Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney is not a Conservative.

To put it in the proper perspective, I think Rush is reflective of his audience. He remembers he endorsed Romney in 2008, and no one was really biting. He knows there is deep mistrust of the guy.

So it's really just as much about them influencing his views as him influencing theirs...

Now, eventually, if Romney becomes the nominee, Limbaugh will get behind him before Obama takes the guy out to the woodshed. And then he'll have the fallback position of saying, "This was the defeat of a man, not an idealogy"

I don't care what Rush thinks- Romney is the best candidate and he is conservative on the issues that I care about - fiscal policy and immigration.

If Romney is elected, the immigration 'problem' will change no faster than it has during the last 10 administrations.

The words are nice, and they get your attention, but it doesn't matter which one of these guys gets elected, or if Obama gets re-elected. NOTHING will happen.

What is your point? Why would the left see this as something to cheer or find comfort in?
Romney isn't a conservative. No shit. This is the man that was pro-choice, anti-second amendment and laid the ground work for what is now Obama Care.

Why do you think that the Republican base is so against his campaign?

How is this relevant at all?

Mainly because I want Obama to win a second term.

The more disarray in the current GOP the better.

They've gone off the deep end.

Honestly? I don't think any of them are electable.

But I could be wrong. :dunno:

And Obama is???

I get a kick out of you people talking about the GOP candidates like they're screwed up when all your oxygen thief President does is screw everything up himself.

It's pretty funny when you think about it.

Mainly because I want Obama to win a second term.

The more disarray in the current GOP the better.

They've gone off the deep end.

And Obama is???

I get a kick out of you people talking about the GOP candidates like they're screwed up when all your oxygen thief President does is screw everything up himself.

Oxygen thief beats every single GOP candidate in the polls so far. :dunno:

FYI, I'm disappointed with Obama. A lot of lefties are. But not for reasons that would prompt them to run out and vote for a Republican.

Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney is not a Conservative.

That's true. But who the hell else you got?

Romney isn't a conservative.
Half correct. He is a FISCAL conservative and a social moderate. I like that combination.....

Except he's not.

He created a huge new government program, the model for ObamaCare, that increased Massachusett's liabities and expenses. That's not a "conservative". That's a statist.

I don't care what Rush thinks- Romney is the best candidate and he is conservative on the issues that I care about - fiscal policy and immigration.

If Republicans were honest about immigration, they'd announce. "We want to maintain illegals as a powerless worker class to keep the rest of you in line AND make huge profits for rich people" Because that's really their policy.

Romney can go on and on about how horrible it was that Rick Perry gave the kids of illegals a chance to go to college. (OOOOH the horror of it all. How dare they get good grades and work hard!) But at the end of the day, he was happy to hire illegals to do yardwork on one of his four mansions.

Mud, as usual, has nothing to offer. Only fools to the Hard Right or the Left ignore venues with which they often disagree. Only a fool does that. Mud is a fool, we know. Gramps is getting there apparently.

I am not sure this is what you mean to say, but I have to tell you that there are some rags that I automatically suspect from the get go. To name a few from the left: Huffpost and TPM from the right: Drudge and Breitbart. When I see their banners, I immediately suspect any information that follows. I chalk that up to experience.

There are "trustworthy" sources from both sides CNN and NPR from the left and I have to say for the most part Fox on the right.

And for the record, being trustworthy does not mean not being slanted. Being trustworthy simply means that they try to present honest information, even though slanted, rather than deliberately deceiving information.

Immie

And Obama is???

Oxygen thief beats every single GOP candidate in the polls so far. :dunno:

FYI, I'm disappointed with Obama. A lot of lefties are. But not for reasons that would prompt them to run out and vote for a Republican.

And the same thing can be said about most people on the right. They are not fans of Romney but when it comes to selecting Obama over Romney, you can be assured most of them will choose Romney.

The deciding factor will once again be those moderates and independents who will have to decide whether they want to give President Obama a second chance at screwing up the country or want to try another failed Republican.

Edit: Let me rephrase that part about Obama. The moderates and independents will have to decide if they want to let President Obama go on screwing up the country or try another failed Republican.

Immie

Last edited:
Romney isn't a conservative.
Half correct. He is a FISCAL conservative and a social moderate. I like that combination.....

Except he's not.

He created a huge new government program, the model for ObamaCare, that increased Massachusett's liabities and expenses. That's not a "conservative". That's a statist.

If Republicans were honest about immigration, they'd announce. "We want to maintain illegals as a powerless worker class to keep the rest of you in line AND make huge profits for rich people" Because that's really their policy.

Romney can go on and on about how horrible it was that Rick Perry gave the kids of illegals a chance to go to college. (OOOOH the horror of it all. How dare they get good grades and work hard!) But at the end of the day, he was happy to hire illegals to do yardwork on one of his four mansions.

The Democratic Legislature shredded his bill as his bill had no resemblance whatsoever when sent to the Legislature. The conservative Heritage Foundation endorsed his original bill.
Romney vetoed over 800 bills that Legislature sent him and was over riden on many more.
He took office there with over a 2 billion deficit and left with a 2 billion surplus.

Your comment about illegal aliens is close but partisan. They are here because you and I demand them. Quit demanding them and they never come.

The Democratic Legislature shredded his bill as his bill had no resemblance whatsoever when sent to the Legislature. The conservative Heritage Foundation endorsed his original bill.

How did his bill differ from the reforms he signed into law?

