Sens. Scott Brown (R-MA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Rand Paul (R-KY). (Unlike the others, Paul voted against it because it wasn't radical enough.) Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) did not vote

ThinkProgress » BREAKING: Medicare-Ending GOP Budget Dies In Senate With 5 Republican Defectors
Stowe, Collins, Murkowski and Brown are RINO's.....Libs with R's after their names.
The Bill had no chance of getting through the Dem controlled senate.
Partisan politics.
Should Obamacare survive in it's current form, medicare recipients are in for a rude wakening

Where in the rules does it state that Republicans are not allowed to be Liberals?

way better off

Democrats are punishing the American public for voting Bush, voting for liberty, voting for our Christian heritage by destroying the economy for future generations........

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that Republicans ran up the bulk of the national debt we now have and Bush was the worst one of all. He took 200 years of accumulated debt and doubled it in just eight.

Thats not true at all.

Our congress ran up debt, especially the 110th congress (democrat super majority).

I blame Bush for respecting democracy so much that he refused to veto the progressives spending spree that continued into January 2011.

Democrats spent like little kids in a candy store from Jan 2007 to Jan 2011.

All you have to do is look at the 110th and 111th spending. Both were liberal super majorities..

Now, I'm not saying when republicans had power they didn't spend, however I certainly am saying the progressives dwarfed republican spending to an extreme level.

way better off

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that obie doodle has ran up more debt than all the other Presidents before him COMBINED?

way better off

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that obie doodle has ran up more debt than all the other Presidents before him COMBINED?

No he hasn't

BOOOOoooosh ran up $5 Trillion worth of tax cuts, unfunded wars and Medicare Part D

Last edited:
five republicans defect.

Cant say I'm shocked...

The RINO's in the Senate need to be voted out and be replaced with real (preferably) Tea Party patriots.

Rand Paul is the only respectable one of the bunch and I support his reasons behind voting nay, but he should have voted yay. Ryans plan would have put us in a better financial position in the near future.

You gotta love the Paul's tho - they wont vote for a bill unless they're satisfied with it. Unlike many progressives and republicans they wont vote party line on every bill.

Guess what?

You don't get to pick the Senators in those states...the people of that state do
And guess the leanings of most the people in Main and Massachusetts? They select Senators who represent the needs of their states, not the desires of the Tea Party.

As to Murkowsky in Alaska, how did Tea Party hopeful Joe Miller do against a write in candidate?

No he hasn't

BOOOOoooosh ran up $5 Trillion worth of tax cuts, unfunded wars and Medicare Part D

Yes he has

No he hasn't

fyi
his 8 fiscal years added $6.3 TRILLION to our total debt, not $5.0....let alone the debt his programs passed like the pill bill are adding to the present debt.

No he hasn't

Yes he has

Good luck finding a link to prove that one

Actually, It was George BOOOOsssh who ran up more debt than every President before him, Obama isn't even close

Last edited:

Cant say I'm shocked...

Guess what?

You don't get to pick the Senators in those states...the people of that state do
And guess the leanings of most the people in Main and Massachusetts? They select Senators who represent the needs of their states, not the desires of the Tea Party.

As to Murkowsky in Alaska, how did Tea Party hopeful Joe Miller do against a write in candidate?

And what exactly was the point of your post???

No he hasn't

fyi
his 8 fiscal years added $6.3 TRILLION to our total debt, not $5.0....let alone the debt his programs passed like the pill bill are adding to the present debt.

From 2001-2007 the debt went from 5.7 to 8.4, from 2007-2010 it went from 8.4 to 13.5.

Bush in 6 years before democrats had a legislative majority managed to rack up 2.7 trillion dollars in debt.

Bush and Obama under a democrat legislative majority managed to rack up 6.1 trillion in debt in only 4 years..

United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember who authorizes spending - congress.

Last edited:
No he hasn't

fyi

From 2001-2007 the debt went from 5.7 to 8.4, from 2007-2010 it went from 8.4 to 13.5.

Bush in 6 years before democrats had a legislative majority managed to rack up 2.7 trillion dollars in debt.

Bush and Obama under a democrat legislative majority managed to rack up 6.1 trillion in debt..

sorry! bush served 8 years....you don't get to use 6 years just for your partisan pleasure nick!

clinton served 8 years, and those 8 years were his as well....

baffling with bull crud, just don't fly.

obama's stimulus in bush's last fiscal year added 100 billion of the 1.4 billion deficit....whoopdeedo!

president bush added at least 100 billion to president clinton's last fiscal year....

it is, what it is.

Remember who didn't veto a single bill, let alone a spending bill, for six years.

Not that Boiking hasn't been an utter disaster, you still gotta recognize that the Shrub was a total spendthrift.

I agree 100% and I'm not trying to defend Bush - Bush should have vetoed some spending bills.

I bet the democrats were threatening to not authorize spending on Iraq if they couldn't spend on their own pet projects.

Thats what those suits in the beltway call "compromise."

Also, as a libertarian - I would have a hard time myself vetoing a bill. This is a democracy and the president isn't (supposed to be) a dictator.

Last edited:
Is he on crack? His healthcare isn't free...then he dodges the question.

fyi

Bush and Obama under a democrat legislative majority managed to rack up 6.1 trillion in debt..

sorry! bush served 8 years....you don't get to use 6 years just for your partisan pleasure nick!

clinton served 8 years, and those 8 years were his as well....

baffling with bull crud, just don't fly.

obama's stimulus in bush's last fiscal year added 100 billion of the 1.4 billion deficit....whoopdeedo!

president bush added at least 100 billion to president clinton's last fiscal year....

it is, what it is.

I'm not, presidents don't spend money - congress does.

I'm looking at which parties had the opportunity to spend without being opposed and those that didn't have that opportunity. The 110th and 111th congresses belonged to the democrats by a wide margin.

When a party has a majority in the House and Senate - they can pass whatever they want and the only road block is a veto by the president.

A 50/50 or 49/51 senate makeup is a stalemate and thats exactly what Bush had for his first 6 years...

No he hasn't

fyi

Q: Doesn't Congress pass budgets?
Q: Wasn't Congress controlled by Democrats for much of that time?

Remember who didn't veto a single bill, let alone a spending bill, for six years.

Not that Boiking hasn't been an utter disaster, you still gotta recognize that the Shrub was a total spendthrift.

I agree 100% and I'm not trying to defend Bush - Bush should have vetoed some spending bills.

I bet the democrats were threatening to not authorize spending on Iraq if they couldn't spend on their own pet projects.

Thats what those suits in the beltway call "compromise."

Also, as a libertarian - I would have a hard time myself vetoing a bill. This is a democracy and the president isn't (supposed to be) a dictator.

Which Democratic pet projects were passed by Bush?

Forum List

Back