Rush advertisers starting to beg to come back. Rush tells one to get bent!

The truth is just the opposite of the OP:

News : When it comes to advertisers avoiding controversial shows, it's not just Rush | Radio-Info.com

Premiere Networks is circulating a list of 98 advertisers who want to avoid “environments likely to stir negative sentiments.” The list includes carmakers (Ford, GM, Toyota), insurance companies (Allstate, Geico, Prudential, State Farm) and restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway).

Carbiner, Rush already put out a transcript on this. Local affiliates get notices ALL THE TIME from national and local advertisers saying "we don't want our product advertised on show X."

It brings absolutely NO revenue to Rush's show, that goes to local affiliates and trust me there are other advertisers who want exposure on during the time they KNOW most people will be listening to the radio, aka Noon to Three.

Nice try, but it has nothing to do with Rush's show.

What I see is a product that isn't really being well recived by the public.

And Carbonite has probably gotten as many customers from the RUSH FAMILY as they're goning to get, too.

What is their product?

An overpriced backup and revovery system?

Doesn't sound like a company that's going to last very long to me.

It sells a service that normal people don't need and companies that really care about their data can puchase INHOUSE.

So who buys this service?

Probably the same kind of dupe investing in gold instead of the market.

Still waiting for that evidence they lost half their value while advertising on Rush?

FAIL!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Interesting too that Limbaugh makes ALL decisions on who advertises on his program, and who doesn't...

Don't Worry, Folks: Advertisers Who Don't Want Your Business Will Be Replaced

RUSH: As I was saying, ladies and gentlemen, this show has always been about you. It has always been about meeting and surpassing your expectations as an audience on any level that I can imagine, on any level for which I have empathy. If this program were about the advertising... (laughing) you don't know the kind of commercials you'd be treated to. I reject millions of dollars of advertising a year, much to the chagrin of my hardworking sales staff. Millions, folks, including, I might add, General Motors. What would you have thought, if, after the government took over General Motors, I started advertising General Motors? I made the decision not to accept that because you, the audience, come first. Because no successful program puts the audience second or third.

Let's put the couple days of Carbonite stock declines into perspective:

big.chart

Case closed.

Yeah, nice try Carbiner!

nvestors have fled Carbonite like Carbonite fled Rush Limbaugh, but, as they say, correlation is not causation, so it’s impossible to know for sure whether Carbonite’s stock has plummeted because the back-up company withdrew its support for the top talker — or just because. Nevertheless, the facts are what they are:
Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend, though. Consider, for example, that conservative pundits have made a point to call Friend out by name for his decision to pull advertising and to continue to criticize Limbaugh even after he apologized. Why single Friend out from among the dozens of advertisers to reject Rush? For one thing, Friend continues to support with his advertising dollars Ed Schultz and Howard Stern — two men who’ve been known to use their fair share of foul and derogatory language. That makes Friend’s reason to leave Limbaugh — which was, I remind you, to “contribute to a more civilized public discourse” — a little suspect.

Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh Update: Limbaugh clears up misinformation about his “lost” sponsors « Hot Air

Nasdaq Biggest Percentage Decliners - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

big.chart

Case closed.

Yeah, nice try Carbiner!

nvestors have fled Carbonite like Carbonite fled Rush Limbaugh, but, as they say, correlation is not causation, so it’s impossible to know for sure whether Carbonite’s stock has plummeted because the back-up company withdrew its support for the top talker — or just because. Nevertheless, the facts are what they are:
Since the market opened on Monday through its close [yesterday], Carbonite stock (NASDAQ: CARB) has plummeted nearly 12 percent, outpacing the drop of the NASDAQ index in that same time period by nine-and-a-half points. It was also one of the biggest decliners on the NASDAQ on Tuesday.
It’s hard to think Carbonite CEO David Friend’s smug retraction of support for Limbaugh had nothing to do with his stock’s downward trend, though. Consider, for example, that conservative pundits have made a point to call Friend out by name for his decision to pull advertising and to continue to criticize Limbaugh even after he apologized. Why single Friend out from among the dozens of advertisers to reject Rush? For one thing, Friend continues to support with his advertising dollars Ed Schultz and Howard Stern — two men who’ve been known to use their fair share of foul and derogatory language. That makes Friend’s reason to leave Limbaugh — which was, I remind you, to “contribute to a more civilized public discourse” — a little suspect.

Carbonite stock plummets after decision to abandon Limbaugh Update: Limbaugh clears up misinformation about his “lost” sponsors « Hot Air

Mr_-Rogers.gif

Can you say Scapegoat...? Sure...I knew you could...!

big.chart

Case closed.

Yeah, nice try Carbiner!

The stock did not go down because it dumped Limbaugh. It's been going down for six months.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Why would you purposely make yourself look like an idiot on something that anyone with a brain can easily figure out?

I'm always puzzled by that brand of stupidity.

big.chart

Case closed.

Yeah, nice try Carbiner!

The stock did not go down because it dumped Limbaugh. It's been going down for six months.

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Why would you purposely make yourself look like an idiot on something that anyone with a brain can easily figure out?

Oh, maybe (as usual) you won't give your source for your info and I will.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Carbonite's stock as already plummeted 12%. For all the left's cries that this would tank Rush, what is really happening is those who left Rush are tanking themselves. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Advertiser Crawls Back to Limbaugh, Is Rejected
an advertiser with Rush Limbaugh's show that had suspended live endorsements in the wake of the slutroversy came crawling back only to be rejected by the radio giant.

