Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney is not a Conservative.

It's a shot at setting up the scapegoat. "The Left chose the GOP candidate in 2008!" Remember that? In order to make a scapegoat and play the victim card, Rush has to lay the ground work now.

Well yeah. Recently the GOP has become the party of the rootin' tootin' batshit crazies and Mitt Romney.

I don't know how anyone sees Bachmann, Santorum, Perry, Paul, Cain, or Gingrich as ready to lead the free world.

Quite frankly, Romney's a damn poor choice as well. Huntsman is the only guy with any real chops.

Just yesterday at the gym, I was talking to a couple of people, and we all wondered why it is that in a country of 300 + million people, the best the GOP can seem to put forward is a bunch of candidates who say crazy things all the time, and those candidates are far more popular (even if only one at a time) than the only two rational ones.

Romney's pushing warmed over Bush crapola..and Domestically Huntsman's not much different. But Huntsman actually knows a thing or two about diplomacy which puts him head and shoulders above the rest. But he's said some things in debates that just makes me wince. Like his treason charge against Perry. Ugh.

Well yeah. Recently the GOP has become the party of the rootin' tootin' batshit crazies and Mitt Romney.

I don't know how anyone sees Bachmann, Santorum, Perry, Paul, Cain, or Gingrich as ready to lead the free world.

Quite frankly, Romney's a damn poor choice as well. Huntsman is the only guy with any real chops.

No offense....but we couldnt see how anyone saw Obama as ready to lead the free world.
To this day, you can not tell me anything that he had in terms of experience that made him ready in your eyes.
For good or bad...you were sold on charisma, the words of a speech writer...and a vision.

He's very well liked outside this country..and is dealing very well in terms of overseas deals. And if you think America got Osama Bin Laden on it's lonesome..I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya. That was some great spook work and behind the scenes deal making going on there.

I did not address "after he was elected"....and did not address as to whether you were right or wrong....

To the contrary, I said "for good or bad"....

I you and many others saw him as able based on charisma, the words oif a speech writer and a vision.

SO to say the GOP candidates do not have the experience making them able is most definitely not the sound way to attack them.

What's especially odd about this, and an illustration of how our language is being abused, is the fact that, by any reasonable and usual definition of the word, Romney IS a conservative, and Limbaugh is NOT one.

Limbaugh is a radical. A radical, even a right-wing one, is by definition not a conservative.

that is a completely untrue unsubstantiated statement.

Rush is a conservative per the true meaning of conservatism. He is as far right as one can go, but by no means a radical.

Romney, on the other hand is more moderate...especially as it pertains to social issues.

Saying things that make you feel superior is no way to learn and understand the sentiments of those that think differently than you.

Unless, of course, you just prefer feeling superior and have no interest in understanding why others think differently.

Here's a question you may want to consider.

Can you trust a person who gets paid a HUGE sum of money to say something?

For example, think of all the young, hot, pop stars over the years who have gotten paid millions of dollars to make ads for Coke or Pepsi Does anyone REALLY believe all those pop stars when they praise those products? It's like Forrest Gump making ads for ping pong paddles.

Rush gets paid millions of dollars every year to churn the waters of political discontent. He knows what his audience wants. So does his employer, AND the 100's of radio stations that carry his show, AND the advertisers who pay for ads on his show solely because the ratings numbers prove that millions of people tune in to his show every week. Rush even admits that he's an entertainer.

So, you may just want to consider the possiblity that Rush is a little bit like a stripper. After all, just because a stripper entices her audience and plays up to the men, it doesn't mean that she's having a wonderful time or actually likes the guys leering at her. In other words, Rush could just be putting on a show without believing even half of the things he says. Face it, the guy is probably making over $500,000 a month for doing what he's doing. People have sold out for FAR less than that. Hell, witnesses can be bribed to lie on the witness stand for a couple of thousand dollars. Spinning a yarn on the radio doesn't rise to the level of perjury, and if you say things in just the right way, it isn't slander, either, especially when you say things about people who are public figures, and you can stand (hide) behind the 1st Amendment.

