Roosevelt's Greatest Blunder

FDR chose to recognize Stalin's regime in 1933... eight months earlier, journalist Gareth Jones had exposed Stalin's Terror Famine

I do loves a good fairy tale....
ECONOMY
The Roots of Stalin in the Tea Party Movement
The Koch family, America's biggest financial backers of the Tea Party, would not be the billionaires they are today were it not for the godless empire of the USSR.
The Tea Party movement's dirty little secret is that its chief financial backers owe their family fortune to the granddaddy of all their hatred: Stalin's godless empire of the USSR. The secretive oil billionaires of the Koch family, the main supporters of the right-wing groups that orchestrated the Tea Party movement, would not have the means to bankroll their favorite causes had it not been for the pile of money the family made working for the Bolsheviks in the late 1920s and early 1930s, building refineries, training Communist engineers and laying down the foundation of Soviet oil infrastructure.
The Roots of Stalin in the Tea Party Movement Alternet

PLeeeeezzzzzzeee!

I post facts.

1. "On November 16, 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt ended almost 16 years of American non-recognition of the Soviet Union following a series of negotiations in Washington, D.C. with the Soviet Commissar for Foreign Affairs, Maxim Litvinov."
Recognition of the Soviet Union 1933 - 1921 1936 - Milestones - Office of the Historian

And Litvinov went back to the Russian Embassy laughing at Roosevelt

2. Did Roosevelt have any reason tobelieve that Stalin would live up to his word?
Roosevelt signed the recognition agreement: Litvinov "returned to the Soviet embassy.....all smiles....and said 'Well, it's all in the bag; we have it.'" On September 23, 1939, Dr. D. H. Dombrowsky testified before the Dies committee.
The Winona Republican-Herald on Newspapers.com

And Dombrowsky testified that Litvinov boasted that he pulled the wool over FDR's eyes:

"Well, it's all in the bag. They wanted us to recognize the debts we owed them and I promised we were going to negotiate. But they did not know we were going to negotiate until doomsday. The next one was a corker; they wanted us to promise freedom of religion in the Soviet Union, and I promised that, too. I was very much prompted to offer that I would personally collect all the Bibles and ship them over."
Manly, "The Twenty Year Revolution," p.33.

And 82 years later...they're still laughing at you dunces.

Or as the Oxford tome on WWII with historians contributing from many nations say, "any war aim other than unconditional surrender would have been inappropriate."

Can you believe PC wanted to let the Nazis off the hook?
She would have left the death camps in place...some of the "conditions" PC would have accepted is that Germany gets to keep its death camps, Hitler lives, Nazi Germany survives

None of that is true, of course, and folks reading your posts recognize you as an inveterate liar....beginning with your avi.

In point of fact, one can always tell what the Left....you....are doing by what you accuse others of doing.

Your post is an attempt to excuse the far worse atrocities of your soul mate, Stalin.

Frau Braun

What type of conditional surrender do you think Hitler would have accepted that resulted in his trial?

None of that is true, of course, and folks reading your posts recognize you as an inveterate liar....beginning with your avi.

In point of fact, one can always tell what the Left....you....are doing by what you accuse others of doing.

Your post is an attempt to excuse the far worse atrocities of your soul mate, Stalin.

Frau Braun

What type of conditional surrender do you think Hitler would have accepted that resulted in his trial?

emot_munch.gif

So you are claiming that Grand Daddy Koch did not develop the oil fields of Stalin's USSR?

So...you've given up attempting to challenge my facts, and are now attempting to change the subject?

The facts with which you and the history-challenged coterie cannot contend include:
a. FDR was a vassal of Joseph Stalin
b. FDR extended WWII with commensurate deaths and injury to American Soldiers by following Stalin's orders to declare unconditional surrender as American policy
c. FDR embraced a pathological murderer and knew exactly what he was doing.

"So saith everyone at the time."

That's another lie.

Throughout the thread I've noted experts opposed to same...and if you weren't such a Roosevelt lap dog you'd speak the truth.

