Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Here's the original story from Media Matters:

More Bad News For Rush Limbaugh Blog Media Matters for America

Oh! Look at the date!
4i6Ckte.gif

March 15 20015

Sources WLS ready to drop Rush Limbaugh

Thursday morning update: A Cumulus Media spokeswoman is denying plans to drop Limbaugh from WLS. “This is not at all accurate,” she said. “Any report to the contrary is false
And that's from last year? March 15, 2015 - or as you like to call it March 15 20015 - is last year?

I knew you wingnuts were stupid, but I always - ALWAYS - assumed you knew what year it was. Apparently not.

And what else is Cumulus going to say? They're the idiots that gave him the huge contract. They're not going to publicly trash him.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.
Except he always lies, so just like his claim that he would quit if he lost 20% of his audience, after he lost over 40% of his audience, BY HIS OWN NUMBERS, he simply claimed his ever shrinking audience was larger than ever and growing by leaps and bounds and stayed on the air. So too he will do when he gets less money, he will just lie and say he is getting more.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

March 28, 2012
RUSH: We haven't lost any audience in this program. The audience is larger than it's ever been... But the advertisers who've really been hurt are the ones who've abandoned here. I just assume everybody understood that. Let me tell you: We have 22 million people here who have stopped patronizing these people, stopped patronizing them. It's major in many instances, the harm that has been inflicted.

May 26, 2015
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I certainly hope everybody had a great weekend. We're back. I certainly did, I hope you did, and we're off and running, folks, with a brand-new week of broadcast excellence right here on the ever important, increasingly popular, growing-by-leaps-and-bounds Rush Limbaugh program

Last edited:
For the retard S.J.:

Limbaugh’s unfolding major-market woes will do little to boost his faltering influence. Last year he was bounced off a high-profile station in Los Angeles, shipped down the dial, and deposited on a has-been outlet (KEIB) that today has trouble securing a 1.0 rating, according to Nielsen ratings.

Note that his forced farewell from WIBC in Indianapolis was likely painful. The station hosted the talker for 22 years before announcing in April it was time for him to go. Especially embarrassing for Limbaugh was the fact that WIBC is sticking with its conservative talk radio lineup, it just no longer wanted Limbaugh to be a part of it.

Then, after WIBC announced it was dropping Rush, no stations in the market stepped forward to pick him up, which meant Limbaugh then had to be bailed out by iHeartMedia.

qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
Are you trying to convince me or yourself, needledick? Everytime somebody boycotts him or some station nobody's ever heard of drops his show you liberal sheep start jumping up and down proclaiming he's finished. You can only dream of the kind of success Rush has enjoyed for what, 25 years now, and for 25 years little pissants lke you have been saying "Oh, he's finished now". You really need to get a life, loser.

It's OK to be a fan of an entertainer. It's weird to be a fan of someone who calls you a "ditto head". Rush doesn't tell ditto heads what to think. He just says what they are thinking.

I think it would be fun if The Fat Druggie were to write an honest autobiography someday. I'd love to witness the nutter meltdown.

It's OK to be a fan of an entertainer. It's weird to be a fan of someone who calls you a "ditto head". Rush doesn't tell ditto heads what to think. He just says what they are thinking.

I think it would be fun if The Fat Druggie were to write an honest autobiography someday. I'd love to witness the nutter meltdown.
Why don't YOU write an autobiography? It would be the shortest story ever told.

How many freaking years has the guy been on the air?
The lefts obsession with him and Palin is sooooo funny,they are so child like.

Even the Right-wing Talkers' phony numbers show him losing audience.

audience-radio-talk-show-hosts-e1283863778322.jpg

RUSH: This is the award-winning, thrill-packed, ever-exciting, increasingly popular, growing-by-leaps-and-bounds Rush Limbaugh program on the EIB Network.

I like how the article says he's "divorced from long time affiliates in New York...". He just decided to move over to WOR in Noo Yawk from WABC, that's all. And now WOR is the number one AM station in the city.
Every time there's a stumble, the left wingnuts come out of the woodwork saying his show is over. When he made the comment about Sandra Fluke he lost a couple of national sponsors, and the wingnuts said he was finished. Other advertisers simply took their place. There was no dead air because of lack of sponsors.
I look at the ratings posts, and I do not see ANY liberal talk show even biting at his ratings ankles.
Sure, there will come a day when he is no longer number one nationally. But who will take his place? Either Hannity or Levin, not any liberal wingnut talker, that's for sure. The message will still go out, just with a different messenger.

Last edited:
I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator
Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.

1399206841807.jpg

How many times have you morons announced the end of Rush's career? Keep wishin' and hopin', losers.
Then explain what's happening to him. You did read it didn't you? You can read, can't you?

HE'S BEING DROPPED FROM CONSERVATIVE TALK STATIONS!

Explain that.

Let me explain. The article does not explain or mention how many other stations picked him up. Nor does it explain that at his peak, he was virtually the only one doing it. Now you can hardly pick an AM station the doesn't have conservative talk.

Keep wishing you nutters, and we'll keep laughing at you.

How many times have you morons announced the end of Rush's career? Keep wishin' and hopin', losers.
Then explain what's happening to him. You did read it didn't you? You can read, can't you?

Explain that.

Let me explain. The article does not explain or mention how many other stations picked him up. Nor does it explain that at his peak, he was virtually the only one doing it. Now you can hardly pick an AM station the doesn't have conservative talk.

Shhh, leave them alone, they need their Two Minute Hate against Rush to feel validated.

Explain that.

Shhh, leave them alone, they need their Two Minute Hate against Rush to feel validated.

Well, since when has logic or reason ever stopped them?

Forum List

Back