ron paul

wimpy77

Jan 21, 2009
you know the more i hear ron paul the more i like. this guy believes we should legalize pot. he thinks that pot should be like alcohol and that the prohibition of alcohol failed and that making pot illegal hasn't done anything either plus we can tax it and make money.

Considering who handles Pot sales, are you prepared to welcome those people into legitimite business?

Do you think they would allow corporations to take their product away from them?

The leagalize drugs argument never seems to mention these things.

Considering who handles Pot sales, are you prepared to welcome those people into legitimite business?

Do you think they would allow corporations to take their product away from them?

Al Capone didn't keep Budweiser and Jim Bean from going back in business.

Bogus argument.

Those things had been sold leagally in the US in the past, perhaps you can tell us when Pot was?

Yes. The pot dealers I know have respectable 9-5 jobs and sell weed to supplement their income. They aren't scumbags.

I hope not.

Bogus argument.

Those things had been sold leagally in the US in the past, perhaps you can tell us when Pot was?

Anytime prior to 1936 it was legal, hemp was bought and sold also. It was legal to grow hemp during WWll and even supported by our government.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY]YouTube - Hemp For Victory[/ame]

In Northen California medical marijuana shops are legally openand people are growing it, this was on CNBC just a night or so ago. MJ is sold on the internet now in Amsterdam, you can google. People can buy plants and grow it if it were legal, the underworld would be overwhelmed by so many legal outlets. I'm not saying there would be zero illegal activity anymore however it would be greatly diminished imho.:cool:

The war on drugs is a waste of money and time. If people want to hurt themselves with drugs then that's their perogative. As to the "shady drug dealers" becoming legitimate businessmen if drugs became legalized, why would that happen? If you can go down to the store and buy weed with a reputable business why would you continue to do back-alley deals with potentially dangerous individuals? The war on drugs keeps these people in business.

Bogus argument.

Anytime prior to 1936 it was legal, hemp was bought and sold also. It was legal to grow hemp during WWll and even supported by our government.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY]YouTube - Hemp For Victory[/ame]

In Northen California medical marijuana shops are legally openand people are growing it, this was on CNBC just a night or so ago. MJ is sold on the internet now in Amsterdam, you can google. People can buy plants and grow it if it were legal, the underworld would be overwhelmed by so many legal outlets. I'm not saying there would be zero illegal activity anymore however it would be greatly diminished imho.:cool:
Those are not US markets, and hemp is not pot.

As i said, bogus argument.

So, since you favor a leagal drug trade, you also obviously favor smoking, since pot does significantly more damage to the lungs then tobacco.

Will you begin to campaign for cigarettes to again be wide spread?

Bogus argument.

Those are not US markets, and hemp is not pot.

As i said, bogus argument.

So, since you favor a leagal drug trade, you also obviously favor smoking, since pot does significantly more damage to the lungs then tobacco.

Will you begin to campaign for cigarettes to again be wide spread?

Cigarettes are and have been legal, it's a lot more addictive than most other drugs, cigarette use has declined perhaps because of people more educated about it's often lethal effects. I watched my Dad draw his last breath due to lung cancer, I would not wish that misery on my worst enemy,let alone a loved one however I will fight for their right to abuse their own body if they choose, I mean, obesity kills more than MJ, you want to outlaw Burger King?:lol:

Cigarettes are and have been legal, it's a lot more addictive than most other drugs, cigarette use has declined perhaps because of people more educated about it's often lethal effects. I watched my Dad draw his last breath due to lung cancer, I would not wish that misery on my worst enemy,let alone a loved one however I will fight for their right to abuse their own body if they choose, I mean, obesity kills more than MJ, you want to outlaw Burger King?:lol:

So you favor letting people destroy themselves, because it hasn't been handled well in the past.

Interesting.

So you favor letting people destroy themselves, because it hasn't been handled well in the past.

Interesting.

True liberty would be allowing people to make their own mistakes, especially considering that the war on drugs is clearly a failure.

Interesting.

So we can assume that you are in favor of banning cigarettes, fast food, and things of that nature because they are bad for you and in the long run can lead to complications that can kill you?

Interesting.

Freedom is messy, I don't pretend to think we can be all our brother's keepers, we can be free or we can go the route of Mao,Stalin or the Mideastern countries to accomplish what you want, I prefer freedom with some destroying themselves personally.

Interesting.

So we can assume that you are in favor of banning cigarettes, fast food, and things of that nature because they are bad for you and in the long run can lead to complications that can kill you?
I see, this the part where you spout totally absurd nonsense to support the unsupportable.

Drugs fuck you up, in mind, body and spirt.

Just because law enforcement hasn't handled this correctly does not mean you just say to hell with it.

Freedom is messy, I don't pretend to think we can be all our brother's keepers,
So you are down with me kicking your ass and stealing your stuff, got it.

Have to do it because I'm free, no law is stopping me.

we can be free or we can go the route of Mao,Stalin or the Mideastern countries to accomplish what you want
A rediculous comment, where did you learn this style of posting, sesame street?

This isn't kiddy land, leave such ludicrous comments at the door, as if having laws equate you to being mao or Stalin, only a fool would make such a comment! :lol:

I prefer freedom with some destroying themselves personally.
It appears you prefer anarchy, happily, most people have more sense then you do.

Freedom is messy, I don't pretend to think we can be all our brother's keepers,
So you are down with me kicking your ass and stealing your stuff, got it.

Have to do it because I'm free, no law is stopping me.

we can be free or we can go the route of Mao,Stalin or the Mideastern countries to accomplish what you want
A rediculous comment, where did you learn this style of posting, sesame street?

This isn't kiddy land, leave such ludicrous comments at the door, as if having laws equate you to being mao or Stalin, only a fool would make such a comment! :lol:

I prefer freedom with some destroying themselves personally.
It appears you prefer anarchy, happily, most people have more sense then you do.

You enjoy being uncivil don't you.:cuckoo: Kicking my ass would mean your committing an act of aggression against someone else, you may succeed,you may get arrested or you may be six foot under due to your ignorance, I guess it depends on who you attack.

I don't prefer anarchy, I prefer you be the adult and take care of your own body, if you are stupid enough to eat too much,drink too much,smoke cigarettes or do drugs, why should I care, having said that, no government benefits such as free health care or rehab either and if you get out and harm someone, you are responsible and suffer the consequences. What is so hard to understand about that , you a liberal?:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back