Rush Lying ... Again

Doesn't matter. His name is Arabian and African.

The countries change their borders and their affiliations all the time. THat's why it's such a wonderful, safe place to live.

"Question: What does Barack Obama's name mean?

Email rumors have charged that U.S. Presidential hopeful Barack Obama is a practing Muslim, a rumor that has since been proven false. However, Senator Obama does have an unusual name which reflects his African Muslim heritage.

Answer: Senator Obama was reportedly named after his father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr.

The Senator's first name, Barack, is a Swahili name that has its origins in the Arabic language. The original Arabic root of the name (B-R-K) means "blessed." In Arabic, the root word is used in many other phrases to denote blessings and to describe people who are blessed:
Mabruk! = "Congratulations!"
Barakallah feek = "May God bless you"
Barakah = blessings from God (feminine version of the name)
Senator Obama's middle name is Hussein, which was his grandfather's first name. The name, of Arabic origin, means "good" or "handsome one." It is common in Muslim cultures for children (both boys and girls) to have a middle name which directly connects them to their father or grandfather.Senator Obama's surname is not uncommon among the Luo tribe, one of the three largest ethnic groups in Kenya. They speak the Dhoulou language.

Mainly, it's a Muslim thing, though.
What does Barack Obama's name mean?

The whole argument is moot, the ONLY American name is actually 'Sue'. All our other names come from other countries. 'John' is actually Roman, so does that mean McCain is a Roman dictator?

Doesn't matter. His name is Arabian and African.

you honestly believe kenya is an arab country? or cause the root of his name is in the arabic, which most of swahili is due to the trading that happened on the coast, that he is from an arabic country? youre an idiot allie.

No, I believe his name is Arabic, and I believe he has, as most African Muslims do, Arab ancestry somewhere along the line.

No biggie, you guys are the ones hung up on it. His father may have been Kenyan, but people do travel, dear.

What a bunch of morons.

Yes, you are, Ali. Not all Africans are Arabs and not all Arabs consider themselves to be Africans. His father was a Kenyan.

He was born in Hawaia which is an American State.

But he is evil because his name is not Jones, McMumbles or Smith. Dirty little Hussein. He must be evil because of his middle name. Let's send them all back where they came from.

By the way, what nationality is Ali?:eusa_shifty:

No, I believe his name is Arabic, and I believe he has, as most African Muslims do, Arab ancestry somewhere along the line.

No biggie, you guys are the ones hung up on it. His father may have been Kenyan, but people do travel, dear.

So then John McCain IS a Roman-Irish dictator drunk.

Most of America are descendants of slave traders. My family (both sides) came in after the American slave trade mistakes but even then, England had slave trade to, as did Germany.

Hell, every one of us are decendants of slave traders, and probably slaves, too.

Slavery was common in pretty much every culture until about the 18th century.

Well Irish anyway.
I'm English.
You're whatever you are.

Like I said, it's the libs who freak out about ethnicity. You guys hate non-whites so much that you go ballistic if even the suspicion of what you apparently think is tainted blood is whispered against your darling.

Hell, every one of us are decendants of slave traders, and probably slaves, too.

Slavery was common in pretty much every culture until about the 18th century.

Purty much. Even black Americans are not immune, they to are descendants of slave traders.

sssssssssssshhhhhh, don't interfere with their faux outrage, you know whiny little liberals have a handwritten hypocritical playbood.

:booze:

sorry...is a rightie really claiming we're displaying faux outrage? after all the faux outrage I've seen here in the last 3 weeks? you've got to be fucking kidding me! :rofl:

Well Irish anyway.
I'm English.
You're whatever you are.

Like I said, it's the libs who freak out about ethnicity. You guys hate non-whites so much that you go ballistic if even the suspicion of what you apparently think is tainted blood is whispered against your darling.

*grins REALLY wide* Look back on where English names come from.

so youre admitting rush was wrong about kenya being an arab nation?

my last name is swiss. guess that means i'm from switzerland, not america :cuckoo:

No, they really are upset that their guy might not just be black...but ARAB as well!

HORRORS!

Why on earth would I care?

I'm not a racist, after all. That's your claim to fame, apparently.

Hey Allie, I wanted to ask you about Palin charging women for their rape test kits? They bill the victims insurance. If she has a deductable or co-pay, that means basically Palin was charging the women for being raped.

She's so anti woman it is crazy.

Consider my grandma uses up all her medicare bills for the year by November. If she gets raped in December, Palin will charge her for being raped.

And Alaska, particularly Palin's town, has high numbers on rape. She is pathetic. Women aren't this stupid. Just allie.

HOLY SHIT!!

did you know Palin is a FRENCH last name? the French HATE americans! no wonder Todd Palin wanted to separate from the US! ZZZOMMGG!!

Palin Name Meaning and History
1. Welsh: Anglicized form of the Welsh patronymic ap Heilyn ‘son of Heilyn’, which is probably a derivative of a word meaning ‘to serve at table’.
2. English: habitational name from Palling in Norfolk or Poling in Sussex. These were named in Old English with the personal names Pælli and Pal respectively, + -ingas ‘followers of’, ‘dependants of’.
3. French: unexplained.

Palin Name Meaning and Origin - Ancestry.com

I would like to point out at this time that KK thinks that the "Arab" is an insult of the first order, and likes to use the word as an insult.

I can't say how I know this, because that would be against the rules.

I can say this...go ahead, KK, and post a quote from me where I've badmouthed anyone for having Arab ancestry.

You can't, because I never have. And no amount of PMs or neg reps is going to change that.

Forum List

Back