Ron Paul the racist

Yeah... Aside from not being Bright enough to NOT stand in front of that Flag and Speak, I don't get the "Racist" call...

Someone want to Quote Paul?...

He's a Boob, don't get me Wrong, but I Tire of the Regurgitation of "Racist" by Dishonest Liberals.

Substance to the Claim, Please.

:)

peace...

How about this flag?

ku%2Bklux%2Bklan.jpg

racism+2.jpg

american-cities-127.jpg

superman-vs-kkk.jpg

He's deflecting because his candidate is a flat out racist and doesn't even try and hide it. This has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with secession.

He's a tool, that's all.

:lol:

Hmm..Secessionist or Racist?

Which quality would be better for a US president?

So hard to choose. :lol:

Shallow is just mad because Obama proved himself a definite and complete racist. So in order to validate himself, he has to attack someone else. Typical communist/fascist. We expect nothing less from them.

The scary thing is that we are talking to Ron Paul at all, and including him in debates.

Typical communist/fascist rhetoric. Translation: He doesn't want big government and consolidated power, so he should be excluded from participation because we fascists don't agree.

I love it when basically ignorant libertarian parrots just rant and stamp their widdle feet while proudly braying their willful ignorance and denial as righteous facts. :lol:

1- Examples are just that...EXAMPLES of the theme or substance of a larger item. Here's a more elaborate article on Paul's newsletter. Note it gives where one can get the periodical record for the newsletter:

Ron Paul: a history of documented racism

The only parrot around here is you, Mr. Taichi Idiot. There is no link to ANY of these supposed racist newsletters. You're a liar, and a damned poor one at that. Your 'article' is nothing more than a re-hashed version of every hit piece to come before it. I will take one of those 'items' and ask you to engage just a couple of those overworked brain cells for a minute.
See folks, the article I sourced gave quotes and referenced the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society Library as the source. To date, neither Paul nor his people have denied the accuracy of the quotes, he just tries to blow it off as inconsequential. But Paul acolytes will deny anything unless it's the genuine article. Well then, let's watch Guy do the denial dance on this:

******Et tu, Mr. Destructo?: Game Over: Scans of Over 50 Ron Paul Newsletters

When Ronald Reagan signed the Martin Luther King Holiday bill into law, Paul wrote, “What an infamy Ronald Reagan approved it!” He added, “We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.”
In reality, Paul has noted King as one of his heroes on many occasions. Indeed, one of the very few times that the Congressman has ever voted for something that is not explicitly authorized in the Constitution, it was for America to recognize Martin Luther King Day as a public holiday.

The fact that, as Politifact documents, “in the late 1970s and early 1980s, (Paul) voted….to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday on the third Monday in January,” before any of the newsletters were published, proves that the newsletters were written by other people and did not represent the views of Paul himself.

Which does NOTHING to negate the FACTS that Paul's newsletters carried EVERY anti-King slur and diatribe one could image. Don't take my word for it...READ IT FOR YOURSELF and see the duplicitous nature of Ron Paul

******Et tu, Mr. Destructo?: Game Over: Scans of Over 50 Ron Paul Newsletters

2 - And as we see, our Libertarian lunkhead fully drinks from the same trough as Limbaugh/Hannity/Kristol, and the rest of the neocon/teabagger crowd. Someone pull this simpleton aside and educate him on the true status of Social Security (note that Guy DID NOT acknowledge my point regarding the usage of Soc Sec as a budget subsidy, which it WAS NOT designed for). Here, Sen. Bernie Sanders educates the masses: NYC Educator: Bernie Sanders on Social Security

Bernie Sanders didn't bother in his 15 minute speech to tell anyone that the Social Security Trust Fund is full of nothing but I.O.U.'s. Our sleazy politicians have drained that fund of assets and replaced them with nothing but empty promises. In fact, Dr. Paul introduced a bill in Congress to STOP the government from spending it, but sadly and typically, he was ignored. Here's a little something to chew on from Forbes magazine... Like I said, broke as a joke.

Here’s how President Barack Obama answered CBS’s Scott Pelley’s question about whether he could guarantee that Social Security checks would go out on August 3, the day after the government is supposed to reach its debt limit: “I cannot guarantee that those checks [he included veterans and the disabled, in addition to Social Security] go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it.”

And Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner echoed the president on CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday implying that if a budget deal isn’t reached by August 2, seniors might not get their Social Security checks.

Well, either Obama and Geithner are lying to us now, or they and all defenders of the Social Security status quo have been lying to us for decades. It must be one or the other.

Here’s why: Social Security has a trust fund, and that trust fund is supposed to have $2.6 trillion in it, according to the Social Security trustees. If there are real assets in the trust fund, then Social Security can mail the checks, regardless of what Congress does about the debt limit.

