Russian intrusion on the USMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here - Inside Israel’s million dollar troll army - June 2019 report.

Snip (It's a long report)...

Act.IL says it has offices in three countries and an online army of more than 15,000.
In its annual report, from January, Act.IL says its goal is to “influence foreign publics” and “battle” BDS – the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement for Palestinian rights.

Through its app, Act.IL issues “missions” to this troll army in exchange for “cool prizes” and scholarships.
The app directs comments towards news websites in support of Israeli wars and racism, while attacking Palestinians and solidarity campaigners. The leaked report claims Act.IL’s app completes 1,580 such missions every week.

As well as its Israeli headquarters, the report lists seven offices – its “media rooms.” These are mainly in the US, with the report giving details from its New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia, Orange County, New York, Florida and then-forthcoming Los Angeles offices.

The home page of Act.IL’s website sports a British flag alongside the Israeli and American, suggesting the organization has another “local media room” in Britain.

Act.IL claims to be a “grassroots” group, but has been described by one expert as “advanced digital political astroturfing” – in other words, a fake “grassroots” campaign. The app’s users pose as ordinary members of the public. But many of the most active users are actually Act.IL staff.

Describing its “no logo” strategy, the report says Act.IL wants to “reach audiences that aren’t necessarily pro-Israel.” Despite the report’s spin about “online community,” a freedom of information disclosure by an Israeli media watchdog has shown that Act.IL was actually founded partly thanks to Israeli government money.
Soooooo, Israel is the only one who does this?

Nope.

They're just the only ones I've noticed consistently on here. Pretty sure I'm not the only person who has noticed it. Like I said, they're rather blatant. Likely because they know they're unfettered. It's so easy not to be interfered with when you have an entire demographic, both parties, hell bent on policing the world. They end up with not only zero opposition, but useful idiot type assistance with their propaganda campaign.

Last edited:
Why are they being tolerated? Look, it's all fine and dandy to be hands off and not want to moderate people for their opinions. But is there no sense of patriotic duty to oppose foreign attempts to influence our people through propaganda, to foreign benefit?
I believe that is the duty of the reader to determine whether or not something is 'propaganda'. Information is like anything else you put into your body...buyer beware!

That being said...USMB is not ground zero for the Russians..or anyone else..for that matter. Facebook....Twitter....Instagram....Google...the major efforts are directed at the big platforms. A bunch of grumpy Boomers of either political persuasion--merit minimal effort.

Your speculation does not disprove the allegation made in the OP. Propaganda is an effective tool, especially when the receptor has received daily BIG LIES across a large segment of mediums. AM radio has been an effective propaganda in the attacks on the MSM, as have the Sinclair and Murdoch properties.

You dont have to disprove allegations with no proof LOL. Lets see some "Russian intrusion". Otherwise I will consider this unproven and ridiculous...

The Cyber attack is proven. The collusion with Americans has been proven in guilty pleas within the Trump Administration. The facts in the public domain are clear, Putin put in motion an attack on HRC which trump on national television asked of Russia, "if you are listening" to aid his election.

Well if you've noticed them it means they're not that good, are they....... :eusa_whistle:

As I said, they don't care. They know they can function unfettered. Pretty much both mainstream political parties want to continue military occupation in the middle east as it is. And they know it.

All they have to do is sit by and cheerlead and assume the professional victim role. If you say anything about it or even dare put America first, you're called an antisemite and very likely thread banned while they get to continue on with their propaganda campaign.

Last edited:
Your post and opinions seem to me to be antisemitic as well as unsubstantiated by evidence and examples.

Of course they seem antisemitic to you. That's the first thing that always gets tossed out there. Calling anyone who speaks up an antisemite is a main aspect of the charade. Go fuck yourself, I don't care about your feels or your 'seems.'

As far as substantiating anything, all anyone has to do is read the steady flow of propaganda they stream around here. It's nonstop.

If you didn't care you wouldn't tell me to go fuck myself. I oppose the Israel's land grab, and today the Sect. of State's declaration that this land grab is legal, changing four decades of US Policy.

Well if you've noticed them it means they're not that good, are they....... :eusa_whistle:

As I said, they don't care. They know they can function unfettered. Pretty much both mainstream political parties want to continue military occupation in the middle east.

All they have to do is sit by and cheerlead and assume the professional victim role.
As long as it works. Maybe I can become a professional whinner and complain about the "military occupation" of America.......... :eusa_whistle:

iu

If you didn't care you wouldn't tell me to go fuck myself. I oppose the Israel's land grab, and today the Sect. of State's declaration that this land grab is legal, changing four decades of US Policy.

I don't care about their land grab. It's none of my business. Nor is it the business of the United States.

What I do care about are unfettered propaganda campaigns that go on right under our noses in order to promote the idea to the American electorate that we should be involved. Propaganda campaigns that do not in any way serve our own interests as American citizens. It costs American lives. It costs taxpayer money that taxpayers simply do not have.

Last edited:
Why are they being tolerated? Look, it's all fine and dandy to be hands off and not want to moderate people for their opinions. But is there no sense of patriotic duty to oppose foreign attempts to influence our people through propaganda, to foreign benefit?
I believe that is the duty of the reader to determine whether or not something is 'propaganda'. Information is like anything else you put into your body...buyer beware!

