Russian Nuclear Threat to Poland?

Simple old chap. You said the navy couldn't have any effect in Georgia. I simply pointed out that it could, since marines are navy...get it yet? They do not come under the governance of the US army.

You also seem to think that Georgia is landlocked. It ain't.

As for my views on whether the US could win such a war...pay attention! I haven't opined any!!!! Just couldn't resist the the temptation to fill in your basic knowledge gaps about the various miltary services and geography.

Wow! You must be some big cheese to have Colin Powell, SecDef Gates, most Generals, the Joint Chiefs, and most military officers agreeing with YOU

Okay, Georgia has a coastline on the blacksea. My bad. I don't think that really changes anything in this thread, other than a geographic nitpick.

The US has a navy and an air force. I think we all know that.

So, I'm not sure what your point was. Sorry, I don't remember this entire thread, or every single post. So, if you had a point other than that, I regret I don't know, or remember what it was.

I'd serve again in the event of national emergency....if they'd have me, of course.

I'm probably still fit to be a hostage or something.

I can still wear my old uniforms, believe it or not.

they're a tad shabby and most of them are paint spattered by now, though.

Originally Posted by Bootneck
Simple old chap. You said the navy couldn't have any effect in Georgia. I simply pointed out that it could, since marines are navy...get it yet? They do not come under the governance of the US army.

You also seem to think that Georgia is landlocked. It ain't.

As for my views on whether the US could win such a war...pay attention! I haven't opined any!!!! Just couldn't resist the the temptation to fill in your basic knowledge gaps about the various miltary services and geography.

Okay, Georgia has a coastline on the blacksea. My bad. I don't think that really changes anything in this thread, other than a geographic nitpick.

The US has a navy and an air force. I think we all know that.

So, I'm not sure what your point was. Sorry, I don't remember this entire thread, or every single post. So, if you had a point other than that, I regret I don't know, or remember what it was.

Jeez! You still can't get it! Read my lips.

The Marines are NOT army. They are navy!

Jeez! You still can't get it! Read my lips.

The Marines are NOT army. They are navy!

Please, can we stop with this. I know Marines are navy.

I think everyone knows that.

I have no idea what your point is. Sorry.

My point is, the US cannot, and will not engage in a war in central asia with Russia. And, I don't know if you know this, but several conservative posters here are out of the freaking minds, and are beating the drums for war with russia.

We are not in a position to win a war in central asia against russia. I don't care if we're talking about army or marines. That's Russia's home turf, their sphere of influence. The seat of their power. Its on the other side of the world from us.

Even Reagan and Margaret Thatcher wouldn't have bombed russian or invaded russia - even at the height of their aggression against afghanistan.

So my point is: these war mongering conservatives are out of their fucking minds.

Please, can we stop with this. I know Marines are navy.

I think everyone knows that.

I have no idea what your point is. Sorry.

My point is, the US cannot, and will not engage in a war in central asia with Russia. And, I don't know if you know this, but several conservative posters here are out of the freaking minds, and are beating the drums for war with russia.

We are not in a position to win a war in central asia against russia. I don't care if we're talking about army or marines. That's Russia's home turf, their sphere of influence. The seat of their power. Its on the other side of the world from us.

Even Reagan and Margaret Thatcher wouldn't have bombed russian or invaded russia - even at the height of their aggression against afghanistan.

So my point is: these war mongering conservatives are out of their fucking minds.

Are we on the same board ? I don't see aanyone screaming to attack Russia.

Are we on the same board ? I don't see aanyone screaming to attack Russia.

Neither have I. I haven't seen any one "screaming" to attack russia.

I have seen posters beating the war drums, and comparing this to Hitler's takeover of sudentland in 1938. I've seen posters allude to confronting russian, in more than ways than simple diplomacy. I've seen posters openly wonder if our army can take on russia.

Neither have I. I haven't seen any one "screaming" to attack russia.

