Rubio says he'd use federal law to crack down on marijuana

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
Oh look, another small government conservative.
Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”
Rubio says he d use federal law to crack down on marijuana Tampa Bay Times

What an idiot! He could have gone for the young voters. Instead he actively drives them away. Just like Chris Christie, another out of touch bonehead.

What an idiot! He could have gone for the young voters. Instead he actively drives them away. Just like Chris Christie, another out of touch bonehead.

Yea, how could Rubio leave those 18-year-old Republican potheads on the table like that? All nine of them, too.
What the hell are you talking about? Rubio, like most republicans who are against "small government" are perfectly ok with using it for their own motives.

Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.
“Absolutely,” he said Sunday on Meet the Press. “I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law.” (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. “I’m not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I’m not. I never have been.”

So you have a problem with someone who takes the oath of office seriously?

Yea, how could Rubio leave those 18-year-old Republican potheads on the table like that? All nine of them, too.
What the hell are you talking about? Rubio, like most republicans who are against "small government" are perfectly ok with using it for their own motives.

Follow a train of thought, dude.

They drive away people who might be inclined to become conservatives when they talk a good game about freedom and liberty then want to tell you what you can smoke.

But you don't understand true conservatism.

Another one bites the dust: We have 23 states that have approved medical marijuana. 4 are now legal with more on the way. The overwhelming majority of this country feel that Marijuana should be legal.

Colorado the state I live in, is doing just fine, and we love the additional tax revenue, that is also creating a lot of new jobs. The gold on our Capital building has not melted off, and marijuana related crime is non-existent here.

Breaking 61 Percent Of Americans Want Legal Marijuana The Daily Caller

I guess Rubio doesn't believe in state's rights, and wants to give this industry back to violent Mexican drug cartels.

The stupidity coming out of the Republican party can be astounding at times.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.

What are you talking about? Federal marijuana law is a joke and the war on drugs has done horrid things with little to no benefit, targeting african americans more then anyone else, legal pot is working well in states, bringing in revenue... Rubio is a idiot.

Ok, now answer the question.

He could lead the drive in Congress to change the law. It's the fact that he's against legalization that is the issue. He's toast.

It is not legal according to federal law

What does him taking his oath of office "seriously" have to do with taking away a states right to legalize pot? I thought cons loved states rights? Or is rubio going to cherry pick what federal laws he follows like many other cons. It's idiotic to be against pot legalization in todays age, especially for someone as young as rubio.

It is not legal according to federal law
Oh boo hoo, the only ones who give a fuck about it are the republicans who want mexican drug lords to benefit for some odd reason.

He could lead the drive in Congress to change the law. It's the fact that he's against legalization that is the issue. He's toast.

Most intelligent people are against legalizing it. I don't plan to vote for him but not because of this.

What does him taking his oath of office "seriously" have to do with taking away a states right to legalize pot? I thought cons loved states rights? Or is rubio going to cherry pick what federal laws he follows like many other cons. It's idiotic to be against pot legalization in todays age, especially for someone as young as rubio.

So now commiecrats are in favor of states rights when it suites them. The Constitution says " he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed". That's what the oath has to do with it, something your dear leader could give a shit about.

They drive away people who might be inclined to become conservatives when they talk a good game about freedom and liberty then want to tell you what you can smoke.

Yeah, I don't understand why there are still hardline conservatives who embrace the drug war. Those are fossils, who I figured had been buried. You aren't going to win on a pro DEA platform anymore, these people must have morons for advisers. They may be advising themselves.

Most intelligent people are against legalizing it. I don't plan to vote for him but not because of this.
"Most intelligent people are against legalizing it."
LOL. Where the heck did you come up with that?

So now commiecrats are in favor of states rights when it suites them. The Constitution says " he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed". That's what the oath has to do with it, something your dear leader could give a shit about.
Democrats aren't communist, quit throwing our stupid partisan garbage. I never said I support states rights over federal righs, I said conservatives do, except when it comes to things they hate, like abortion/gays/drugs.

Very good point. In my state, Colorado, we had strong hold Republican counties vote for legalization. El Paso County--considered the church capital of the United States and home to Focus on the Family voted for legalization.

Rubio is not just pissing off Democrats, but Independents and Republicans.

The legalization of Marijuana is NOT a party line issue. But these political idiots haven't figured that out yet--LOL

Forum List

Back