Ryan Bill Dies in the Senate

Remember who didn't veto a single bill, let alone a spending bill, for six years.

Not that Boiking hasn't been an utter disaster, you still gotta recognize that the Shrub was a total spendthrift.

I agree 100% and I'm not trying to defend Bush - Bush should have vetoed some spending bills.

I bet the democrats were threatening to not authorize spending on Iraq if they couldn't spend on their own pet projects.

Thats what those suits in the beltway call "compromise."

Also, as a libertarian - I would have a hard time myself vetoing a bill. This is a democracy and the president isn't (supposed to be) a dictator.

Which Democratic pet projects were passed by Bush?

There is this awesome thing called the library of congress.

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Spend a few hours reading the bills passed by the 110th and 111th.

They're hard to find because the 110th and 111th spent 90% of their time passing house and senate resolutions but every once in a while you will find a bill that is a spending bill or a bill that bans or regulates.

Get proactive and learn...

Rand Paul's vote doesn't concern me unless he'd be willing to do the same thing if his vote were the deciding one. Somehow I doubt that's the case.

Remember who didn't veto a single bill, let alone a spending bill, for six years.

Not that Boiking hasn't been an utter disaster, you still gotta recognize that the Shrub was a total spendthrift.

I agree 100% and I'm not trying to defend Bush - Bush should have vetoed some spending bills.

I bet the democrats were threatening to not authorize spending on Iraq if they couldn't spend on their own pet projects.

Also, as a libertarian - I would have a hard time myself vetoing a bill. This is a democracy and the president isn't (supposed to be) a dictator.

Medicare D, for starters.....They had been mewling about that one for years and Shrubbie stole the issue right out from under them.

Remember who authorizes spending - congress.

No, that's what we call "selling out"....And people are sick of it.

It's a proud day for demonRats hey Jillian? The day the party destroyed the economics of America. Good job. Well done.

The economics of America were destroyed long before the democrats took over.

I'd put the timeframe somewhere around 1980 with St Reagan's voodoo trickle-down economics bullshit.

It's a proud day for demonRats hey Jillian? The day the party destroyed the economics of America. Good job. Well done.

The economics of America were destroyed long before the democrats took over.

I'd put the timeframe somewhere around 1980 with St Reagan's voodoo trickle-down economics bullshit.
Oh yeah...And the 12+% inflation and 20+% interest rates during the Carter years had the nation just a-chuggin' along! :rolleyes:

five republicans defect.

The Republican defectors were Sens. Scott Brown (R-MA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Rand Paul (R-KY). (Unlike the others, Paul voted against it because it wasn't radical enough.) Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) did not vote

ThinkProgress » BREAKING: Medicare-Ending GOP Budget Dies In Senate With 5 Republican Defectors

How many votes did Obama's budget bill receive?

I have a question...what is with the Medicare debate, when Obamacare cut 1/2 Trillion from Medicare as part of its "savings" benefit?

The truth is, when America is at work with low unemployment and the people are in good jobs, the deficit melts away. Notice Republican's don't have a single suggestion for building revenue beyond "Give rich people money, they'll take care of us"?

Instead, they "slash and burn". How many Republican leaders have said the words, "Supply and Demand" or "investment"? They don't know that's the foundation for capitalism. Seriously, they don't know.

Supply and demand.

Investment.

Revenue.

Words Republicans can't say. They don't know what they mean.

You have your head so far up your ass that I think when you speak your upper colon produces an echo on the words you spew.

Here is a question for you hack, several Rs put forward budget proposals yesterday. How many Dem budget proposals were put forward for vote? Obama's February proposal was there. Not a single Democrat voted yes on the Obama budget. Outside of that one, what have the lib representatives (you know, the ones hired to draft legislation and produce budget proposals) done on the Dem side of the aisle?

Have the idiot dems even gotten around to drafting a bill that was due last October, you know, when they had control of the House, Senate, and Presidency? They are about a year behind at this point, because they are running around convincing idiots such as yourself that they are the party of ideas.