I have seen posters beating the war drums, and comparing this to Hitler's takeover of sudentland in 1938. I've seen posters allude to confronting russian, in more than ways than simple diplomacy. I've seen posters openly wonder if our army can take on russia.
Wait, Russia can't be Hitler this week, China has already claimed the title by hiring Albert Speer's progeny as the architect of the Olympics.

Don't be naive dilloduck.

Everytime conservatives want a military conflict, they start throwing around the Hitler comparisons.

The first thing conservatives did when they wanted their war on Iraq, was to start saying that Saddam was the Hitler of the 21st century.

Its the oldest war mongering trick in the book. Try to make people hysterical and afraid.

Then they start saying diplomacy won't work, and we have to confront "evil".

This is the very definition of pounding the drums for war.

Here's a clue. 1938 was a historical year, and what Hitler did in czechoslovakia has gone down in the history books as a transformational and famous event.

In contrast, I'll bet a year's salary that 5 years from now, nobody on this board will barely remember what will have turned out to be a minor border conflict between russia and georgia, over a small territory that has been in dispute for years.

Wait, Russia can't be Hitler this week, China has already claimed the title by hiring Albert Speer's progeny as the architect of the Olympics.

Yeah ... and even THAT'S only on loan from Iran ... who inherited it from Iraq.

Problem being the rhetoric coming from the White House and the timing of the deal.

What do you think we'd do if tomorrow the Russians place a missile defense system back in Cuba?

This is unnecessary escalation and provocation from Washington.

Back in cuba?? Russia never had a missle Defense system in Cuba Brainiac. They had Nuclear tipped missiles there. If we were putting Nukes in Poland I could see Russia's point. All we are doing is placing a defense system that can shoot down missiles targeting any part of Europe. that come from either Russia or the Middle east.

Leave it to a left wing loon to call this a provocation.

Last edited:
Back in cuba?? Russia never had a missle Defense system in Cuba Brainiac. They had Nuclear tipped missiles there. If we were putting Nukes in Poland I could see Russia's point. All we are doing is placing a defense system that can shoot down missiles targeting any part of Europe. that come from either Russia or the Middle east.

Leave it to a left wing loon to call this a provocation.

Oh fercryin' out loud ... I was making a point about placing missiles on a countries doorstep ... and I used what will be set up in Poland in my analogy ... I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry if it wasn't historically accurate enough for you ... (could you feel the sarcasm?) ... the Russian's viewed it as provocation ... you even ackowledge that it is set up to shoot down missiles potentially shot at Europe by Russia.

So what would YOU say if the Russian's place a missile defense system in Cuba ... so that they may shoot down any missiles coming from the U.S. targeting ... let's say ... Venezuela?

Oh fercryin' out loud ... I was making a point about placing missiles on a countries doorstep ... and I used what will be set up in Poland in my analogy ... I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry if it wasn't historically accurate enough for you ... (could you feel the sarcasm?) ... the Russian's viewed it as provocation ... you even ackowledge that it is set up to shoot down missiles potentially shot at Europe by Russia.

So what would YOU say if the Russian's place a missile defense system in Cuba ... so that they may shoot down any missiles coming from the U.S. targeting ... let's say ... Venezuela?

well---we could say ok as long as they give us Georgia and a 10 year access to a pipeline of our choosing !

it is set up to shoot down missiles shot from ANYWHERE that would pass over or into Europe\\and a missile defense system in Cuba would only defend against missiles shot from the USA
(since we are the only one in the western hemisphere with balistic missiles)

Last edited:
it is set up to shoot down missiles shot from ANYWHERE that would pass over or into Europe\\and a missile defense system in Cuba would only defend against missiles shot from the USA
(since we are the only one in the western hemisphere with balistic missiles)

There is no perfect analogy ... you are nitpicking to ignore the main point ... missiles ... on our doorstep.

well---we could say ok as long as they give us Georgia and a 10 year access to a pipeline of our choosing !

Hmmmmm ... when does the coupon expire ... I'd hate to pick a pipeline then have them build a bigger, shinier one 6 months later.

Forum List

Back