Roosevelt's Greatest Blunder

Political Chic and her prom date

article-2263418-0060EEAE00000258-969_634x763.jpg

I believe I've put you in your place.

You know it, too.

1. Do you admit you are a chronic liar?

2. Can you find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?

3. Why is it you have never posted a critique of communism?

Frau Braun

You said we should have pursued a conditional surrender instead of unconditional

Who do you think would have had to approve the terms of a conditional surrender?

Could it be..........HITLER :ack-1:

3. Are you attempting to use the 'stupidity defense,' i.e., that there is no possibility of the war ending without a Hitler-surrender.

Or....to put that another way....Do you admit you are a chronic liar?

Frau Braun

Who would have accepted terms for Germany?

Yes or no?

Time for some unrelated cut and paste Frau Braun

Still looking for you to identify who. than Hitler, could have accepted terms of surrender?

No prob.

As soon as you answer this: Can you find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?

Frau Braun

You said we should have pursued a conditional surrender instead of unconditional

Who do you think would have had to approve the terms of a conditional surrender?

Could it be..........HITLER :ack-1:

3. Are you attempting to use the 'stupidity defense,' i.e., that there is no possibility of the war ending without a Hitler-surrender.

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

Still looking for you to identify who. than Hitler, could have accepted terms of surrender?

No prob.

As soon as you answer this: Can you find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?

Frau Braun

Who else could have? You do know who the Fuhrer was don't ya? He is the one who you would have had to get to accept your conditional surrender

You do realize what happened to those who went to Hitler and suggested surrender don't you?

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

No prob.

Frau Braun

Who else could have? You do know who the Fuhrer was don't ya? He is the one who you would have had to get to accept your conditional surrender

You do realize what happened to those who went to Hitler and suggested surrender don't you?

So......you're admitting that you lied, and it is not possible for you to ' find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?"

So you are claiming that Grand Daddy Koch did not develop the oil fields of Stalin's USSR?

So...you've given up attempting to challenge my facts, and are now attempting to change the subject?

The facts with which you and the history-challenged coterie cannot contend include:
a. FDR was a vassal of Joseph Stalin
b. FDR extended WWII with commensurate deaths and injury to American Soldiers by following Stalin's orders to declare unconditional surrender as American policy
c. FDR embraced a pathological murderer and knew exactly what he was doing.
Unconditional surrender was discussed and adapted at the Casablanca Conference in January of 1943. It was adopted as policy as the best insurance for post war peace in Europe. One member that normally attended these conferences was notably absent. Stalin was not at the Casablanca conference. Roosevelt and Churchill made the decision without Stalin's input. Check it out. It's in all the encyclopedia's and history books.

Another lie...in this case based on your ignorance.

Now....once again....watch me belt this one out of the park!

10. As mentioned earlier, although Roosevelt claimed that he came up with the idea of demanding 'unconditional surrender,"....he didn't. The original State Department notes say that the policy was affirmed on May 6, 1942, and "reaffirmed" on May 20, 1942:

"The Subcommittee on Security Problems of the Advisory Committee on Post-War Foreign Policy at its third meeting on May 6, 1942 began a consideration of armistice and unconditional surrender.....quick agreement on the matter was reached."

How could there be 'quick agreement' when, as discussed above, many officials, political and military, disagreed with the policy?

The notes continue: "The subcommittee agreed to begin its discussion...with the assumption that unconditional surrender would be extracted from the principal defeated states."

BTW....the note also states that the subcommittee head, Norman L. Davis, appraised the President.

Want to guess at who was on the panel?

If you guessed Lauchlin Currie, Laurence Duggan, Alger Hiss, Julian Wadleigh, and Harry Dexter White....you get to pick any cupie doll from the top shelf.

All of whom have subsequently been revealed as Kremlin spies.

BTW....also on the committee was Virginius Frank Coe, and Harold Glasser, and David K. Niles, a communist who "spoke in a sense for Harry Hopkins in accord with the wishes of the President."

Notes from "U.S. Department of State, Postwar Foreign Policy Preparations, 1939- 1945," prepared by Harley A. Notter (Washington, D.C., 1949),p. 76

Get it, you dope????

Stalin's agents on the panel 'came up with unconditional surrender.'

FDR followed the orders.

