Roosevelt: Cold Water Splashed In His Face!

I thought it didn't work because it was deemed unconstitutional.

I'm not a free marketeer but I have to question the value of allowing industry to collude in setting their own prices.
America was desperate for a solution and as FDR said he would experiment, and that's what he did. In any case our answer today seems to be Keynes, not balancing the budget, nor loaning money to business so it could continue manufacturing the same product that sat on warehouse shelves.

"... FDR said he would experiment, and that's what he did. In any case our answer today seems to be Keynes, not balancing the budget,..."

Of course, you're lying....just as FDR did.

Let me prove it with his own words.

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."
FDR’s Commonwealth Club Address

2.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year. Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time." Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

a. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.

Did I just ram your words back down your lying throat, or what??????
1. So are all depression/recessions caused by the same economic factors?
2. Do all of the economic factors that cause a depression/recession have to in the same quantity?
3. How does a balanced budget cure a depression/recession?

You are both a congenital liar and a glacially slow learner.

One more time....let Roosevelt teach you the lesson:

1. The basis of FDR's 1932 campaign to win the presidency from Herbert Hoover was his emphatic promise to the suffering American people, that he would balance the budget. Of course, he also promised that he would use the government to create jobs, and that they "had a right to a comfortable living."

2.The part about balancing the budget had a certain resonance as President Harding had veered sharply away from federal spending and solved as big a recession in about one year. Certainly Franklin Roosevelt knew this, as he hammered away at Hoover's spending. October 19, 1932, he nailed Hoover, observing that in recent years federal expenses had increased by $1 billion "and that I may add, is the most reckless and extravagant past that I have been able to discover in the statistical record of any peacetime Government anywhere, any time." Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

a. Roosevelt went further! The cause: "It arises from one cause only and that is the unbalanced budget at he continued failure of this administration to take effective steps to balance it! If that budget had been fully and honestly balanced in 1930, some of the 1931 troubles would have been avoided. Even if it had been balanced in 1931, much of the extreme dip in 1932 would have been obviated. Every financial man in the country knows why this is true." Franklin D. Roosevelt: Campaign Address on the Federal Budget at Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

b. And this: "... carrying out the plain precept of our Party, which is to reduce the cost of current Federal Government operations by 25 percent." Ibid.
It was a simple question: How does balancing the budget cure a depression?

Why don't you question the man who claimed same as the solution...

His name was Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Watch me prove it:

America was desperate for a solution and as FDR said he would experiment, and that's what he did. In any case our answer today seems to be Keynes, not balancing the budget, nor loaning money to business so it could continue manufacturing the same product that sat on warehouse shelves.

"... FDR said he would experiment, and that's what he did. In any case our answer today seems to be Keynes, not balancing the budget,..."

2. Do all of the economic factors that cause a depression/recession have to in the same quantity?

You will not get an original or intellectual answer. All this conspiracy theorist is able to do is throw some insults and name calling followed by a cut and paste deflection that is used to evade answering precise and specific questions. Her threads are scams and hackeries.
I'm still waiting to hear how FDR forced Truman and Eisenhower to abandon those GI's to Stalin after he had been dead and buried. She keeps posting the same cut and paste that shows discussions going on about the topic after FDR had died. But somehow it was the dead guy who is behind the conspiracy theory.

I just rubbed your face in it earlier....
...proved you to be a lying cur, and corrected you the way curs are often corrected.

So...why are you back?

You will not get an original or intellectual answer. All this conspiracy theorist is able to do is throw some insults and name calling followed by a cut and paste deflection that is used to evade answering precise and specific questions. Her threads are scams and hackeries.
I'm still waiting to hear how FDR forced Truman and Eisenhower to abandon those GI's to Stalin after he had been dead and buried. She keeps posting the same cut and paste that shows discussions going on about the topic after FDR had died. But somehow it was the dead guy who is behind the conspiracy theory.

...proved you to be a lying cur, and corrected you the way curs are often corrected.

So...why are you back?
Still trying to find out how balancing the budget cures a depression/depression, and not what FDR said.
Do you know or not? Does anyone, or can we now strike the whole balanced budget thing? That seems to leave us with Keynes as our only answer at this time.

So...why are you back?
Still trying to find out how balancing the budget cures a depression/depression, and not what FDR said.
Do you know or not? Does anyone, or can we now strike the whole balanced budget thing? That seems to leave us with Keynes as our only answer at this time.

Three times....still pretending you don't understand.

Now...let's get back to Roosevelt.

Why did he lie?

Why do you lie?

Since history showed that he could have done exactly what he promised, what Harding showed as efficacious......
....why did Roosevelt make certain that the recession would become a Depression...and last twice as long as any previous downturn?

