Rubio says he'd use federal law to crack down on marijuana

Oh look, another small government conservative.
Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”
Rubio says he d use federal law to crack down on marijuana Tampa Bay Times

So you have a problem with someone who takes the oath of office seriously?
What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.
It is not legal according to federal law

Are you for state's rights or the 10th amendment? A politician cannot stand on a platform stating they are for states rights, and then state they are going to use Federal Law against 23 states that have voter approved medical marijuana laws, and the other 4 states that have voter approved legal status.

Marco Rubio has just committed political suicide. I imagine there will several more out of this Republican herd that will be putting the noose around their necks on this issue soon.

Are you for law and order or anarchy? A president swears to faithfully execute the laws, do you want someone who will be faithful to the oath or not? The only clear choice is for the folks who want to change the law to lobby their congresscritters to change it, but it's incumbent on a president to follow the law until it's changed. I contacted my congresscritters more than a year ago on the subject of medical marijuana, when't the last time you contacted yours, or are you just a whiner who sits on their hands and bitches all the time?

Oh look, another small government conservative.
Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”
Rubio says he d use federal law to crack down on marijuana Tampa Bay Times

So you have a problem with someone who takes the oath of office seriously?
What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.
Targeting African Americans more than anyone else??? What a racist!! In other words, more blacks smoke pot than whites. Show me the link.
Race and the Drug War Racial Discrimination in Drug Law Enforcement Drug Policy Alliance
Race and the War on Drugs - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back