Limbaugh apparently received the requests from Sleep Train personally, and his camp responded to Sleep Train's request to come back thusly:
“Unfortunately, your public comments were not well received by our audience, and did not accurately portray either Rush Limbaugh’s character or the intent of his remarks. Thus, we regret to inform you that Rush will be unable to endorse Sleep Train in the future.​
Sleep Train can't have it both ways. They can't bash Limbaugh and simultaneously expect him to endorse their product on air.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don't screw with the most powerful man in radio OR the new media and get away with it.

That's what wingnuts used to say about Glenn Beck.

Last edited:
had to post this in another thread, but...

i'm a stock trader and looked at their chart. it got to over 20 in August of 2011, went down as low as 11 in October of 2011, finished at 9.53 on Feb 1, 2012, was at 9.12 of Feb 22, 2012, and finished Friday at 8.71.

what trend do you see?

The company is a classic post-IPO bust.

They aren't making any money, which doesn't help.

had to post this in another thread, but...

i'm a stock trader and looked at their chart. it got to over 20 in August of 2011, went down as low as 11 in October of 2011, finished at 9.53 on Feb 1, 2012, was at 9.12 of Feb 22, 2012, and finished Friday at 8.71.

what trend do you see?
Carbonite lost more than half its value WHILE advertising with the Pink Slime Of Politics!!!! They made a wise move to cut their losses and stop advertising where they get only negative return on their advertising dollar.

Interesting choice of words...:eusa_whistle:

USDA Buys 7 Million Pounds of ‘Pink Slime’ For School Lunches
As long as it's the pink slime... If your burgers seem to be tinted soylent green, the libs have started the death panels.

Carbonite lost more than half its value WHILE advertising with the Pink Slime Of Politics!!!! They made a wise move to cut their losses and stop advertising where they get only negative return on their advertising dollar.

Interesting choice of words...:eusa_whistle:

USDA Buys 7 Million Pounds of ‘Pink Slime’ For School Lunches
As long as it's the pink slime... If your burgers seem to be tinted soylent green, the libs have started the death panels.
But soylent pink?

The Government is advocating feeding children tendons and other scraps...if people really knew...:eusa_whistle:

Carbonite's stock as already plummeted 12%. For all the left's cries that this would tank Rush, what is really happening is those who left Rush are tanking themselves. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

an advertiser with Rush Limbaugh's show that had suspended live endorsements in the wake of the slutroversy came crawling back only to be rejected by the radio giant.

Limbaugh apparently received the requests from Sleep Train personally, and his camp responded to Sleep Train's request to come back thusly:
“Unfortunately, your public comments were not well received by our audience, and did not accurately portray either Rush Limbaugh’s character or the intent of his remarks. Thus, we regret to inform you that Rush will be unable to endorse Sleep Train in the future.​
Sleep Train can't have it both ways. They can't bash Limbaugh and simultaneously expect him to endorse their product on air.

You don't screw with the most powerful man in radio OR the new media and get away with it.

hey comon now, glenn beck is rocking internet television. or something. probably wishing he'd have bought more gold. lolololol From a reputable source.

Oh, maybe (as usual) you won't give your source for your info and I will.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you have a source that proves Carbonite stock was down because of Limbaugh, and no other cause,

you really should post it then.

Fuck em. Let em go advertise on AOL & the HuffingtonPoop. They don't believe in or supprt Free Speech. So fuck em.

You libs (like the laughably delusional kidrocks) thought you had Limbaugh on the ropes? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have NO CLUE.

I told you people. The ONLY WAY you could touch Rush is by convincing all 15 to 20 million people tuning into Rush (on a daily basis) to stop listening. And YOU can't do that.

You guys sacrificed ANY chance of that by defending Maher while condemning Rush.

Lost again liberals. Hoist on your own petard.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Progressives are under the delusion that conservatives don't listen to Rush and progressives will stop listening to Rush.

At the end of the day, Rush has millions of listeners who buy products, which makes Rush's show a valuable tool for advertisements...

Advertisers pulling out of a show only hurts themselves...

It's not like most businesses give a fuck about op-ed politics - it's all about the $$$$$$$

Not to mention you can bet your ass conservatives can boycott those businesses right back by not buying their products....

This really goes to show how dumb, emotional and illogical progressives are...

Last edited:

hey comon now, glenn beck is rocking internet television. or something. probably wishing he'd have bought more gold. lolololol From a reputable source.

I loved his show. It was like watching Captain Kangaroo on steroids. And on his radio show I love they way he pontificates his point into a seamless segue for whatever product his sponsor is selling. He's a 'ho.

I loved his show. It was like watching Captain Kangaroo on steroids. And on his radio show I love they way he pontificates his point into a seamless segue for whatever product his sponsor is selling. He's a 'ho.

Tell us of Air America's failure to hold sponsors and the debt they went into?:eusa_whistle:

big.chart

Case closed.

Yeah, nice try Carbiner!

Do you think that really matters??

Only a foolish businessman would boycott 20 million listeners... Thats pretty much the extent of what these leftist idiots are doing - they're refusing to advertise to 20 million listeners - so they may as well be boycotting themselves NOT Rush.

Quite frankly this is a perfect example of progressives being stupid and owning their own asses.

Not to mention when one advertiser pulls out another one steps in to take that slot..

I wasn't aware Glen Beck's radio show went anywhere.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back