Why?

Or...
Why did he lie?

Why do you lie?

In you, a lack of character.

In Roosevelt.....an ulterior motive.

Right?

So...why are you back?
No, you didn't. You just keep posting the same cut and paste that I refuted. The one that has discussions for the repatriation of POWs between the USSR and the US after FDR had died. Your conspiracy theory is that FDR was responsible for everything, even after he died. Your own link refutes your claims you dope.

So...why are you back?
No, you didn't. You just keep posting the same cut and paste that I refuted. The one that has discussions for the repatriation of POWs between the USSR and the US after FDR had died. Your conspiracy theory is that FDR was responsible for everything, even after he died. Your own link refutes your claims you dope.

What does 'cut and paste' mean, you moron?

Exact quotes from those who know.

This:
The following.....abandoning thousands of American soldiers just to stay in Stalin's favor was more than typical of Franklin Roosevelt.

"On May 12, 1945, five days after V-E Day, the AP filed a startling news report from Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF): “Nearly half of the estimated 200,000 British and 76,000 American prisoners of war still in Germany are believed to be within the Russian zone of occupation and Supreme Headquarters has twice requested a meeting or an arrangement to arrange their return.”

Not two months earlier, as we’ve seen, Stalin had belligerently insisted to the now-deceased FDR that there were only seventeen Americans left in the Red zone, and that these last few American boys were safely en route to Odessa.

Behind the scenes, on May 19, 1945, Supreme Commander Eisenhower himself signed a cable stating, “Numbers of US prisoners estimated in Russian control 25,000.”

What happened? The Senate report goes on to assemble the relevant record of subsequent statements, memos, tallies and the like to arrive at its bottom line: between 12,500 and 20,000 U.S. servicemen were left behind after World.

I can’t think of anything that puts a more American face on this uniquely twentieth-centuryrecord of perfidy [by Roosevelt and his administration] than the betrayal of our own fighting fathers, brothers, husbands, and sons, Americans of successive generations beginning back before the so-called Greatest Generation, all the way up to the baby boomers. Along with their long-suffering families, they would become the uniquely American sacrifice to the conspiracy of silence that improbably held the Free World and the Un-Free World together, partners in crime, over the course of the twentieth century. Sacrifices, all, to American betrayal."
Diana West, "American Betrayal," chapter 11
The Death of the Grown-Up | Diana West > Home - Memorial

All of which must be laid at the feet of Franklin Roosevelt and his supporters.

Screeching 'cut and paste' is not a denial of the facts.

This fact as well: you remain a low-life sleaze.

So...why are you back?

Three times....still pretending you don't understand.

Now...let's get back to Roosevelt.

Why did he lie?

Why do you lie?

Since history showed that he could have done exactly what he promised, what Harding showed as efficacious......
....why did Roosevelt make certain that the recession would become a Depression...and last twice as long as any previous downturn?

Why?

Or...
Why did he lie?

Why do you lie?

In you, a lack of character.

In Roosevelt.....an ulterior motive.

Right?
FDR inherited a full fledged Depression. You keep calling it a recession and claim he caused the recession to become a depression. Anyone can google Great Depression and see when it started. Your stupid theory relies on people believing your nonsense about the period of 1929 from the time of the Wall Street Crash through 1933 after 5,000 banks had crashed was a recession. Historical accounts don't agree with you. History doesn't agree with. Your conspiracy theory is a fail.

So...why are you back?

"Your conspiracy theory is that FDR was responsible for everything, even after he died. Your own link refutes your claims you dope."

Let's see.....

FDR caused the problem....

...and his administration contunued it after he died.

Before his death:
March 3, 1945, FDR cables Stalin to request 'urgently' for American teams to evacuate American prisoners of war 'liberated' by the Red Army

Before his death:
March 5, 1945, Stalin replied: Nyet.
"...concerning the question of prisoners of war....on the territory of Poland and other places liberated by the Red Army, there are no groups of American prisoners of war...."
"My Dear Mr. Stalin: The Complete Correspondence of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Joseph V. Stalin," by Susan Butler, Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. p. 299

Stalin told the British the same thing about 20,000-30,000 British ex-prisoners. "The Iron Cage," by Nigel Cawthorne, p. 5

I notice I've forced you to stop lying about the numbers of American soldiers he abandoned to Stalin's gulags.
It's not 17.....is it.

Excellent.

And I will do the same with ever lie you attempt.

So...why are you back?

This:
The following.....abandoning thousands of American soldiers just to stay in Stalin's favor was more than typical of Franklin Roosevelt.

