Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Rush Limbaugh is like a cancer

Just when you thought you had it beat, it comes back

Reports of Rush's demise have been going on for 20 years

How many times have you morons announced the end of Rush's career? Keep wishin' and hopin', losers.
Then explain what's happening to him. You did read it didn't you? You can read, can't you?

HE'S BEING DROPPED FROM CONSERVATIVE TALK STATIONS!

Explain that.

Let me explain. The article does not explain or mention how many other stations picked him up. Nor does it explain that at his peak, he was virtually the only one doing it. Now you can hardly pick an AM station the doesn't have conservative talk.

Keep wishing you nutters, and we'll keep laughing at you.

The ones who only wish aren't so bad. It's the JoeyB types that just make up pure bullshit in order to enhance their fondest desires regarding the state of Rush's radio career. Their fellow lefty dimwits buy it though, right from their seats in the choir.

Rush has become like classic rock. People will always be around who like to listen to it, but as time goes by there becomes fewer and fewer fans and the play list gets reduced to the same old 20 or 30 songs.

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator
Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.

If at this time next year Rush is still on the air, will you leave USMB and never return?

Rush IS fos on many subjects, he IS a lardass, and he WAS caught doping. Gordon Liddy was better and neither one amounted to a pimple on the butt of Neil Borsch.

Rush will go for another 10 years or more and when he calls it quits the Libs will say .....
See we told you cons 10 years ago Rush was toast.... heh heh heh

A year from now when Rush is still as big as ever, this thread will just be another forgotten circle jerk by the board progtards.

Yeah, the dumbshit is only worth $400 million. He must be a real idiot.
Yeah, the pathological liar is worth $400 million as sure as he has an audience of 50 million. How stupid do you have to be to believe anything Porky says??? :cuckoo:

November 07, 2012
RUSH: Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today? Anybody? Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here? None of you? I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.

Yeah, the pathological liar is worth $400 million as sure as he has an audience of 50 million. How stupid do you have to be to believe anything Porky says??? :cuckoo:

November 07, 2012
RUSH: Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today? Anybody? Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here? None of you? I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.
Are you saying he's NOT worth $400 million?

This guy started in the late 80's and dominated AM radio ever since. He forever changed AM radio and he led the way for many other talk shows, even sports show.

No one can deny the power he had. I quit listening to him long, but he carried AM for the last 25 years. I expected him to die out in 2000 but the guy went on another 15 years. I listen to the liberal sports host Colin Cowherd and he said you can't deny the benefit that he and others have been given because of Limbaugh.

If he leaves radio now, he lasted longer and change AM radio, single handedly. No one has ever come close to what he accomplished in radio.
Like him or not.

November 07, 2012
I'm saying you have no idea of his net worth, and since every number related to your MessiahRushie has been grossly inflated, there is no reason to doubt that the $400 million is equally inflated.

November 07, 2012
I'm saying you have no idea of his net worth, and since every number related to your MessiahRushie has been grossly inflated, there is no reason to doubt that the $400 million is equally inflated.
Or maybe envious lefties like you are just in denial about Rush's success.

Rush Limbaugh Net Worth Celebrity Net Worth

Rush Limbaugh Stepped Into It This Time Sue Wilson

Rush has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, has he?
Rush Limbaugh Stepped Into It This Time Sue Wilson

Rush has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, has he?
Yeah, the dumbshit is only worth $400 million. He must be a real idiot. BTW, what's your net worth?

Which speaks volumes about the drooling, low information, idiots like you that have made him wealthy.

November 07, 2012
Or maybe envious lefties like you are just in denial about Rush's success.

Rush Limbaugh Net Worth Celebrity Net Worth
It says he owns a condo in NYC and earns 70 million per year, both are known to be out of date and wrong, but you will believe any bullshit fed to you, that is why you are a DittroTard.

Forum List

Back