And...so you don't embarrass yourself further....check out Elizabeth Bentley's testimony about the origin of the Morganthau proposal.
Yup...Stalin.
Holy crap! You found one of Cordell Hull's advisory sub committees from WWII that discussed the possibility of unconditional surrender. How many of those advisory sub committees did the Sec. of State have during WWII? Good thing he had that one. If not for that subcommittees unconditional surrender would have never been thought of. Everyone knows FDR never had an original thought. He would have never thought of such a thing on his own. BTW, where did that quote you are using that says FDR claimed to have originated the idea for unconditional surrender come from?

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

No prob.

Frau Braun

So......you're admitting that you lied, and it is not possible for you to ' find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?"

Do you understand what "conditional surrender" means?

It means you have to have someone accept the terms

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

No prob.

Frau Braun

By you inferring that the USSR made the choice for unconditional surrender, since they knew Adolf would not surrender...

So you are claiming that Grand Daddy Koch did not develop the oil fields of Stalin's USSR?

So...you've given up attempting to challenge my facts, and are now attempting to change the subject?

The facts with which you and the history-challenged coterie cannot contend include:
b. FDR extended WWII with commensurate deaths and injury to American Soldiers by following Stalin's orders to declare unconditional surrender as American policy
Unconditional surrender was discussed and adapted at the Casablanca Conference in January of 1943. It was adopted as policy as the best insurance for post war peace in Europe. One member that normally attended these conferences was notably absent. Stalin was not at the Casablanca conference. Roosevelt and Churchill made the decision without Stalin's input. Check it out. It's in all the encyclopedia's and history books.

10. As mentioned earlier, although Roosevelt claimed that he came up with the idea of demanding 'unconditional surrender,"....he didn't. The original State Department notes say that the policy was affirmed on May 6, 1942, and "reaffirmed" on May 20, 1942:

"The Subcommittee on Security Problems of the Advisory Committee on Post-War Foreign Policy at its third meeting on May 6, 1942 began a consideration of armistice and unconditional surrender.....quick agreement on the matter was reached."

How could there be 'quick agreement' when, as discussed above, many officials, political and military, disagreed with the policy?

The notes continue: "The subcommittee agreed to begin its discussion...with the assumption that unconditional surrender would be extracted from the principal defeated states."

BTW....the note also states that the subcommittee head, Norman L. Davis, appraised the President.

If you guessed Lauchlin Currie, Laurence Duggan, Alger Hiss, Julian Wadleigh, and Harry Dexter White....you get to pick any cupie doll from the top shelf.

BTW....also on the committee was Virginius Frank Coe, and Harold Glasser, and David K. Niles, a communist who "spoke in a sense for Harry Hopkins in accord with the wishes of the President."

Notes from "U.S. Department of State, Postwar Foreign Policy Preparations, 1939- 1945," prepared by Harley A. Notter (Washington, D.C., 1949),p. 76

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

And...so you don't embarrass yourself further....check out Elizabeth Bentley's testimony about the origin of the Morganthau proposal.
Yup...Stalin.
Holy crap! You found one of Cordell Hull's advisory sub committees from WWII that discussed the possibility of unconditional surrender. How many of those advisory sub committees did the Sec. of State have during WWII? Good thing he had that one. If not for that subcommittees unconditional surrender would have never been thought of. Everyone knows FDR never had an original thought. He would have never thought of such a thing on his own. BTW, where did that quote you are using that says FDR claimed to have originated the idea for unconditional surrender come from?

Why?

You need more of a beating?

Yes or no?

No prob.

Frau Braun

I'm waiting for your admission that you are a congenital liar.

Go ahead....confession is good for the soul.

No prob.

Frau Braun

I am the most honest poster on USMB

I know that doesn't account for much, but ya take what you can get

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

Yup...Stalin.

Why?

You use so many crappy sources that I was wondering if you actually had a reliable one for this one.

Yes or no?

No prob.

Frau Braun

By you inferring that the USSR made the choice for unconditional surrender, since they knew Adolf would not surrender...

Have no fear!

Your education will continue:

11. What was really behind Stalin and his agents provoking Roosevelt into authorizing the 'unconditional surrender' policy?

