Rousey v Holm

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the next to fight Rousey

I don't think there will be a next fight for Rousey. This is the woman who swore she'd rather die than lose again. She didn't due last night, but I can't see her ever ebtering the Octagon again. Maybe WWE would take her, but right now I'm not sure she would even want to do that, despite previous comments about it.

The public/entertainment portion of Ridiculous Ronda Rousey's life may be jyst about over.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the next to fight Rousey

I don't think there will be a next fight for Rousey. This is the woman who swore she'd rather die than lose again. She didn't due last night, but I can't see her ever ebtering the Octagon again. Maybe WWE would take her, but right now I'm not sure she would even want to do that, despite previous comments about it.

The public/entertainment portion of Ridiculous Ronda Rousey's life may be jyst about over.

George Foreman– upload_2015-11-15_11-7-11.gifVerified account ‏@GeorgeForeman

Down goes Muhammad,Frazier & Foreman RONDA ROUSEY we all came back so will you.

11:36 PM - 14 Nov 2015 from Texas, USA
416 RETWEETS541 LIKES

Attachments

• upload_2015-11-15_11-7-11.gif
    upload_2015-11-15_11-7-11.gif
    52 bytes · Views: 60

George Foreman–
View attachment 54791Verified account ‏@GeorgeForeman

Rousey us a different animal. Fighting, and her undefeated record were everything to her after things that happened in her past. Read her book. Listen to her interviews.

I'd be willing to bet she's curled up in a ball somewhere right now crying her eyes out like a 14 year old who just got dumped for the first time.

I can't see her coming back to fight again. The bloom is off the rose. The invites to do WWE and the movies will niw start going to Holm. Her recent political commentary hasn't won her much support.

SHE'S DONE.

George Foreman–
View attachment 54791Verified account ‏@GeorgeForeman

Rousey us a different animal. Fighting, and her undefeated record were everything to her after things that happened in her past. Read her book. Listen to her interviews.

I'd be willing to bet she's curled up in a ball somewhere right now crying her eyes out like a 14 year old who just got dumped for the first time.

I can't see her coming back to fight again. The bloom is off the rose. The invites to do WWE and the movies will niw start going to Holm. Her recent political commentary hasn't won her much support.

SHE'S DONE.
Crying over the millions she just made....

I'm a Rousey fan buuuut she got outsmarted and out fought by Holm.
A couple of thoughts;

Holm kept Rousey at bay.
Early on, Rousey looked confused and started flailing,
The couple of times Rousey managed to catch up to Holm, Holm's takedown defense stopped Rousey in her tracks.
Holm's takedown defense is the best in the biz and totally stifled Rousey's great grappling.

I watched the fight at a sports bar and was surprised at the cheering for Rousey's loss as opposed to cheering for Holm's win.

750x422

This reminded me somewhat of the first Cassius Clay - Sonny Listen fight.
When Cassius shut up for a moment?

Holm exposed Rousey az the FRAUD she was/is. Hopefully this is the last we hear/see of the woman who could never quite get ut done when it mattered (BRONZE medal, anyone?)
A fraud doesn't go undefeated as long as she did.
She took on everyone. She didn't hand-pick her fights.
She's always been a better grappler than a puncher. I think her quick KO in her last fight just made her a bit overconfident in her punching ability.
Truth is, most female MMA fighters try to trade punches. Rousey is the first I've seen that can beat you without throwing a punch. I think she needs to go back to that.....and she needs to use her kicks more. She didn't kick the Holly once.

She's always been a better grappler than a puncher. I think her quick KO in her last fight just made her a bit overconfident in her punching ability.

She was a one trick pony, with a trick that didn't even work at the highest level (Olympics). That makes her a fraud in my mind.

I will not spend any more of my time or money on anything she's associated with. Not that I think there will be much of that from here on out.

Holm exposed Rousey az the FRAUD she was/is. Hopefully this is the last we hear/see of the woman who could never quite get ut done when it mattered (BRONZE medal, anyone?)
Six straight title defense wins isnt fraudulent. Every fight she ever had (before last night), she finished... 11 out of 12 which were first round finishes. Ive never been fond of Rhonda, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Rhonda spent the fight chasing her and eating left hands. She just got tired. I'm sure if they have a rematch she won't do that.

Holly definitely didn't want Rhonda to get her on the mat. Rhonda spent so much energy trying to attack and she just walked into several hard shots.

It's a learning experience....but Holly had a good plan and was able to carry it out.

Rhonda reminds me of Tyson at his prime
Winning through intimidation and a rapid flurry of punches to put your opponent into submission

Holly didn't fall for it
Exactly. Buster Douglas didn't fall for it.

She was a one trick pony, with a trick that didn't even work at the highest level (Olympics). That makes her a fraud in my mind.

I will not spend any more of my time or money on anything she's associated with. Not that I think there will be much of that from here on out.
I watched her match in the Olympics. She was outscored by a Korean woman....and I felt she could have easily won. Judo is Koreas event. In and MMA fight, she would have beaten the fuck out of that chick. She didn't lose straight up. It could have been scored in her favor just as easily.

Six straight title defense wins isnt fraudulent. Every fight she ever had (before last night), she finished... 11 out of 12 which were first round finishes. Ive never been fond of Rhonda, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

A fighter is only as good as their last fight. I HAD a lot if respect for Ronda before last night. I've read her book, watched her fights, and felt that she might be someone worth paying attention to. I was wrong.

I lost almost all that reapect for her last night. I have a little left because she didn't hang around for the media BS. Nir has she done any interviews since. She lost. It's time to fall on her proverbial sword and lwave the MMA world. If nit, then her whole "I'd rather due than lose" but is shtick and notibg else.

I watched her match in the Olympics. She was outscored by a Korean woman....and I felt she could have easily won. Judo is Koreas event. In and MMA fight, she would have beaten the fuck out of that chick. She didn't lose straight up. It could have been scored in her favor just as easily.

Never get involved in a fixed sport. Simple rule of life. If you're telling me she didn't have a chance to win, she shouldn't have participated.

A fighter is only as good as their last fight. I HAD a lot if respect for Ronda before last night. I've read her book, watched her fights, and felt that she might be someone worth paying attention to. I was wrong.

I lost almost all that reapect for her last night. I have a little left because she didn't hang around for the media BS. Nir has she done any interviews since. She lost. It's time to fall on her proverbial sword and lwave the MMA world. If nit, then her whole "I'd rather due than lose" but is shtick and notibg else.
If you have the expectation that fighters shouldnt lose a fight ever, youre being unrealistic and it demonstrates how little you know about the sport. This isnt boxing where they get spoon fed easy opponents and they win 50 in a row. That doesnt happen in MMA; it never has happened and never will. There are way to many variables in MMA. You cant expect 100% success.

If you have the expectation that fighters shouldnt lose a fight ever, youre being unrealistic and it demonstrates how little you know about the sport. This isnt boxing where they get spoon fed easy opponents and they win 50 in a row. That doesnt happen in MMA; it never has happened and never will.

I have an expectation that athletes know their limits and when they're no longer the biggest dog in the pack they go quietly into the night without embarrassing themselves like Rousey did last night

Forum List

Back