President Obama’s budget director, Jack Lew, explained all this last February in USA Today:

“Social Security benefits are entirely self-financing. They are paid for with payroll taxes collected from workers and their employers throughout their careers. These taxes are placed in a trust fund dedicated to paying benefits owed to current and future beneficiaries. … Even though Social Security began collecting less in taxes than it paid in benefits in 2010, the trust fund will continue to accrue interest and grow until 2025, and will have adequate resources to pay full benefits for the next 26 years.”

Notice that Lew said nothing about raising the debt ceiling, which was already looming, and it shouldn’t matter anyway because Social Security is “entirely self-financing” and off budget. What could be clearer?

Unconvinced, syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer wrote a subsequent column questioning Lew’s assertions. “This [Lew’s] claim is a breathtaking fraud. The pretense is that a flush trust fund will pay retirees for the next 26 years. Lovely, except for one thing: The Social Security trust fund is a fiction. … In other words, the Social Security trust fund contains—nothing.”

Social Security status-quo defenders have assured us for the past 25 years that Social Security is fully funded—for the next 25 years, or 2036. So if there are real assets in the Social Security Trust Fund—$2.6 trillion allegedly—then how could failure to reach a debt-ceiling agreement possibly threaten seniors’ Social Security checks?

The answer is that the federal government has borrowed all of that trust fund money and spent it, exactly as Krauthammer asserted. And the only way the trust fund can get some cash to pay Social Security benefits is if the federal government draws it from general revenues or borrows the money—which, of course, it can’t do because of the debt ceiling.
Like I said, broke as a joke.

You didn't listen to the first 5 minutes of the speech...because the whole neocon mantra that Soc Sec is broke is a LIE.

Daily Kos: Social Security is NOT in Crisis. What the 2010 Trustees Report Says About It

And obviously Guy only read articles in Forbes that he agrees with...as opposed to this one:

Why Social Security Cannot Go Bankrupt - Forbes

Obama was referring to the Party of No's blockage and determination to ensure that Soc. Sec. fails....or do you forget the various attempts by the GOP to hold up the gov't of late? If the GOP holds up the gov't NOTHING gets done....that is NOT an indication that Soc Sec is insolvent. Guy you're so damned dishonest (or stupid) that you attempt to distort and lie about what has been said is pathetic.

C'mon Guy, your collection of neocon pundits parroting variations of the SOS just IGNORES facts that you don't like. Pathetic.

3 - Guy, like every other libertarian parrot who is willfully ignorant on the subject he squawks about, plays games regarding the Preamble and 9th Amendment with regards to healthcare. Let me educated the dullard:

Preamble To the Constitution of the U.S.A
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

9th Amendment
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

So if Guy thinks that HEALTH is separate from "general welfare", then he needs a refresher course in civics.

I would imagine an explanation of the term 'common defense and general welfare' would be most appropriate if given by one of the men who wrote it. Since James Madison isn't here to educate you himself, let me just highlight some of his words. I'll provide a link to the entire letter below...
Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1: James Madison to Andrew Stevenson Please feel free to read the whole letter if those few brain cells aren't already worn out.
You can imagine all you want but nothing you linked changes the FACTS regarding Admendment 9 and the Preamble and what they represent and refer to.

And Puh-Leeze stop ignoring this from Section 8, "... provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States"

Yeah, Madison didn't like the inference....yet to date the federal gov't with it's checks & balances has NOT become Cold War East Germany. Deal with it.

Only rabid neocons and Libertarian Lunkheads try to keep the federal gov't from operating for the good of the people by regulating health insurance companies to do right by them. Just ask Dr. Peelo.

4 - Anyone with an 8th grade education can follow the "logic" of Paul's idealism and come to the conclusion that it renders the very purpose of the federal gov't almost obsolete, save for maintaining the military. Case in point, the laughable BS Paul spews when he speaks against the Civil Rights Act of 1964....

Ron Paul says he would have opposed 1964 Civil Rights Act !!! // Current TV

Poor Guy.....wasting his time trying to justify BS that the rest of the country knows is BS, as Paul and his son confirms when pressed for details.
The logic of Paul's idealism is to put the Federal government back in the box that was created for it by our Founders. The fact that you support it's extreme over-reach only illustrates to me how little you really understand about what our Founders created.

Here is Ron Paul's opinion of the Civil Rights Act, in his own words...
Ron Paul: Mr. Speaker, I rise to explain my objection to H.Res. 676. I certainly join my colleagues in urging Americans to celebrate the progress this country has made in race relations. However, contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.

This expansion of federal power was based on an erroneous interpretation of the congressional power to regulate interstate commerce. The framers of the Constitution intended the interstate commerce clause to create a free trade zone among the states, not to give the federal government regulatory power over every business that has any connection with interstate commerce.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business’s workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge’s defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife.

