Rush Makes His Case

Neither did I. That is what you call being sarcastic. However, I'm sure the Moveon crowd votes Democratic, don't they? Or do they belong to some third party I am unaware of? Your attempt to distance the Moveon crowd from the Dims was pathetic.

Ah, because they vote for Democrats they speak for Democrats? What a terrible standard.

Come again? That was a tad incoherent.
Come again? Your incoherency is spreading fast…

What a terribly silly way to dodge. No surprise I guess.

No, I think it is dangerous for U.S. Senators to attack a private citizen for speaking his piece.

Then I guess you thought it was dangerous for US Senators to attack Moveon for speaking, eh? No? Ah right because you are a partisan whore.

What they did was much more than just verbal criticism.

No. Actually all they did was verbal criticism.

And on top of it, to basically call him a liar after he and others provided the misinformed Senators (who were only listening to MediaSplatters biased report) with the real facts of the situation.

Lie and get called a liar. I know...the real world is tough ain't it.

That Senators would idiotically jump like lemmings on the chance to silence a political commentator is dangerous behavior and not worthy of their elected positions as U.S. Senators.

They did NOTHING to silence him. Speaking out against him and criticizing him is NOT silencing him. That you consider criticizing someone "dangerous behavior" is pathetic and sick.

They were acting more like fascists bent on distracting the public from their own political mistake (BetrayUs) and shutting down a radio talk show host who they perceive as being their enemy.

Ah yes...fascists by saying someone was wrong to do something. Again, they did NOTHING to try and shut down Rush.

Tell me, don't they have better things to do in the U.S. Senate?

They do. Just as they did when they condemned Moveon. Ah wait...but it was ok then, right?

it's all silly politics to be worried about any of these little issues a year out from the election. Moveon's General Petraeus ad AND Rush Limbaugh's phony soldier remark will both be so far deeply buried in the dust of history - so far back in the rear view mirror by then, they both will be completely inconsequential to the outcome.

I disagree. Certainly, it will make no difference to the likes of you or me, but - in my opinion - people like us are not at issue. Rather, it is that coveted block of undecideds who will be courted - whose perceptions of the respective parties will be considered so vital.

If I wished to convey, to this bloc, the perception that my opponents are fundamentally sneaky, deceitful, manipulative, and given to endless parsing in order to conceal the true, distasteful nature of their ideology, I would simply add this episode to the many more examples which are sure to follow in the next year. I believe the cumulative effect would make my point quite nicely.

But, we shall see.

I disagree. Certainly, it will make no difference to the likes of you or me, but - in my opinion - people like us are not at issue. Rather, it is that coveted block of undecideds who will be courted - whose perceptions of the respective parties will be considered so vital.

If I wished to convey, to this bloc, the perception that my opponents are fundamentally sneaky, deceitful, manipulative, and given to endless parsing in order to conceal the true, distasteful nature of their ideology, I would simply add this episode to the many more examples which are sure to follow in the next year. I believe the cumulative effect would make my point quite nicely.

But, we shall see.

So you think the undecided will judge on Rush Limbaugh and Moveon as opposed to Foley, Haggart, Craig, WoT, Iraq war, Amnesty act, etc, etc? By the way..if your election strategy is based on things which you assume will happen in the future, the Democrats can only hope people like you are running the Republican campaign.

So you think the undecided will judge on Rush Limbaugh and Moveon as opposed to Foley, Haggart, Craig, WoT, Iraq war, Amnesty act, etc, etc?

I don't know. I guess we'll see.

Larkinn said:
By the way..if your election strategy is based on things which you assume will happen in the future, the Democrats can only hope people like you are running the Republican campaign.

One can make reasonable assumptions based on observable fact. The Democrats will continue to behave like Democrats; they have the distinct advantage of knowing who they are, and have been for decades.

Which Republican Party will show up is anybody's guess, at this point.

So you think the undecided will judge on Rush Limbaugh and Moveon as opposed to* Foley, Haggart, Craig, WoT, Iraq war, Amnesty act, etc, etc?