Personally, I think a lot of Rush's fans should consider the possiblity that Rush is entertaining them in much the way a magician entertains HIS audience. You just have to remember two things. It's not really magic; It's a trick.

Last edited:
What's especially odd about this, and an illustration of how our language is being abused, is the fact that, by any reasonable and usual definition of the word, Romney IS a conservative, and Limbaugh is NOT one.

Limbaugh is a radical. A radical, even a right-wing one, is by definition not a conservative.

Rush is a conservative per the true meaning of conservatism. He is as far right as one can go, but by no means a radical.

Romney, on the other hand is more moderate...especially as it pertains to social issues.

Saying things that make you feel superior is no way to learn and understand the sentiments of those that think differently than you.

Unless, of course, you just prefer feeling superior and have no interest in understanding why others think differently.

For example, think of all the young, hot, pop stars over the years who have gotten paid millions of dollars to make ads for Coke or Pepsi? Does anyone REALLY believe all those pop stars when they praise those products? It's like Forrest Gump making ads for ping pong paddles.

Rush gets paid millions of dollars every year to churn the waters of political discontent. He knows what his audience wants. So does his employers, AND the 100's of radio stations that carry his show, AND the advertisers who pay for ads on his show solely because the ratings numbers prove that millions of people tune in to his show every week. Rush even admits that he's an entertainer.

So, you may just want to consider the possiblity that Rush is a little bit like a stripper. After all, just because a stripper entices her audience and plays up to the men, it doesn't mean that she's having a wonderful time or actually likes the guys learing at her. In other words, Rush could just be putting on a show without believing even half of the things he says. Face it, the guy is probably making over $500,000 a month for doing what he's doing. People have sold out for FAR less than that. Hell, witnesses can be bribed to lie on the witness stand for a couple of thousand dollars. Spinning a yarn on the radio doesn't rise to the level of perjury, and if you say things in just the right way, it isn't slander, either, especially when you say things about public figures, and you can stand (hide) behind the 1st Amendment.

Personally, I think a lot of Rush's fans should consider the possiblity that Rush is entertaining them in much the way a magician entertains HIS audience. You just have to remember two things. It's not really magic; It's a trick.

I think you assumed two things that arent true.

1) That I listen to Rush regularly.
I dont. To the contrary, I listened to him maybe twice in my life on the radio...and of course, when he is speaking at a GOP function that is televised.

2) that I take his word as fact
I dont. To the contrary, I see him as an entertainer. One who offers his opinion. SOmetimes I agree with what he says, sometimes I disagree, and sometimes I need to do my own research to confirm or refute what he says.

SO that being said...all you said? Of course I know that. I am a sane, rational, open minded person....but yes, I am an evil devil in my bl;ood conservative.

Let me ask you this.....and yes, it is an exaggeration to make a point.

If last night you hgeard that Rush said that the sky was blue...and today I said the sky was blue...would you automatically assume I am regurgitating what Rush said?

For example, think of all the young, hot, pop stars over the years who have gotten paid millions of dollars to make ads for Coke or Pepsi? Does anyone REALLY believe all those pop stars when they praise those products? It's like Forrest Gump making ads for ping pong paddles.

Rush gets paid millions of dollars every year to churn the waters of political discontent. He knows what his audience wants. So does his employers, AND the 100's of radio stations that carry his show, AND the advertisers who pay for ads on his show solely because the ratings numbers prove that millions of people tune in to his show every week. Rush even admits that he's an entertainer.

So, you may just want to consider the possiblity that Rush is a little bit like a stripper. After all, just because a stripper entices her audience and plays up to the men, it doesn't mean that she's having a wonderful time or actually likes the guys learing at her. In other words, Rush could just be putting on a show without believing even half of the things he says. Face it, the guy is probably making over $500,000 a month for doing what he's doing. People have sold out for FAR less than that. Hell, witnesses can be bribed to lie on the witness stand for a couple of thousand dollars. Spinning a yarn on the radio doesn't rise to the level of perjury, and if you say things in just the right way, it isn't slander, either, especially when you say things about public figures, and you can stand (hide) behind the 1st Amendment.