Of course, America has made great strides in race relations over the past forty years. However, this progress is due to changes in public attitudes and private efforts. Relations between the races have improved despite, not because of, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

In conclusion, Mr. Speaker, while I join the sponsors of H.Res. 676 in promoting racial harmony and individual liberty, the fact is the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not accomplish these goals. Instead, this law unconstitutionally expanded federal power, thus reducing liberty. Furthermore, by prompting raced-based quotas, this law undermined efforts to achieve a color-blind society and increased racial strife. Therefore, I must oppose H.Res. 676.

How's that ass feel now, dipshit?

Hey folks, after all the smoke and bluster, what's the bottom line to Paul's BS? If you own a diner that SERVES THE PUBLIC, and you are a bigot or a racist, you can freely discriminate against a certain group of people because it's your "private property".

Yeah, that shit was around for a few centuries along with a plethora of other excuses and justifications by/for bigots and racists. Then people got their act together and told the racist/bigtots that this is America and we don't discriminate against citizens because we want to. TFB if Guy and company don't like that.

Last edited:
Only white liberals call paul racist

That's silly. If you listen to hannity and his crew of white ignorant neocon followers, you will see they yelled with glee when those Newsletters came out. All they did was call him a racist. I personally know more white and black liberals who actually like Ron Paul and would vote for him over the rest of those neocon and social conservative pigs running for the republican nomination.

Still waiting for your link on Ron Paul saying he would have voted against the civil rights bill.

And you have a link for the Sanders/Waters (I actually believe you-I just couldn't find anything with a quick Google search).

I have to wonder where have you been regarding Paul's duplicitous nature regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Note the following:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMCwr72Dig]Lawrence O'Donnell Educates Ron Paul on Civil Rights Act - YouTube[/ame]

Ron Paul says he would have opposed 1964 Civil Rights Act !!! // Current TV

As for Sanders and Waters, check their individual websites. I can't do ALL your homework for you, ya know!

-Find the quote in the interview where Paul says he would not have voted for the 1964 civil rights act. Yes he says there were portions he thought potentially violated property rights (but that there were also portions that he agreed with). If you, post the exact time in the video (or the exact time in the 2nd part of the interview)-where he specifically says he would not have voted for it. I'll be waiting. Digesting everything in context is key.

For example at 4:38 of this video (an extended version of the video you posted...gee I wonder why you didn't post the whole thing?) Ron Paul says we should have repealed the Jim Crow Laws:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ8azMKI3m0&feature=related]Ron Paul vs Lawrence O'Donnell pt. 2 - YouTube[/ame]

-So he agreed with repealing the Jim Crow Laws, talks about about blacks being executed more than whites (specifically rich whites), sponsors a bill that balances the unbalance conviction penalties of crack (used more by blacks) vs cocaine (used more by whites), calls out fellow Republicans for (and I quote) "hating Muslims", isn't a birther....and this is the person you're going to honestly call racist? Really? Now do you see why it's laughable?

-Aad as I expected if you actually watch the interview with Paul he clearly says he's all for getting rid of the unconstitutional laws in states that were a part of the Civil Rights Act.

-Now a question for you...O'Donnell says that if it wasn't for "activist liberal government" (his words-not mine), that segregation would still exist today. Do you agree or disagree with that statement?

-Finally, I never asked for you to "do my homework" I asked you to back up your statements. BIG difference. Somebody who's reluctant to show actual evidence to their stances...there's usually a reason as to why. I never make statements of fact (not opinions) without backing them up with some sort of proof. It's not my "homework" to fact-check your statements. That's yours.

You're not "fact checking" you're playing the same word games that Paul try to put through. What you fail to realize is that it doesn't work for Paul and it sure as hell doesn't work when you repeat it.

How in the hell can Paul be against a federal law and then say he would have voted for a federal law to prevent the vary same system?

WITHOUT THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964, "Jim Crow" laws were still an initiative of the individual State...Paul would have been voted down in his State could he have voted against any Jim Crow-ish law that existed. So Paul is full of it as usual......it took a FEDERAL LAW to guarantee the civil rights of American citizen's in EVERY STATE. Paul's convoluted logic to defend his bias is a fucking joke.......his "logic" is that a person who owns property has the right to discriminate against another American citizen for any reason. Ergo, the "white only" policies that permeated this country would still exist in many states under Paul's libertarian lunacy.

No matter how you try to avoid it, the conclusions of Paul's rhetoric are the same...the maintaining of racist/bigoted enterprises in America. To play the game, "well he didn't say those exact words" is just that, a game.....because by the same token, Paul didn't say he would have voted for it, now he did he? No one but libertarian toadies would buy into Paul's double talk.

