Russian Nuclear Threat to Poland?

If it's not a threat then why are the Russians reacting like it is one?

It's all about perception ...

Because they know the American left will take up their banner once again and try to stop this program in its tracks, thus making it easier for Russia to once again exert it's Soviet-era brutality on its neighbors. Doesn't anyone read history anymore?

Because they know the American left will take up their banner once again and try to stop this program in its tracks, thus making it easier for Russia to once again exert it's Soviet-era brutality on its neighbors. Doesn't anyone read history anymore?
hell, some of us don't have to read it, we lived it.
this is nothing more than the Russians trying to get a "one up"
they can add the site to their targets, but if they ever launched at it, it would be able to defend itself and make their targetting useless

hell, some of us don't have to read it, we lived it.
this is nothing more than the Russians trying to get a "one up"
they can add the site to their targets, but if they ever launched at it, it would be able to defend itself and make their targetting useless

Hell, and I was beginning to think us old cold warriors were obsolete!

Hell, and I was beginning to think us old cold warriors were obsolete!

Well there's more than you two. I like when 'unintended consequences' are in our favor:

Outside the Wire - An Un-intended Advantage

An Un-intended Advantage Print E-mail
Written by JD Johannes
Saturday, 16 August 2008
With the Russian Bear deciding the 'Great Game ' is back on and steady growth of the Chinese military--History and big geopolitics is, as Robert Kagan says , making a comeback.

Geopolitics and History invariably lead to the Clauswitzian politics by other means--war.

And in those other means, the United States has a distinct advantage over all others--not just in machines and materials--but where it counts the most: NCO and Officer Leadership.

On March 20th, 2003, when the U.S. led coaltion crossed from Kuwait into Iraq, very few officers and non-commissioned officers of any rank had actual combat experience.

Five years and several months later--the United States military is one of the most combat-experienced militaries in history.

Virtually every officer of the line has led Soldiers and Marines on daily combat missions....

calling them "nimrods" is incorrect
Nimrod was a great hunter and thus they don't fit that high of a standard ;)

I was using definition b) a person regarded as silly or foolish
:lol:

Ha! You should try being in a military unit with the radio call sign Nimrod! There are like 5 people in the whole world that knew that Nimrod was a great hunter. Everyone else just knew of definition b)!

Ha! You should try being in a military unit with the radio call sign Nimrod! There are like 5 people in the whole world that knew that Nimrod was a great hunter. Everyone else just knew of definition b)!

It sucks to be so smart that people jsut can't resonate with you. :lol:

NOBODY in Europe is currently fearful of missles from Iran. What a purposefully transparent lie, that is.

If we were, we'd be putting shields in Isreal, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iraq, Turkey and Afghanistan, not in the Czech Republic.
And by the same token, if WE were really afraid of Russia, we would have enacted a draft already.

Because most of our army is bogged down in iraq and afghanistan.

Some of your conservative brethren want to go to war with Russia over this Georgia thing. If that's true, man up and lets have a draft.

A draft would not be effective with our modern military, and we still have forces available if they are really needed.

Thanks for the advice, but I've already served in uniform.

that is flat out false
Active Military Personnel

TOTAL AVAILABLE MILITARY PERSONNEL
(Active, Reserves and Units Ready for Mobilization)

Learn to read.

I said the Army is bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan. The active US Army is only around half a million, from what I understand.

For the conservatives here who want to go to war with russia, here's a tip. We're not going to win a war in land-locked Georgia with the US Navy, the California National Guard, or the US Airforce.

The Army is what is used to fight and win wars.

Forum List

Back