Russia poised to become oil king With Saudi security risks, world has little choice

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NewGuy, Jun 4, 2004.

1. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    More in the article.

2. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    let's see...and we are not exploring off shore and anwar (sp) because why?

i know ther are some southpaws on the boards that can refresh our memory :)

Russia? for cyrin' out loud!

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,215
    All this happening could be turned into a golden opportunity here for America... to become the worlds leader in "VIABLE" alternative energy.

Make all these oil pumping nations DRINK their precious oil. It would be super sweet to be able to tell them "keep it, we don't need it".

"Now, do you need some FOOD"? America is still the bread basket of the world, and that is a major bargaining chip.

4. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Because the rocky tundra would be forever voilated and ruined for only 6 months worth of oil. :rolleyes: (sarcasm off)

5. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I've been an advocate of buying the vast majority of our oil from Russia since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The Bush I/Clinton adminstrations missed a almost unbelivable oppurtunity to help finance the construction of the petroleum infrastructure of Russia and former Soviet republics.

A mutual public works project to extend a automobile/railroad/oil pipe support structure across the Bearing strait would have led, and still could lead, to an unprecented and unshakable amount of co-operation between our two countries. Which would be good economically and strategically for both of us.

And finally, and most importantly, it would decrease our dependence on middle eastern oil. I'd much rather deal with the Russians.