"On May 12, 1945, five days after V-E Day, the AP filed a startling news report from Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (SHAEF): “Nearly half of the estimated 200,000 British and 76,000 American prisoners of war still in Germany are believed to be within the Russian zone of occupation and Supreme Headquarters has twice requested a meeting or an arrangement to arrange their return.”
Do you even read or comprehend your cut and paste? Do you realize that FDR had been for a month before your "startling news"? You are cutting and pasting about things that happened after FDR had died.

So...why are you back?

This:

Do you even read or comprehend your cut and paste? Do you realize that FDR had been for a month before your "startling news"? You are cutting and pasting about things that happened after FDR had died.

"Do you realize that FDR had been for a month before your "startling news"? You are cutting and pasting about things that happened after FDR had died."

Before his death:
March 3, 1945, FDR cables Stalin to request 'urgently' for American teams to evacuate American prisoners of war 'liberated' by the Red Army

Before his death:
"...concerning the question of prisoners of war....on the territory of Poland and other places liberated by the Red Army, there are no groups of American prisoners of war...."
"My Dear Mr. Stalin: The Complete Correspondence of Franklin D. Roosevelt and Joseph V. Stalin," by Susan Butler, Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. p. 299

Stalin told the British the same thing about 20,000-30,000 British ex-prisoners. "The Iron Cage," by Nigel Cawthorne, p. 5

I notice I've forced you to stop lying about the numbers of American soldiers he abandoned to Stalin's gulags.
It's not 17.....is it.

His responsibility did not end with his death.
The policies continued.

In 1992 President Bush got Yeltsin to admit that FDR's pal Stalin kept thousands of Americans prison.

Admit it.

So...why are you back?

"Your conspiracy theory is that FDR was responsible for everything, even after he died. Your own link refutes your claims you dope."

Let's see.....

Oh, so now you are changing your story. It was not FDR that abandoned those men in your conspiracy theory, he caused the problem, and it wasn't the Truman administration, Truman was still ruled by FDR from the grave. And Eisenhower as the head of the authority holding repatriation discussions was also ruled by FDR from the grave and was afraid to argue with the dead corpse of FDR about leaving behind his soldiers.

So...why are you back?

Let's see.....

Oh, so now you are changing your story. It was not FDR that abandoned those men in your conspiracy theory, he caused the problem, and it wasn't the Truman administration, Truman was still ruled by FDR from the grave. And Eisenhower as the head of the authority holding repatriation discussions was also ruled by FDR from the grave and was afraid to argue with the dead corpse of FDR about leaving behind his soldiers.

Stop lying.

Before his death:

Before his death:

It's not 17.....is it.

In 1992 President Bush got Yeltsin to admit that FDR's pal Stalin kept thousands of Americans prison.
Prove it. Provide a news account of Yeltsin admitting in 1992 that Stalin kept thousands of Americans. That would have been front page news.
I know exactly what Yeltsin was talking about and when he made the comment that you are lying about.

[

It's not 17.....is it.
Liar. I never said that. The 17 I mentioned were in the correspondence you referenced and referred to prisoners not registered to be released in Odessa because they were held in military hospitals in Poland.

Prove it. Provide a news account of Yeltsin admitting in 1992 that Stalin kept thousands of Americans. That would have been front page news.
I know exactly what Yeltsin was talking about and when he made the comment that you are lying about.

If I prove it.....will you admit that you lie every day in an attempt to shield Roosevelt from well-deserved contumely?

[

It's not 17.....is it.
Liar. I never said that. The 17 I mentioned were in the correspondence you referenced and referred to prisoners not registered to be released in Odessa because they were held in military hospitals in Poland.

".... The 17 I mentioned ...."

Case closed.

The source of all FDR-hatred comes from the way FDR squashed the Nazis.

Scratch an FDR-hater, find a Nazi-symp. There's no need to investigate further. Butthurt Nazis just aren't worth the effort.

The source of all FDR-hatred comes from the way FDR squashed the Nazis.

Scratch an FDR-hater, find a Nazi-symp. There's no need to investigate further. Butthurt Nazis just aren't worth the effort.

Nazis and communists are doctrinal cousins.

They both aim for the very same things Franklin Roosevelt and you aim for.

You know that.....don't you?

FDR-hatred comes from a love of America.

Bet you know that, too.

If I prove it.....will you admit that you lie every day in an attempt to shield Roosevelt from well-deserved contumely?
You told a blatant lie claiming Yeltsin admitted Stalin kept thousands of Americans. Prove it or crawl back under your rock.

You told a blatant lie claiming Yeltsin admitted Stalin kept thousands of Americans. Prove it or crawl back under your rock.

I never lie...and it seems you recognize it.

'Else you'd take me up on this deal:

You can run, but you can't hide.
So saith the Brown Bomber.

Forum List

Back