It's kind of interesting, though, that you appear to be chalking up Rush Limbaugh and MoveOn in the win column for Republicans, in the perception game. I believe you have - perhaps unwittingly - made a rather astute observation, and I wholeheartedly agree.

* - emphasis mine.

Id love to meet you so that you could try.

Indeed, way to show your passive aggressive side. I bet your vagina has a HUGE list of reasons to ignore people that can argue circles around you. That thing is like your third carry on luggage space for planes, trains and the occasional Navy shore leave special at Motel 6, eh?

you would not survive one minute, you mouth breather.
I will place you on ignore because you offer nothing to a debate, you simply spew out personal attacks because you know you can NOT debate effectively.
You are yet another waste of flesh quivering before an intellectual giant that intimidates you.
Oh, and stop sending me pm's, I do not wish to converse with your type.

Roomy, just place shogun on ignore, he is not worth the effort.
He has repeatedly shown everyone he is nothing more than a spineless coward with kindergarten level comebacks.

HA!

The guy trying to flex his NET MUSCLES is BALLING about kindergarten level comebacks!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yea, Roomy, put me on ignore so you can chat with an "INTELLECTUAL GIANT" like RWS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

He might make you fight if this is your first time at Internet Fight Club though.. It's where all the tough guys go to be tough.

I haven't sent you a single PM... you can validate that with the Site Mod at your earliest convenience... or when your mom stops swallowing my cock long enough to give you permission.

Indeed, it's probably not true that it takes a pussy to be brave enough talk shit and run like a little fawn behind the legs of the ignore button when it comes back atcha...

Hell, are you flexing by now? I can feel the keyboard TREMBLE. It's QUAKING with fear, lemme tellya!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

FLEX, RWS, FLEX! Grrrrrrrr!
thug_life.jpg

I would love to meet so i could smack sense into you.
But then again, you're not worth my time or effort. So instead, I'll put your ignorant,rambling, sorry ass on ignore.
btw, leave the big words like sebaceous to adults.

One down, how many more will fall?

ethug.jpg

:rofl:

I haven't sent you a single PM... you can validate that with the Site Mod at your earliest convenience... or when your mom stops swallowing my cock long enough to give you permission.

Gunny, can you ban Shogun for this immaturity?

Yes, ban me for my sarcasm and keep around the guy using physical threats online.

It's kind of interesting, though, that you appear to be chalking up Rush Limbaugh and MoveOn in the win column for Republicans, in the perception game. I believe you have - perhaps unwittingly - made a rather astute observation, and I wholeheartedly agree.

* - emphasis mine.

I was saying that even if your assumptions are true, which there is no reason to believe they are, they won't exactly be major voting issues.

Yes, ban me for my sarcasm and keep around the guy using physical threats online.

As I told my boys, you should never hit another person. But if you can't control your mouth, you'll probably get hit. A lot.

As I told my boys, you should never hit another person. But if you can't control your mouth, you'll probably get hit. A lot.

I suspect shogun got hit daily in high school for running his mouth.

back to topic, by now most realize that Rush did not besmirch soldiers, it was just a smear campaign by the far left because they have nothing else in their arsenal.

Try not to validate it with your actions, then, if that's how you feel. See if you can suppress your inner Democrat.

As you are talking about public actions which influence a great deal of people, and I have no face in the public sphere, its irrelevant. And really...those who think that Republicans or Democrats correlate to liars/sleaziness/bad people, etc have a terribly ill informed and immature view of the world.

musicman said:
Try not to validate it with your actions, then, if that's how you feel. See if you can suppress your inner Democrat.

As you are talking about public actions which influence a great deal of people, and I have no face in the public sphere, its irrelevant. And really...those who think that Republicans or Democrats correlate to liars/sleaziness/bad people, etc have a terribly ill informed and immature view of the world.

Ah - I'm to take that as a, "no", then?

Forum List

Back