You are such a partisan clueless dipshit.

You're right. That was a pretty good ad.

Imagine giving someone 75 a few bucks and telling them to go out and buy insurance. Of course they can't. No one will insure them. And then using the "savings" to give tax breaks to "gazillionaires". Hilarious. The "mirth". The "fun". It's a much bigger "joke" than the Ryan/Grandma ad.

I know you fear mongering assholes loved it.

Fearmongering? Like your idols Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney et al about Iraq having WMDs? That kind of fearmongering?

Actually, I was thinking more along these lines:

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And I have dozens more from these and other Democrats.

five republicans defect.

The Republican defectors were Sens. Scott Brown (R-MA), Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Rand Paul (R-KY). (Unlike the others, Paul voted against it because it wasn't radical enough.) Sens. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Pat Roberts (R-KS), and Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX) did not vote

ThinkProgress » BREAKING: Medicare-Ending GOP Budget Dies In Senate With 5 Republican Defectors

I have a question...what is with the Medicare debate, when Obamacare cut 1/2 Trillion from Medicare as part of its "savings" benefit?

:lol::lol:Hell will freeze over before a demonRat answers that one. Hell, I says.

:lol::lol:Hell will freeze over before a demonRat aswers that one. Hell, I says.

:lol:

No one is calling these people out that are using this Mediscare for political points, when OBAMA cut a 1/2 trillion right off the top.

fyi
his 8 fiscal years added $6.3 TRILLION to our total debt, not $5.0....let alone the debt his programs passed like the pill bill are adding to the present debt.

From 2001-2007 the debt went from 5.7 to 8.4, from 2007-2010 it went from 8.4 to 13.5.

Bush in 6 years before democrats had a legislative majority managed to rack up 2.7 trillion dollars in debt.

Bush and Obama under a democrat legislative majority managed to rack up 6.1 trillion in debt..

United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Remember who authorizes spending - congress.

sorry! bush served 8 years....you don't get to use 6 years just for your partisan pleasure nick!

clinton served 8 years, and those 8 years were his as well....

baffling with bull crud, just don't fly.

obama's stimulus in bush's last fiscal year added 100 billion of the 1.4 billion deficit....whoopdeedo!

president bush added at least 100 billion to president clinton's last fiscal year....

it is, what it is.

You only missed the stimulus added to Bush's last fiscal year by Obama and the Democrat controlled congress by $687,000,000 which makes all of your other calculations suspect.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

An act making supplemental appropriations for job preservation and creation, infrastructure investment, energy efficiency and science, assistance to the unemployed, and State and local fiscal stabilization, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2009, and for other purposes.

Enacted by the 111th United States Congress
Introduced in the House as H.R. 1 by Dave Obey (D-WI) on January 26, 2009
Committee consideration by: Appropriations and Budget
Passed the House on January 28, 2009 (244—188)
Passed the Senate on February 10, 2009 (61-37)
Reported by the joint conference committee on February 12, 2009; agreed to by the House on February 13, 2009 (246—183) and by the Senate on February 13, 2009 (60—38)
Signed into law by President Barack Obama on February 17, 2009

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009.

The stimulus was intended to create jobs and promote investment and consumer spending during the late-2000s recession. The rationale for the stimulus comes out of the Keynesian economic tradition which argues that, during recessions, the government ought to replace a drop in private spending with an increase in public spending to save jobs and stop further economic decline. As such, the measures are nominally worth $787 billion.

They're hard to find because the 110th and 111th spent 90% of their time passing house and senate resolutions but every once in a while you will find a bill that is a spending bill or a bill that bans or regulates.

If I am not mistaken, this was all passed by the 111th Congress with a Democrat majority in both houses and a Democrat President.

In 2009, the Obama administration began the year by handing out economic stimulus packages.