Your cite sources aren't what you claim. You fail.

You're a liar.

Paul and his people have to date NEVER DENIED THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE QUOTES, they just claim Paul was unaware of them.

So if Paul is indeed that incompetant to trust his name and creation to others without checking the content, he's an even BIGGER hypocrit for decrying the content yet collecting the profit made from it's sales.

To date, neither YOU or any other libertarian/neocon/teabagger clown can prove the source material is false or incorrect. You need to take a step back and THINK before you parrot Paul's BS...makes you look less silly.

I'm guessing you posted that site without bothering to read through the whole thing. If you had you would have come to the same conclusion I posted several pages ago. The 'racist shit' that's already out there is the only racist shit there is, unless you consider speaking uncomfortable truths as 'racist'. Is it your contention that any time a white person criticizes the black community it is racism? If so, tough shit, it ain't!

Ron Paul is not a racist. He respects all Americans equally. Regarless of race, gender, creed, felony record, etc.

I'm guessing you posted that site without bothering to read through the whole thing. If you had you would have come to the same conclusion I posted several pages ago. The 'racist shit' that's already out there is the only racist shit there is, unless you consider speaking uncomfortable truths as 'racist'. Is it your contention that any time a white person criticizes the black community it is racism? If so, tough shit, it ain't!

Once again, Guy cannot logically and factually disprove or refute the information in my link, so instead he bluffs and blusters, trying to pass off his opinions, supposition and conjecture as fact. I sincerely doubt that Guy even read the information through, because it DOCUMENTS the many newsletter articles (that carried Ron Paul's name and made money for his political organization) that contain racist/bigoted rants. In short folks, Guy is just another willfully ignorant libertarian flunky.

The chronology of the post clearly shows my countering Guy on several key points, and how Guy just either ignores what he doesn't like or lies about what has transpired. I defy Guy to logically and factually disprove the information provided in the above link.....if not he can go blow smoke up some other Libertarian's ass.

Oh, and by the by, when is Guy going to man-up and give an honest response to this

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4880227-post106.html

I'll wait.

Last edited:
.it took a FEDERAL LAW to guarantee the civil rights of American citizen's in EVERY STATE. .

Bullshit fucktard. The federal government is a continuing criminal enterprise.

Explain what happened to the Davidians Civil and Constitutional rights?

No stonewalling, no evasive answers, no propaganda bullshit.

Hey folks, after all the smoke and bluster, what's the bottom line to Paul's BS? If you own a diner that SERVES THE PUBLIC, and you are a bigot or a racist, you can freely discriminate against a certain group of people because it's your "private property".

Yeah, that shit was around for a few centuries along with a plethora of other excuses and justifications by/for bigots and racists. Then people got their act together and told the racist/bigtots that this is America and we don't discriminate against citizens because we want to. TFB if Guy and company don't like that.
[/QUOTE]

Who said a private business serves the public? The federal government overstepped its bounds by forcing people to do business with those they might not choose to. They removed the ability to choose and this is by definition a limitation upon our freedom. You can argue that it was a just limitation and I might agree but some might say that if the give the government an inch then they will take a mile.

To argue that it is racist to question the validity of a law that limits our freedoms just because on the surface it supposed to promote better race relations is ludicrous. Can we not even discuss anything regarding race anymore? How about we admit that maybe the law wasn't perfect and that it could be tweaked to make it better. Sometimes having integrity and principles means making hard choices. Choices that at first might seem heartless or callous but if you truly understand the basis on which those principles are founded, then you understand that there is something more valuable at stake. The real issue here is that the federal government made a power grab and it has been doing so more and more often ever since. Ron Paul has been a champion of individual liberty for decades and has been fighting for the rights of ALL people. Not just blacks or whites or whoever but everyone.

He actually didn't really even say he wouldn't have voted for it. What he said was he wouldn't have voted for it AS WRITTEN. Those two words are very important and change the whole context of the sentence. In other words he might have voted for a different version. The fact that you consistently leave those words off speaks values about your integrity and honesty in this discussion.

You will never see the other side of this issue so I will no longer speak to you on this. You have been proven wrong time and again and you keep asking for proof that he didn't know. Well the burden of proof is on the accuser and I will put Ron Paul's integrity next to anyone's. He has disavowed the statements, he has said he didn't write them. he doesn't lie even when it hurts him so I believe him until I have reason not to. You haven't presented any. In fact most of what you have cited is from blogs and opinion pieces that make the same claims and cite other blogs and opinion pieces. It's a house of cards and it is tiresome because you have already made up your mind. The only reason I even engaged you on this is to prevent you from poisoning the minds of others with your misinformation and outright lies.

Forum List

Back