I dont. To the contrary, I listened to him maybe twice in my life on the radio...and of course, when he is speaking at a GOP function that is televised.

I dont. To the contrary, I see him as an entertainer. One who offers his opinion. SOmetimes I agree with what he says, sometimes I disagree, and sometimes I need to do my own research to confirm or refute what he says.

SO that being said...all you said? Of course I know that. I am a sane, rational, open minded person....but yes, I am an evil devil in my bl;ood conservative.

If last night you hgeard that Rush said that the sky was blue...and today I said the sky was blue...would you automatically assume I am regurgitating what Rush said?

Saying the sky is blue is hardly either unique or controversial. Additionally, it's probably said by 10,000 people a day. For that reason, the answer to your question is no.

Saying the sky is blue is hardly either unique or controversial. Additionally, it's probably said by 10,000 people a day. For that reason, the answer to your question is no.

I said I was exaggerating to make a point.

So how about this...

If I said today that I saw Romney as a moderate....would yuou assume I was simply regurgitating what Rush said?

And by the way...I have been saying he is a moderate for 4 years now...since the primaries of 2007.

No offense....but we couldnt see how anyone saw Obama as ready to lead the free world.
To this day, you can not tell me anything that he had in terms of experience that made him ready in your eyes.
For good or bad...you were sold on charisma, the words of a speech writer...and a vision.

He's very well liked outside this country..and is dealing very well in terms of overseas deals. And if you think America got Osama Bin Laden on it's lonesome..I got a bridge in brooklyn to sell ya. That was some great spook work and behind the scenes deal making going on there.

I did not address "after he was elected"....and did not address as to whether you were right or wrong....

To the contrary, I said "for good or bad"....

I you and many others saw him as able based on charisma, the words oif a speech writer and a vision.

SO to say the GOP candidates do not have the experience making them able is most definitely not the sound way to attack them.

Seriously..I don't get you here.

President Obama's been extremely successful on several fronts. He staggered the hemorraging in Unemployment. He basically saved the auto and financial industry. And if you want to give Bush credit for that..because the programs were intiated under his watch, you gotta remember it was Bush's policies that broke them in the first place. He's come up with a really good nuke agreement with Russia. Terrorists are dropping like flies. He's squashed the pirates in Somalia. More people are getting deported then previous administrations. And they just churned out a couple of new trade agreements which include money to help displaced workers..like under NAFTA with Clinton.

He was handed a pile of shit..and he's turned into fertilizer. You may hate it..but what else are you gonna do with shit? :dunno:

The Grand Poobah has spoken!

Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney 'Is Not A Conservative' (AUDIO)

Rush Limbaugh, on his Thursday radio broadcast, spoke bluntly about GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

"Romney is not a conservative," said Limbaugh (as pointed out by RealClearPolitics). He continued, "he's not, folks. But you can argue with me all day long on that, but he isn't." Limbaugh went on to explain that "what [Romney] has going for him is that he's not Obama," and that the former Massachusetts governor is a "seasoned" debater.

Despite the conservative radio host's harsh words, Limbaugh told his audience that he likes Romney "very much" and that Romney is "a fine guy. He's a very nice gentleman. He is a gentleman. But he's not a conservative."

:up::happy-1::lmao:

What is your point? Why would the left see this as something to cheer or find comfort in?

Romney isn't a conservative. No shit. This is the man that was pro-choice, anti-second amendment and laid the ground work for what is now Obama Care.

Why do you think that the Republican base is so against his campaign?

How is this relevant at all?

So how about this...

If I said today that I saw Romney as a moderate....would yuou assume I was simply regurgitating what Rush said?

And by the way...I have been saying he is a moderate for 4 years now...since the primaries of 2007.

My issue with dittoheads in general has nothing to do with any specific poster here, including you. Frankly, I haven't read enough posts by any particular person about the controversial things that Rush regularly says to point a metaphorical finger at anyone. I just know from experience that many of his most devoted fans do, in fact, regurgitate what Rush says as if it's gospel.

Personally, I think Rush laughs all the way to the bank.

The Grand Poobah has spoken!

Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney 'Is Not A Conservative' (AUDIO)

Rush Limbaugh, on his Thursday radio broadcast, spoke bluntly about GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

"Romney is not a conservative," said Limbaugh (as pointed out by RealClearPolitics). He continued, "he's not, folks. But you can argue with me all day long on that, but he isn't." Limbaugh went on to explain that "what [Romney] has going for him is that he's not Obama," and that the former Massachusetts governor is a "seasoned" debater.

Despite the conservative radio host's harsh words, Limbaugh told his audience that he likes Romney "very much" and that Romney is "a fine guy. He's a very nice gentleman. He is a gentleman. But he's not a conservative."

:up::happy-1::lmao:

What is your point? Why would the left see this as something to cheer or find comfort in?
Romney isn't a conservative. No shit. This is the man that was pro-choice, anti-second amendment and laid the ground work for what is now Obama Care.

Mainly because I want Obama to win a second term.

The more disarray in the current GOP the better.

They've gone off the deep end.

So how about this...

My issue with dittoheads in general has nothing to do with any specific poster here, including you. Frankly, I haven't read enough posts by any particular person about the controversial things that Rush regularly says to point a metaphorical finger at anyone. I just know from experience that many of his most devoted fans do, in fact, regurgitate what Rush says as if it's gospel.

Personally, I think Rush laughs all the way to the bank.

dont take this as an insult...

but.....

"I just know from experience that many of his most devoted fans do, in fact, regurgitate what Rush says as if it's gospel"

uh.....duh?
They ARE his most devoted fans....of course they do.

Rush supported Romney in 2008.

The Conservative tent is getting smaller and smaller.
He didn't openly support anyone in '08, and nor is he this time around. But you please keep talking out of your ass...ok?

are you sure? Laura Ingraham supported him for sure.
Yep. He has said it openly. To the matter of when asked whom he really voted for, he has told people that it was his business and no one elses.

He has also stated that he hasn't thrown any open support for any one candidate now or in the past, especially on the air.

Dude want in one hand and shit in the other see which hand get filled first.
obama is doneI guess you better start getting those talking points ready to defend hillary.:lol:

This is delusional. This is what you are going to take comfort in? After three years of this administration, two of which the Democrats controlled Congress, we are in an economic standstill and all polls are showing, at least in a historical perspective, a huge electoral defeat for a largely unpopular president and you believe that during a primary Limbaugh saying Romney isn't a conservative is throwing the GOP is disarray? :lol:

Are you having trouble swimming in the deep end, because you obviously jumped in a long time ago.

Wow... Don't they usually wait until after they're elected and fail miserably to claim they 'weren't a real conservative?'

Has the RWNJ megaphone begun pre-emptive strikes?

Why wait to take note of the fact that a liberal is a liberal when the point of the primaries is to nominate the most potentially effective leader?

One thing we know: liberals suck as leaders. I mean, shit: just look at the current loser at the helm.

Which is why I wonder why the powers that be want another one running on the GOP ticket.

They used Romney to tear down Bachmann, Perry, and now Cain. Bachmann did more damage to her own chances but it's obvious Perry isn't aggressive enough to win. Cain could win but they'd just make up a bunch of crap about him.

Voting for Romney is pretty much voting for a loser. Romney's crew helped write Obamacare and Romney, like Obama and Chris Christy, believes in Man-made Global Warming......a non-starter for me.

Voting for Romney is a guarantee of four more years of Obama.

Trust me.

Now anyone who acknowledges man-made global warming cannot be a 'True conservative?' (Notice I said 'acknowledge' and not 'believe in.')

You're a fucking nutter. :lol:

Dude want in one hand and shit in the other see which hand get filled first.
obama is doneI guess you better start getting those talking points ready to defend hillary.:lol:

Reb, I suggest you prepare yourself for the very real possibility that you're going to have BHO for 4 more years. Your sheer human will and vitriolic, irrational hatred are not going to be enough to prevent him from being re-elected.

If not, at least make a note of your local suicide crisis center's phone number.

Honestly? I don't think any of them are electable.

But I could be wrong. :dunno:

Forum List

Back