Roseanne Barr claims she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

I’ve met thousands of people over the years. Not once have I ever met a black woman named Valerie.

How many black women do you know named Valerie, Political Junky?

Same here.... zero! lol

Here's a link to famous people named Valerie. If you look, you will find several black women named Valerie.

List of Celebrities with first name: Valerie - FamousFix List
How many do you know?

Actually, I've met several while serving in the Navy.
I’ll ask my dad if he’s ever met one. He retired after working a few years at the pentagon.

I’ve met thousands of people over the years. Not once have I ever met a black woman named Valerie.

Well, then you didn't have exposure to that many people. I was a Personnelman, and worked in Admin, which meant that I took care of the service records of all personnel in the commands I was at over the course of 20 years. And, if you're at a big enough command, you run into all sorts of names. Matter of fact, I once knew an E-3 who was black whose first name was Lieutenant. Ran into that one at NAS Millington TN in the mid 80's.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many things in this world that sound unusual or impossible, but still exist.

Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.” The tweet was in response to a conspiracy-laden Twitter thread accusing Jarrett of helping to cover up CIA spying.

If
she thought Jarrett was white, what was the meaning of the Planet of the Apes part?

Well, in the era of Trump, the truth is whatever you say it is.

And, if she didn't know she was black, why did she specifically refer to Muslims and Planet of the Apes? Sorry, but I don't buy that it was a political tweet about Iran.

What else could Planet of the Apes refer to?

Did she think Jarrett looked like Charlton Heston?

Poor rightwinger. Hoist on your own retarded petard, yet again.... That being said, who the fuck cares about barr? She's an asshole, and has always been an asshole. Ignore her and she will go away.

bush-monkey.jpeg

Rosie, dear....face it, you got issues with people that aren't fat white and rich.....just own our bs and move on.

OMG, she's still trying desperately. Only cons will buy this.

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet." data-reactid="37" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet.

“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”" data-reactid="38" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”
<more>
Who does she think she is, Trump? Only he can get away as being the liar in chief and excellent backtracking via Moonwalking.

Roseanne Barr claims the tweet that got her fired wasn't racist because she thought Valerie Jarrett was white

Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet." data-reactid="37" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Barr backtracked on the explosive comment in a subsequent tweet.

“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”" data-reactid="38" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">“I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks,” she wrote. “I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste.”
<more>
I wouldn't have thought Jarrett was black, either. You think Roseanne needs her job back, or what?

I’d like to see how she explains the Planet of the Apes comment referring to a white person
You have a point.

<more>
Who does she think she is, Trump? Only he can get away as being the liar in chief and excellent backtracking via Moonwalking.
She meant to say she “didn’t” think Jarrett looked like Planet of the Apes

These mistakes happen to conservatives all the time

<more>
I wouldn't have thought Jarrett was black, either. You think Roseanne needs her job back, or what?

I’d like to see how she explains the Planet of the Apes comment referring to a white person
You have a point.
Mr. Heston never called them dirty negro apes, just dirty apes...

<more>

She should have admitted she walks in her sleep and tweets all the time.

Well, then you didn't have exposure to that many people. I was a Personnelman, and worked in Admin, which meant that I took care of the service records of all personnel in the commands I was at over the course of 20 years. And, if you're at a big enough command, you run into all sorts of names. Matter of fact, I once knew an E-3 who was black whose first name was Lieutenant. Ran into that one at NAS Millington TN in the mid 80's.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. There are many things in this world that sound unusual or impossible, but still exist.
I said I’ve never met a black woman named Valerie. And because you make it sound like it was a popular name within the Navy, I said I’ll ask my dad about it.

I said I’ve never met a black woman named Valerie. And because you make it sound like it was a popular name within the Navy, I said I’ll ask my dad about it.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.

<more>

It was an overdose of Ambien that made her tweet that way

A month later she says she thought she was white

<more>

It was an overdose of Ambien that made her tweet that way

A month later she says she thought she was white

She should have stuck with the Ambien excuse.

No, you are inferring that from my post, and that isn't what I said. I said that working in Admin for the Navy for 20 years, I had ran into several, not many. Several means about 4 or 5, and considering how many records have gone through my hands over the years, that is a very small percentage of names. At Memphis (NAS Millington) in the mid 80's, there were 6,000 to 7,000 students on the base, and they rotated out every 3 to 6 months, so there were lots of people flowing through, and, on rare occasions, I would meet black women named Valerie.
I’m gonna guess our experiences are different because you’re older than me.

Forum List

Back