Vet cuts down Mexican Flag

Wanna bet he is arrested and charged with committing a crime with a deadly weapon? And a hate crime? Probably conveying a threat and theft as well.

(Shakes his head) The old man with the beard was a silly reactionary unthinking bully. He simply should have asked the storeowner to put the American flag above the American flag or he would call the police. That is probably all that it would have taken. Now that the creep took his American flag, the storeowner should notify authorities of the theft. I don’t know what the penalty is for committing the heinous crime of flying another flag above the American flag. He would have probably received his American flag after he pays a fine. Theft, on the other hand, might come with a stiffer penalty.

Just saw the footage on the news. You can say what you want about the vet, it's a freakin' disgrace that anyone would, or be allowed to fly the US flag below a foreign flag in this nation. Matter of fact, I'm sure it's illegal. Going to have to check that out.

I will personally call the police station of that city, every day if that happens, and every politician in the city to tell them all what disgraces they are!

Wanna bet he is arrested and charged with committing a crime with a deadly weapon? And a hate crime? Probably conveying a threat and theft as well.

I wonder if this guy walks along the beginning of parades and kicks every person who doesn't get off their ass as the color guard leading the parade marches by?

Wonder if he took a knife to the Whitehouse to "fight" this abuse?
bush911.jpg

Wonder if he attacked this guy using the Flag as a scratch pad to sign an autograph?
bushflag.jpg

And, as a note, the newscaster who called the particular display of the Flag flying below another country's flag "illegal" ("which is, in fact, illegal") is wrong. The Flag Code of the U.S. provides only a guide to be followed on a voluntary basis.

Theft, on the other hand, is illegal.

I've seen the American Flag disrespected in so many ways, as often by those who may even be trying to honor her as those who are just ignorant of how to honor her, that I know this guy could have a full-time job going around correcting and stealing all the dishonored flags... wonder why he picked this particular day to go psycho?

Just saw the footage on the news. You can say what you want about the vet, it's a freakin' disgrace that anyone would, or be allowed to fly the US flag below a foreign flag in this nation. Matter of fact, I'm sure it's illegal. Going to have to check that out.

Sorry Gunny, not illegal.

But, luckily for all of us, Old Glory is much stronger than anyone who might accidentally or purposely disgrace her. No shop owner flying it under another country's flag will ever be able to damage her honor which was purchased with the blood of hundreds of thousands of American servicemen and women who have died for her. And, anyone who thinks some law has more sway than that blood is not only delusional but contemptible.

I wonder if this guy walks along the beginning of parades and kicks every person who doesn't get off their ass as the color guard leading the parade marches by?

Wonder if he took a knife to the Whitehouse to "fight" this abuse?
bush911.jpg

Wonder if he attacked this guy using the Flag as a scratch pad to sign an autograph?
bushflag.jpg

And, as a note, the newscaster who called the particular display of the Flag flying below another country's flag "illegal" ("which is, in fact, illegal") is wrong. The Flag Code of the U.S. provides only a guide to be followed on a voluntary basis.

Theft, on the other hand, is illegal.

I've seen the American Flag disrespected in so many ways, as often by those who may even be trying to honor her as those who are just ignorant of how to honor her, that I know this guy could have a full-time job going around correcting and stealing all the dishonored flags... wonder why he picked this particular day to go psycho?

You call that vet "psycho"? Then you're an idiot.

Deliberately flying Old Glory beneath a foreign flag is an OUTRAEGEOUS sign of disrespect that should never be tolerated anywhere in the USA. Give that vet THREE CHEERS...he is someone who knows how to fight for our country.

Justifying such an in-your-face treasonous action by saying others (questionably) disrepect the flag in numerous other ways is an IDIOT statement and it is pissy people like you pointing out detailed discrepancies and legal loopholes who would rather see the vet arrested and do or say nothing in his defense...you are among those foolish COWARDS who are going to just stand by and enable and allow the deterioration and destruction of America.

Is today the "particular day" you decided to become an enemy of our country or is this nancy bullshit of yours just par for the course for you anti-American liberals?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Deliberately flying Old Glory beneath a foreign flag is an OUTRAEGEOUS sign of disrespect that should never be tolerated anywhere in the USA. Give that vet THREE CHEERS...he is someone who knows how to fight for our country.

Justifying such an in-your-face treasonous action by saying others (questionably) disrepect the flag in numerous other ways is an IDIOT statement and it is pissy people like you pointing out detailed discrepancies and legal loopholes who would rather see the vet arrested and do or say nothing in his defense...you are among those foolish COWARDS who are going to just stand by and enable and allow the deterioration and destruction of America.