In the first 60 days in office, President Barack Obama spearheaded a $787 billion economic stimulus package based on job creation and tax cuts, a $275 billion mortgage stimulus program aimed at saving troubled homeowners from foreclosure, a $30 billion bail out to AIG (which added to the $150 billion the Bush Administration gave the insurance giant in 2008), and a $1 trillion “toxic asset” buyout program designed to get under-water assets off the balance sheets of America’s banks so that the banks could begin lending again. At the end of March 2009, the Obama Administration gave automakers General Motors and Chrysler another $22 billion in low-interest loans. In June, the Obama Administration gave General Motors another $30 billion to help steer it through bankruptcy.

I was better off before Democrats took control of the purse strings.

way better off

Democrats are punishing the American public for voting Bush, voting for liberty, voting for our Christian heritage by destroying the economy for future generations........

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that Republicans ran up the bulk of the national debt we now have and Bush was the worst one of all. He took 200 years of accumulated debt and doubled it in just eight.

I guess you aren't privy to the knowledge that obie doodle has ran up more debt than all the other Presidents before him COMBINED?

You forgot the rider: "Due to...."

I know you fear mongering assholes loved it.

Fearmongering? Like your idols Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney et al about Iraq having WMDs? That kind of fearmongering?

Actually, I was thinking more along these lines:

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

And I have dozens more from these and other Democrats.

1) Did they invade under Clinton's watch?
2) How many repubs voted AGAINST the invasion. Conservatives are always citing dems who voted, but I like to put up the numbers of dems who voted against it vs the number of repubs who did.

If I am not mistaken, this was all passed by the 111th Congress with a Democrat majority in both houses and a Democrat President.

In 2009, the Obama administration began the year by handing out economic stimulus packages.

In the first 60 days in office, President Barack Obama spearheaded a $787 billion economic stimulus package based on job creation and tax cuts, a $275 billion mortgage stimulus program aimed at saving troubled homeowners from foreclosure, a $30 billion bail out to AIG (which added to the $150 billion the Bush Administration gave the insurance giant in 2008), and a $1 trillion “toxic asset” buyout program designed to get under-water assets off the balance sheets of America’s banks so that the banks could begin lending again. At the end of March 2009, the Obama Administration gave automakers General Motors and Chrysler another $22 billion in low-interest loans. In June, the Obama Administration gave General Motors another $30 billion to help steer it through bankruptcy.

Yea, to save the economy after Republicans ruined it. The "White Elephant" in the room.

Well there goes the lie that Republicans vote in lockstep. That happened during the last Congress only because the Dums have become so radicalized even RINOs like Olympia Snowe couldn't support their shit.

As for the Ryan bill, I doubt anyone expected it would survive. But the record is clear: Democrats hate grandma and want to make selektion via death panels.

Yeah.... Only that the republicans plan is actually going to kill grandma but you're right private insurance companies are good people and will not look to make a profit.

Medicare D, for starters.....They had been mewling about that one for years and Shrubbie stole the issue right out from under them.

So the name Billy Tauzin doesn't ring a bell? He basically ramrodded the bill through Congress,,,,then took a job as president of with Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, a huge lobbying group for the pharma industry. You know the plan, that ensures no bargaining on the prices with the pharma industry? That's the bill that was adopted.
Do you actually think the business-hating-socialist Dems would give corporate welfare
to the pharma industry? Nope, their plan didn't include that provision.
But how can we forget that Obama sold out and decided to keep that policy because of the pharma industry's support for Obama care?

Well there goes the lie that Republicans vote in lockstep. That happened during the last Congress only because the Dums have become so radicalized even RINOs like Olympia Snowe couldn't support their shit.

As for the Ryan bill, I doubt anyone expected it would survive. But the record is clear: Democrats hate grandma and want to make selektion via death panels.

Yeah.... Only that the republicans plan is actually going to kill grandma but you're right private insurance companies are good people and will not look to make a profit.

Make profit=bad people.

Yeah, you're a Demcrat all right.

Forum List

Back