Let's slap you in the kisser again:

1. There was FDR close friend, on equally a Sovietophile, William Christian Bullitt, Jr.. Also an extreme Liberal, a radical, he had worked for Woodrow Wilson, and, of course, was a fervent believer in internationalism.
"Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed Bullitt the first US ambassador to the Soviet Union, a post that he filled from 1933 to 1936." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Christian_Bullitt,_Jr.

2. Ambassador Bullitt soon recognized the truth. Every 'pledge,' 'promise,' and 'assurance," that the Soviets had tricked Roosevelt into believing- if 'believing' is the accurate explanation- on war debt, on the treatment of American nationals and property in the USSR, on religious freedom, on subversion in the United States, and, of course, on fomenting revolution in the United States, was worthless.
As dense a Liberal as Bullitt was, he saw Stalin convene the world's Communist parties, including the American Communist Party (CPUSA), in the Seventh World Congress of the Communist International, 1935. CPUSA leaders Earl Browder and William Foster took leading roles. So much for the pledges.
West, "American Betrayal," p. 197.

a. "This not only proved that [the Soviets] still pursued the goal of world revolution, but it also proved that they were breaking their promise in the letters exchanged between Roosevelt and Litvinov in November 1933 which stipulated that Moscow would have nothing to do with the American Communist Party." Dunn, "Caught Between Roosevelt and Stalin," p. 49.

3. Bullitt suggested that Roosevelt would feel obliged to break relations. He was wrong. "If we should not [break relations] the Soviet Government would be convinced that it could break its pledges with impunity and would feel free to direct actively the American communist movement."
"For the President Personal & Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt," Orville H. Bullitt,
p. 130-131.

Future ambassador William H. Standley gave similar advice to FDR.....which he also ignored.

4. "...he later became an outspoken anticommunist..... Though Bullitt arrived in the Soviet Union with high hopes for Soviet-American relations, his view of the Soviet leadership soured on closer inspection. By the end of his tenure he was openly hostile to the Soviet government. He remained an outspoken anticommunist for the rest of his life."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Christian_Bullitt,_Jr.

5. In a letter to FDR, dated January 29, 1943, Ambassador William Bullitt warned Roosevelt about what would happen if he continued pursuing the policies of appeasement toward Stalin that formed the foundation of the American war strategy.

He pleaded with FDR not to 'permit our war to prevent Nazi domination of Europe to be turned into a war to establish Soviet domination of Europe.' He predicted the Soviet annexation of half of Europe; George Kennan identified that letter as the earliest warning of what would be the result of FDR's policies. "
For the President Personal & Secret: Correspondence Between Franklin D. Roosevelt and William C. Bullitt," Orville H. Bullitt, p. 575-590

6. FDR replied:
"Bill, I don't dispute your facts, they are accurate, I don't dispute the logic of your reasoning. I have just had a hunch that Stalin is not that kind of a man. Harry says he's not and that he doesn't want anything in the world but security for his country, and I think that if I give him everything I possibly can and ask nothing from him in return, noblesse oblige, he won't try to annex anything and will work with me for a world of democracy and peace."
William C. Bullitt, "How We Won The War and Lost The Peace," Life Magazine, August 30, 1948, p. 94

Based on what has occurred....does FDR sound like a total moron, or what?

Unlike you, who is simply a liar.

How much of that "wall of text" did you type PoliticalSpice?

Or as the Oxford tome on WWII with historians contributing from many nations say, "any war aim other than unconditional surrender would have been inappropriate."

She would have left the death camps in place...some of the "conditions" PC would have accepted is that Germany gets to keep its death camps, Hitler lives, Nazi Germany survives

Frau Braun

1. Do you admit you are a chronic liar?

2. Can you find any post of mine where I stated that Hitler would surrender?

3. Why is it you have never posted a critique of communism?

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

You said we should have pursued a conditional surrender instead of unconditional

Who do you think would have had to approve the terms of a conditional surrender?