Is today the "particular day" you decided to become an enemy of our country or is this nancy bullshit of yours just par for the course for you anti-American liberals?

I can understand how angry the vet might be at the storeowner. Yet, the vet still acted like an uncouth jerk. He showed no tact or class. He could have simply, politely, asked the storeowner to put the American flag above the Mexican flag, since he is in America. Instead, he seemingly felt the need to put on some kind of violet show for people.

How do you know that the storeowner did this deliberately? Perhaps he though that it didn’t make a difference. Perhaps he was not thinking. Perhaps he did not do it intentionally. Instead of trying to communicate, reason with, and understand the storeowner, this bully vet marched right up and cut the flag down. He was a creep.

Justifying such an in-your-face treasonous action by saying others (questionably) disrepect the flag in numerous other ways is an IDIOT statement

Just because you are too stupid or too unobservant of this truth does not make the statement idiotic. I want to know why this guy suddenly went over the edge due to THIS particular affront to the flag. Guy's seriously off his rocker... no doubt. He should seek counseling at his nearest VA... although it'd take almost a year to get any services...

and it is pissy people like you pointing out detailed discrepancies and legal loopholes who would rather see the vet arrested and do or say nothing in his defense...you are among those foolish COWARDS who are going to just stand by and enable and allow the deterioration and destruction of America.

You know what... as a guy who has served his country for the past 20 year in the same Army as this guy you're praising... uh, fuck you. Does this guy really think he honors Old Glory by stealing her from someone who disrespects her? She's strong... she can handle many disgraces and still be the symbol of the greatest country in the world... she doesn't need some out-of-control veteran with a chip on his shoulder to come running to her aid. Really... seizure of personal property is anathema to what she stands for.

You can shout your demagoguing slogans all you want... doesn't change the facts or that Old Glory doesn't need this guy and his knife committing crimes in her name.

Never fails... guys like ScreamingEagle want to cry about "The Rule of Law" out of one side of their mouth and then praise those who break it to ostensibly "uphold" their ideology. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

Just because you are too stupid or too unobservant of this truth does not make the statement idiotic. I want to know why this guy suddenly went over the edge due to THIS particular affront to the flag. Guy's seriously off his rocker... no doubt. He should seek counseling at his nearest VA... although it'd take almost a year to get any services...

You know what... as a guy who has served his country for the past 20 year in the same Army as this guy you're praising... uh, fuck you. Does this guy really think he honors Old Glory by stealing her from someone who disrespects her? She's strong... she can handle many disgraces and still be the symbol of the greatest country in the world... she doesn't need some out-of-control veteran with a chip on his shoulder to come running to her aid. Really... seizure of personal property is anathema to what she stands for.

You can shout your demagoguing slogans all you want... doesn't change the facts or that Old Glory doesn't need this guy and his knife committing crimes in her name.

Never fails... guys like ScreamingEagle want to cry about "The Rule of Law" out of one side of their mouth and then praise those who break it to ostensibly "uphold" their ideology. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

I disagree. I would not go so far as to call him a psycho – a jerk – but not a psycho.

Did you see the look in his eyes?

Yeah, but I think it was an act. He just didn’t want anyone to try to take the American flag that he took away. If he didn’t act crazy and show off his knife, perhaps the people standing around would have tried to get the flag back for the storeowner.

Yeah, but I think it was an act. He just didn’t want anyone to try to take the American flag that he took away. If he didn’t act crazy and show off his knife, perhaps the people standing around would have tried to get the flag back for the storeowner.

As someone who loves this country I can say that I would go up to the guy, take the flag from his hands, and return it to its owner if the guy didn't have a knife. Not only did he steal the American flag from its owner but he threw the Mexican flag on the ground which is an affront to the country of Mexico. Yet, I am sure this guy would have been outraged if someone threw the American flag on the ground in Mexico. He showed total and complete disrespect for people who do not agree with him about the display of the U.S. flag. The fact that the U.S. Code states, "no other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof...." does not make the act illegal. But theft is illegal and threatening people with having to fight him to get their property back is also a crime.

The picture of Bush signing a flag is just as offensive, and disrespectful and is also a violation of the same NON-BINDING code that this man took issue with and it states, "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." So the next time this whackjob sees Bush signing the flag he should make sure to take his knife and go get it from him and watch as the secret service agents tackle his psychotic ass to the ground. May God bless America and protect us from nuts like this.

Forum List

Back