That being said...USMB is not ground zero for the Russians..or anyone else..for that matter. Facebook....Twitter....Instagram....Google...the major efforts are directed at the big platforms. A bunch of grumpy Boomers of either political persuasion--merit minimal effort.
190729-Poulsen-Russian-troll-facebook-tease_tosej2

Do you know facebook? There is no Putin spamming your facebook. If you are in a pro-russian facebook group, you will see pro-russian stuff posted.
If you are in a contra-russia group, you encounter no pro-russian stuff.
In truth..I have no face book account..not seeing the need. But..as I understand it--it is in the creation of these groups that the disinformation is promulgated. A large Pro-Trump group will be targeted with certain distorted facts..while an anti-Trump group will get different distorted facts.

This spills into the RW on occasion...like the anti-immigrant group founded near me..that turned out to be a Russian agitprop op.

UPDATE: Locals react to reported Russian meddling in Twin Falls anti-refugee Facebook rally

Exclusive: Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-Immigrant Rallies on U.S. Soil

How Russia Sent a Small Idaho Town Into a Fake News Tailspin: NBC Left Field | After Truth

People get caught up in thinking that the Russians play favorites..when their goals are are to divide us..to their benefit.

Last edited:
0ne poster has made the same statement tens of thousands of times over, and he certainly isn't a righty.

how many times do we need to read "conservatives are racist bigots", anyway? I ran out of patience after the first 20000, myself.

Partisans of low IQ think Russian meddling only affects one side and so only accuse those with opposing views. Those with average intelligence or greater understand that they seek to divide and so pose as both.

Last edited:
Here - Inside Israel’s million dollar troll army - June 2019 report.

Snip (It's a long report)...

Act.IL says it has offices in three countries and an online army of more than 15,000.
In its annual report, from January, Act.IL says its goal is to “influence foreign publics” and “battle” BDS – the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement for Palestinian rights.

Through its app, Act.IL issues “missions” to this troll army in exchange for “cool prizes” and scholarships.
The app directs comments towards news websites in support of Israeli wars and racism, while attacking Palestinians and solidarity campaigners. The leaked report claims Act.IL’s app completes 1,580 such missions every week.

As well as its Israeli headquarters, the report lists seven offices – its “media rooms.” These are mainly in the US, with the report giving details from its New Jersey, Boston, Philadelphia, Orange County, New York, Florida and then-forthcoming Los Angeles offices.

The home page of Act.IL’s website sports a British flag alongside the Israeli and American, suggesting the organization has another “local media room” in Britain.

Act.IL claims to be a “grassroots” group, but has been described by one expert as “advanced digital political astroturfing” – in other words, a fake “grassroots” campaign. The app’s users pose as ordinary members of the public. But many of the most active users are actually Act.IL staff.

Describing its “no logo” strategy, the report says Act.IL wants to “reach audiences that aren’t necessarily pro-Israel.” Despite the report’s spin about “online community,” a freedom of information disclosure by an Israeli media watchdog has shown that Act.IL was actually founded partly thanks to Israeli government money.
Jews are the one group in the world capable of bringing together the far left and far right.

The idiot extremists both introduce their antisemitism into discussions that have nothing to do with Jews.

Last edited:

Your speculation does not disprove the allegation made in the OP. Propaganda is an effective tool, especially when the receptor has received daily BIG LIES across a large segment of mediums. AM radio has been an effective propaganda in the attacks on the MSM, as have the Sinclair and Murdoch properties.

You dont have to disprove allegations with no proof LOL. Lets see some "Russian intrusion". Otherwise I will consider this unproven and ridiculous...

so the intelligence agencies of the US government are lying wen they tell us they have evidence of russian trolls and bots infiltrating the whole world?

you truly believe the russians would never do such a thing?

sorry....

only an idiot or a troll would ever say that.

You are either an idiot or a liar. The post I responded to the claim there has been a "russian intrusion" into USMB. I ask where is it. So what part of the question confused you?
Idiot OR liar?

there seems to be no end to the number of posters here who excell at both duties simultaneously.

Just because other posters don't agree with you...….doesn't mean 'Russian intrusion'.

Good Lord, you people think Russia is to blame for everything 'gone wrong' in your world? If you can't nullify an election because of Russian interference, now you claim it on a fricken message board?????????

This thread needs moved to Conspiracy Theories if I ever saw one.
yep.

it's a call out thread to boot.

Seems to me that you too are a useful fool. You demand proof beyond a reasonable doubt that no poster on this message board is not an agent of Putin. That can't be provided, but the inference clear.

Seems to me you missed your dose of ritlan today. You cant answer my question because you didnt make the claim Stormy Daniels claims there has been an "intrusion" into USMB by those dastardly Russians. I asked him to point me to this intrusion. I never asked for proof of anything else. Thats a product of your fevered brain.
Its a simple request. Easily resolved. You dont need to get Mueller down here to do an investigation. Stormy Daniels can simply provide a link or snapshot to this "intrusion" he witnessed.
By the lack of response..and your nervousness...I already believe it was just part of one of yours and his psychotic episodes and perhaps you are feeling better now. Because I certainly am not getting what I asked for.

The Cyber attack is proven. The collusion with Americans has been proven in guilty pleas within the Trump Administration. The facts in the public domain are clear, Putin put in motion an attack on HRC which trump on national television asked of Russia, "if you are listening" to aid his election.

LOL. Wheres the proof then? And when? Im on this board every day and I haven't seen any Russian cyber attacks.
And he certainly didnt attack his own candidate Hillary Clinton who he was busy handing fake dossiers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back