Rush Limbaugh's 'Slut' Comment Controversy Proves It Has Staying Power

And yet was Rush's offensive analogy, for which he apologized, any worse than this? And so far as I know there has been no similar outrage, no calls for sponsors to ditch Schultz, and no apology has been forthcoming:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HciWeyRkwmc]Ed Schultz calls Laura Ingraham a "Slut" - YouTube[/ame]

So we would sort of have to see that there is a huge double standard, yes?

I have no problem with criticizing Rush's choice of words. I was just as dismayed with that as the next person. But I have a HUGE problem with self-righteous leftwing groups organizing to threaten sponsors who refuse to ditch Rush. That is unAmerican and a dangerous thing if it isn't as criticized as Limbaugh himself has been.

Last edited:
I think it would be more accurate to say the Limbaugh slut comment has staying power with MSNBC and the far left everyone else not so much.

You are probably correct. Right-wing media and Fox are patently embarrassed by the Oxycodone Head's irresponsible and boorish comments.
ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN have all moved past it the only ones still trying to play it up are the far left wing nuts who are just preaching to the choir.

I think it would be more accurate to say the Limbaugh slut comment has staying power with MSNBC and the far left everyone else not so much.

You are probably correct. Right-wing media and Fox are patently embarrassed by the Oxycodone Head's irresponsible and boorish comments.
ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN have all moved past it the only ones still trying to play it up are the far left wing nuts who are just preaching to the choir.

And you think the media is liberal?

And yet was Rush's offensive analogy, for which he apologized, any worse than this? And so far as I know there has been no similar outrage, no calls for sponsors to ditch Schultz, and no apology has been forthcoming:

Ed Schultz calls Laura Ingraham a "Slut" - YouTube

So we would sort of have to see that there is a huge double standard, yes?

I have no problem with criticizing Rush's choice of words. I was just as dismayed with that as the next person. But I have a HUGE problem with self-righteous leftwing groups organizing to threaten sponsors who refuse to ditch Rush. That is unAmerican and a dangerous thing if it isn't as criticized as Limbaugh himself has been.

Ed did apologize and besides, he isn't the mouthpiece for the left like rush is for the right.

Google Limbaugh's Unrivaled Influence On Republican Politics

I'd say its pretty big news when the spokesman for the GOP says women are sluts.

There is no left equivilant to Rush

Limbaugh's Unrivaled Influence On Republican Politics | Media Matters for America

Limbaugh's Unrivaled Influence On Republican Politics
The spokesman for the GOP wow could have come up with a more un orginal talking point.

Some segments of it are yes just as some are conservative MSNBC clearly is liberal and they are main one still pushing the Rush story.

I'd say its pretty big news when the spokesman for the GOP says women are sluts.

Limbaugh's Unrivaled Influence On Republican Politics | Media Matters for America

It should be even bigger news when the Left mischaracterizes what Rush said as you have done here. And most especially the news should highlight those who use Media Matters as their source so we will know not to believe anything they say.

It should be even bigger news when the Left mischaracterizes what Rush said as you have done here. And most especially the news should highlight those who use Media Matters as their source so we will know not to believe anything they say.

And I'll bet a majority of those here commenting on this and using Media Matters as a source have never tuned in or bothered to look up the proper context.

Some segments of it are yes just as some are conservative MSNBC clearly is liberal and they are main one still pushing the Rush story.

Even MSNBC is corporate owned and controlled by a media giant and their commentators can only go so far. That's why Donahue was fired. He spoke out against the Iraq war. And that is why Olbermann was fired. MSNBC won't hire Randi Rhodes or Thom Hartmann without sensoring their shows. They refuse to be sensored. Ed doesn't mind.

You can't attack the corporations that advertise with you. This is why we need some sort of fairness doctrine to come back to the media. Clinton went along with the GOP on deregulating the media and now 7 corporations own all it all.

I don't want to bore you, but this is just another industry the GOP have destroyed. There used to be local radio stations and with them came jobs. Now, Rush is broadcast all around the country, pushing the right wing radical agenda.

All the left has is MSNBC and Air America Radio. And again, even MSNBC can go only so far.

lol, MediaMatters...what a friggen JOKE..
How bout that Bill Maher calling a former Vice Presidential candidate a Cxxt? where's mediamatter on that?
people are yawning at you all cause they see you want to talk about ANYTHING except the state of our country with Obama at the helm...
WON'T WORK:lol:

And Yahoo news has become a JOKE too.

How bout that Bill Maher calling a former Vice Presidential candidate a Cxxt? where's mediamatter on that?
people are yawning at you all cause they see you want to talk about ANYTHING except the state of our country with Obama at the helm...

Unfortunately? Many sources of 'news' are jokes and tainted. Up to us to investigate on our own...

Unfortunately? Many sources of 'news' are jokes and tainted. Up to us to investigate on our own...

the Lamestream media has become a enemy to us..Like this dumb article by Yahoo news

the Lamestream media has become a enemy to us..Like this dumb article by Yahoo news
Ever wonder why the left wants control over the Internet? Fairness Doctrine?

*Control*...

Even MSNBC is corporate owned and controlled by a media giant and their commentators can only go so far. That's why Donahue was fired. He spoke out against the Iraq war. And that is why Olbermann was fired. MSNBC won't hire Randi Rhodes or Thom Hartmann without sensoring their shows. They refuse to be sensored. Ed doesn't mind.

You can't attack the corporations that advertise with you. This is why we need some sort of fairness doctrine to come back to the media. Clinton went along with the GOP on deregulating the media and now 7 corporations own all it all.

I don't want to bore you, but this is just another industry the GOP have destroyed. There used to be local radio stations and with them came jobs. Now, Rush is broadcast all around the country, pushing the right wing radical agenda.

All the left has is MSNBC and Air America Radio. And again, even MSNBC can go only so far.
So your basically honked off because in a free market liberal talk radio didn't make it but Rush and conservative talk radio did so you want the government to bring in a fairness doctrine to do for liberals what they could not do on their own in talk radio compete.

Forum List

Back