Roseanne Barr claims she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

I’ve met thousands of people over the years. Not once have I ever met a black woman named Valerie.

Well, then you didn't have exposure to that many people. I was a Personnelman, and worked in Admin, which meant that I took care of the service records of all personnel in the commands I was at over the course of 20 years. And, if you're at a big enough command, you run into all sorts of names. Matter of fact, I once knew an E-3 who was black whose first name was Lieutenant. Ran into that one at NAS Millington TN in the mid 80's.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many things in this world that sound unusual or impossible, but still exist.
I said I’ve never met a black woman named Valerie. And because you make it sound like it was a popular name within the Navy, I said I’ll ask my dad about it.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.
I’m gonna guess our experiences are different because you’re older than me.

Part of it may be that I'm older, but I think the main reason our experiences differ is because I've seen a hell of a lot more names than the average person. Shore commands have lots of people on them, and as an Admin type, I was responsible for their service records, so yeah, I saw a hell of a lot of names over the years. Probably somewhere in the 20 to 30 thousands.

I’ve met thousands of people over the years. Not once have I ever met a black woman named Valerie.

Well, then you didn't have exposure to that many people. I was a Personnelman, and worked in Admin, which meant that I took care of the service records of all personnel in the commands I was at over the course of 20 years. And, if you're at a big enough command, you run into all sorts of names. Matter of fact, I once knew an E-3 who was black whose first name was Lieutenant. Ran into that one at NAS Millington TN in the mid 80's.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many things in this world that sound unusual or impossible, but still exist.
I said I’ve never met a black woman named Valerie. And because you make it sound like it was a popular name within the Navy, I said I’ll ask my dad about it.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.

Part of it may be that I'm older, but I think the main reason our experiences differ is because I've seen a hell of a lot more names than the average person. Shore commands have lots of people on them, and as an Admin type, I was responsible for their service records, so yeah, I saw a hell of a lot of names over the years. Probably somewhere in the 20 to 30 thousands.
What rank were you?

Dad was an E9. I can remember guards snapping to attention when I’d use his car to take girls on base for a game of tennis. lol

What rank were you?

Dad was an E9. I can remember guards snapping to attention when I’d use his car to take girls on base for a game of tennis. lol

I was an E6, and the last 2 tours I served were in billets that were designated for E7's. One was on an MSC vessel as the Admin department head, and the other was as the head person in charge of the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS.

The one that was on the MSC vessel was the big one though. Had to get special permission from BUPERS in DC to be able to administer the Navy Wide Advancement Exam as an E6, because only Chiefs or above are supposed to handle and store them.

Did such a great job on the MSC ship (had an error rate of 2.5 percent for pay. Outstanding is considered 5 percent or lower, and MSC had people checking in with ME to get copies of my forms and checkoff sheets), that they offered me the leading billet at MEPS Amarillo. Both of my last 2 tours were independent duty.

What rank were you?

I was an E6, and the last 2 tours I served were in billets that were designated for E7's. One was on an MSC vessel as the Admin department head, and the other was as the head person in charge of the Navy office at Amarillo MEPS.

The one that was on the MSC vessel was the big one though. Had to get special permission from BUPERS in DC to be able to administer the Navy Wide Advancement Exam as an E6, because only Chiefs or above are supposed to handle and store them.

Did such a great job on the MSC ship (had an error rate of 2.5 percent for pay. Outstanding is considered 5 percent or lower, and MSC had people checking in with ME to get copies of my forms and checkoff sheets), that they offered me the leading billet at MEPS Amarillo. Both of my last 2 tours were independent duty.
I’d like to thank you for your service.
I hope you know that any difference of opinions we might have doesn’t take anything away from the respect I have for anyone who has served.

Remember when the far left called Bush a chimp?

Yet you are not allowed to call anyone far left such things!

Bush was white

So? What does that have to do with anything?

So you admit that you far left drones are racists? Most people with brain already knew that!

Especially after the speech given that no one should be compered in this manner.

But it is ok for the far left to do it, just not anyone else!

Bush was white

So you admit that you far left drones are racists? Most people with brain already knew that!

Especially after the speech given that no one should be compered in this manner.

Bush was white

Bush was white

Bush was white

Yes it is known fact that you far left drones are the true racists!

Bush was white

Bush was white

We don’t call African Americans apes

That would be your side

Bush was white

Bush was white

That would be your side

Yes we know you far left drones are the one true racists, we do not need anymore proof of it!

Bush was white

Bush was white

That would be your side

Yes we know you far left drones are the one true racists, we do not need anymore proof of it!
:itsok:

Bush was white

That would be your side

:itsok:

See and another far left drone proves my point for me.

They are the one true racists!

Valerie was trying to pass for white..I have not problem with that.

Forum List

Back