Could it be..........HITLER :ack-1:

So you are claiming that Grand Daddy Koch did not develop the oil fields of Stalin's USSR?

So...you've given up attempting to challenge my facts, and are now attempting to change the subject?

The facts with which you and the history-challenged coterie cannot contend include:
b. FDR extended WWII with commensurate deaths and injury to American Soldiers by following Stalin's orders to declare unconditional surrender as American policy
Unconditional surrender was discussed and adapted at the Casablanca Conference in January of 1943. It was adopted as policy as the best insurance for post war peace in Europe. One member that normally attended these conferences was notably absent. Stalin was not at the Casablanca conference. Roosevelt and Churchill made the decision without Stalin's input. Check it out. It's in all the encyclopedia's and history books.

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

You said we should have pursued a conditional surrender instead of unconditional

Who do you think would have had to approve the terms of a conditional surrender?

You know that Hitler would do what ever Stalin told him to do...

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

3. Are you attempting to use the 'stupidity defense,' i.e., that there is no possibility of the war ending without a Hitler-surrender.

Or....to put that another way....Do you admit you are a chronic liar?

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Frau Braun is still hallucinating that Hitler would have accepted her terms of surrender in 1943

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

3. Are you attempting to use the 'stupidity defense,' i.e., that there is no possibility of the war ending without a Hitler-surrender.

Frau Braun

Who would have accepted terms for Germany?

Unconditional surrender was discussed and adapted at the Casablanca Conference in January of 1943. It was adopted as policy as the best insurance for post war peace in Europe. One member that normally attended these conferences was notably absent. Stalin was not at the Casablanca conference. Roosevelt and Churchill made the decision without Stalin's input. Check it out. It's in all the encyclopedia's and history books.

Another lie...in this case based on your ignorance.

Now....once again....watch me belt this one out of the park!

10. As mentioned earlier, although Roosevelt claimed that he came up with the idea of demanding 'unconditional surrender,"....he didn't. The original State Department notes say that the policy was affirmed on May 6, 1942, and "reaffirmed" on May 20, 1942:

"The Subcommittee on Security Problems of the Advisory Committee on Post-War Foreign Policy at its third meeting on May 6, 1942 began a consideration of armistice and unconditional surrender.....quick agreement on the matter was reached."

How could there be 'quick agreement' when, as discussed above, many officials, political and military, disagreed with the policy?

The notes continue: "The subcommittee agreed to begin its discussion...with the assumption that unconditional surrender would be extracted from the principal defeated states."

BTW....the note also states that the subcommittee head, Norman L. Davis, appraised the President.

Want to guess at who was on the panel?

If you guessed Lauchlin Currie, Laurence Duggan, Alger Hiss, Julian Wadleigh, and Harry Dexter White....you get to pick any cupie doll from the top shelf.

All of whom have subsequently been revealed as Kremlin spies.

BTW....also on the committee was Virginius Frank Coe, and Harold Glasser, and David K. Niles, a communist who "spoke in a sense for Harry Hopkins in accord with the wishes of the President."

Notes from "U.S. Department of State, Postwar Foreign Policy Preparations, 1939- 1945," prepared by Harley A. Notter (Washington, D.C., 1949),p. 76

Get it, you dope????

Stalin's agents on the panel 'came up with unconditional surrender.'

FDR followed the orders.

And...so you don't embarrass yourself further....check out Elizabeth Bentley's testimony about the origin of the Morganthau proposal.
Yup...Stalin.

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Stupid comment....basically your version of a white flag,huh?

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Frau Braun is still hallucinating that Hitler would have accepted her terms of surrender in 1943

Show where I said that, liar.

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Not at all, since what really happened is not what you are claiming...

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Not at all, since what really happened is not what you are claiming...

So....either all of the folks I quoted....and quoted correctly...are lying.....

....or you are.

Let's leave that determination to the reader.

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Frau Braun

Yes or no?

Time for some unrelated cut and paste Frau Braun

Still looking for you to identify who. than Hitler, could have accepted terms of surrender?

Forum List

Back