General Wedemeyer:
" We failed to realize that unconditional surrender and the annihilation of German power would result in a tremendous vacuum in Central Europe into which the Communist power and ideas would flow."

Get it now????

The only one who could benefit from extending the war was Stalin.

a. "Wedemeyer explains, “We poisoned ourselves with our own propaganda and let the Communist serpent we took to our bosom envenom our minds and distort our ideals.” [Hanson] Baldwin is more matter-of-fact. “We became victims of our own propaganda,” he wrote. “Russian aims were good and noble. Communism had changed its spots.”

We were victims, all right, but not of “our own” propaganda; it was their propaganda. It was propaganda conceived in Moscow and disseminated by bona fide Kremlin agents, mouthpieces and organizers of Communist parties, fellow travelers, and many, many dupes (“ liberals,” “all the best people,” opinion makers, etc.). …" Diana West, "American Betrayal," p.291

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

Yup...Stalin.

Why?

You use so many crappy sources that I was wondering if you actually had a reliable one for this one.

Face it....not only am I far better educated than you are, I'm not burdened by the indoctrination that you are.

This was in the OP:
2. FranklinRoosevelt was known to fabricate all sorts of things...that he wrote Haiti's constitution, that his cabinet would be made to swear to a balanced budget, that he came up with the idea of 'Lend Lease,'....none of which are true.
He also put out the idea that 'unconditional surrender' of Germany originated with him.

Robert Sherwood, Harry Hopkins official biographer, quotes Roosevelt as saying "The thought popped into my mind...and the next thing I knew I had said it."
Sherwood, "The White House Papers of Harry L. Hopkins; Vol II," p. 693

....as was this:

c. Elliott [Roosevelt, FDR's son] attributes this comment to his father:"Of course, it's just the thing for the Russians. They couldn't want anything better. Unconditional surrender! Uncle Joe might have made it up himself."
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p.122

No prob.

Frau Braun

Being as uneducated as you are, you are reduced to lying constantly.
I've documented that in this thread....but, of course,it was hardly necessary.

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

Yup...Stalin.

Why?

Face it....not only am I far better educated than you are, I'm not burdened by the indoctrination that you are.

This was in the OP:
2. FranklinRoosevelt was known to fabricate all sorts of things...that he wrote Haiti's constitution, that his cabinet would be made to swear to a balanced budget, that he came up with the idea of 'Lend Lease,'....none of which are true.
He also put out the idea that 'unconditional surrender' of Germany originated with him.

Robert Sherwood, Harry Hopkins official biographer, quotes Roosevelt as saying "The thought popped into my mind...and the next thing I knew I had said it."

....as was this:

c. Elliott [Roosevelt, FDR's son] attributes this comment to his father:"Of course, it's just the thing for the Russians. They couldn't want anything better. Unconditional surrender! Uncle Joe might have made it up himself."

Not good enough. Sherwood is using heresay. Hopkins was dead for three years when he wrote his book. Where did he get the quote and why is there a space in the quote? No way to judge the context of the quote. The one from Elliott needs to be sourced by something other than Manly, the pen name for an anti FDR fascist from the 30's and into the McCarthy era.

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

Yup...Stalin.

Why?

This was in the OP:

....as was this:

Not good enough. Sherwood is using heresay. Hopkins was dead for three years when he wrote his book. Where did he get the quote and why is there a space in the quote? No way to judge the context of the quote. The one from Elliott needs to be sourced by something other than Manly, the pen name for an anti FDR fascist from the 30's and into the McCarthy era.

Actually....you've come up with the best description for you: "Not good enough."

Why?

This was in the OP:

....as was this:

Actually....you've come up with the best description for you: "Not good enough."
You are the boasting about how accurate your research is and how you can prove everything you claim. I say you are taking comments made by FDR out of context, at the very least. When you build a foundation it has to be strong or what rests on it falls apart. That is why the ideas you present fall apart. Your ideas are weak. You do not present history. You present political agenda driven conspiracy theories.

Frau Braun

Being as uneducated as you are, you are reduced to lying constantly.
I've documented that in this thread....but, of course,it was hardly necessary.

If you don't believe it, I can post it in my signature

Get it, you dope????

FDR followed the orders.

Yup...Stalin.

Why?

This was in the OP:

....as was this:

that had to leave a mark :p ;)

Forum List

Back