Oh, BS. He got the bill he wanted, the one he sat down with Ted Kennedy and did a PowerPoint on. The one that made sure that big insurance got its payoffs.

To a degree, I feel kind of bad for him. It is a conservative plan, really. If you define "conservative" as working to make the haves have a little more. But then Obama plan looked the same, and the right turned on it.

Romney vetoed over 800 bills that Legislature sent him and was over riden on many more. He took office there with over a 2 billion deficit and left with a 2 billion surplus..

You mean he took office during a recession and left during an economic boom time nationally. Less bills paying out, more revenue coming in. I also understand the sun rose every morning during his governorship, but somehow I don't think he had much to do with it.

Your comment about illegal aliens is close but partisan. They are here because you and I demand them. Quit demanding them and they never come.

Never "demanded" them. There's not a job they are doing that Americans wouldn't be happy to do for a fair wage. The issue is, of course, fair wages. Sleazy operators who don't want to pay one, which is fair to the straight arrows who follow the law and pay a fair wage.

I'd have a simple enough solution. Go after the employers. If they are hiring illegals to make money, tke away their money.

First offence, $10,000 fine. You are put on a watch list for ICE, and are subject to inspections.

Second office, $100,000 fine, and you have to hang a sign in your lobby detailing your crime. Something like, "I hired an illegal alien, cheating an American out of a job. Please consider my sleazy business practices when doing business with me."

Third Offense, we take away your business and all assets.

Mud, as usual, has nothing to offer. Only fools to the Hard Right or the Left ignore venues with which they often disagree. Only a fool does that. Mud is a fool, we know. Gramps is getting there apparently.

I am not sure this is what you mean to say, but I have to tell you that there are some rags that I automatically suspect from the get go. To name a few from the left: Huffpost and TPM from the right: Drudge and Breitbart. When I see their banners, I immediately suspect any information that follows. I chalk that up to experience.

There are "trustworthy" sources from both sides CNN and NPR from the left and I have to say for the most part Fox on the right.

And for the record, being trustworthy does not mean not being slanted. Being trustworthy simply means that they try to present honest information, even though slanted, rather than deliberately deceiving information.

Immie

One can find a pearl in a silt basin, Immie, just takes sifting. I have no use for those on Left or Right that let others do their thinking for them, instead of getting in and sift themselves. You sift, I sift, many others do.

Mud and so many others here merely open their mouths for Left or Right fashioned media servings. Such as these who have the vote (OMG) don't have to think.

One can find a pearl in a silt basin, Immie, just takes sifting. I have no use for those on Left or Right that let others do their thinking for them, instead of getting in and sift themselves. You sift, I sift, many others do.

Mud and so many others here merely open their mouths for Left or Right fashioned media servings. Such as these who have the vote (OMG) don't have to think.

Let's add "Intellectually pretentious" to your list of character flaws, Jake The Fake...

Oh, BS. He got the bill he wanted, the one he sat down with Ted Kennedy and did a PowerPoint on. The one that made sure that big insurance got its payoffs.

To a degree, I feel kind of bad for him. It is a conservative plan, really. If you define "conservative" as working to make the haves have a little more. But then Obama plan looked the same, and the right turned on it.

Romney vetoed over 800 bills that Legislature sent him and was over riden on many more. He took office there with over a 2 billion deficit and left with a 2 billion surplus..

You mean he took office during a recession and left during an economic boom time nationally. Less bills paying out, more revenue coming in. I also understand the sun rose every morning during his governorship, but somehow I don't think he had much to do with it.

Never "demanded" them. There's not a job they are doing that Americans wouldn't be happy to do for a fair wage. The issue is, of course, fair wages. Sleazy operators who don't want to pay one, which is fair to the straight arrows who follow the law and pay a fair wage.

I'd have a simple enough solution. Go after the employers. If they are hiring illegals to make money, tke away their money.

First offence, $10,000 fine. You are put on a watch list for ICE, and are subject to inspections.

Second office, $100,000 fine, and you have to hang a sign in your lobby detailing your crime. Something like, "I hired an illegal alien, cheating an American out of a job. Please consider my sleazy business practices when doing business with me."

Third Offense, we take away your business and all assets.

Ted Kennedy has nothing to do with state politics.
FYI he is US Senator.
"fair wage"

Ted Kennedy has nothing to do with state politics.
FYI he is US Senator.
"fair wage"

Do you spend time practicing being dense or is it a natural ability?

Romney Called Ted Kennedy A 'Parent' Of Romneycare In 2006 | ThinkProgress
David Corn points to this video of Mitt Romney effusively praising the late Sen. Ted Kennedy for helping secure federal funding for Massachusetts’ health care reform law at its signing ceremony in 2006, even going so far as to call him a “parent” of reform. It’s “probably not what Romney wants GOP primary voters to have in mind when they enter a polling place or caucus meeting,” but it is a video Democrats will likely point to if Romney is the eventual nominee:

Also recall that Kennedy initially opposed the law’s central tenet — a requirement that everyone purchase health insurance. The mandate originated as a Republican idea and was heavily promoted by Romney as a “conservative solution” that would force people to take “personal responsibility” for the cost of coverage. As Kennedy explained in December 2005, “I’ve never been one for individual mandates in the past, but I do think that the way this has been proposed, in that everybody will do their part, that’s a compromise. I can buy into that.”
Oh, yeah, and he's dead, so don't refer to him in the present tense... dummy.

Maybe you should change your avi to Inspector Clouseau...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back