Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

If you have no problem with your tax dollars going to aid them then you'd have no problem donating to them of your own free will. Not to mention that he's absolutely right that they should have insurance to cover them.

In many cases, the insurance is so outrageously expensive that they can't afford it.

Not only am I absolutely ok with my tax dollars going to help my fellow Americans, I've also donated to the Red Cross in each state affected. That's the Christian thing, and the American thing to do.

Yeah, well where I live homeowners insurance is mandatory, and I live in Illinois, so that means those struck in Illinois are all covered.

If you have no problem with your tax dollars going to aid them then you'd have no problem donating to them of your own free will. Not to mention that he's absolutely right that they should have insurance to cover them.

In many cases, the insurance is so outrageously expensive that they can't afford it.

Not only am I absolutely ok with my tax dollars going to help my fellow Americans, I've also donated to the Red Cross in each state affected. That's the Christian thing, and the American thing to do.

That's your prerogative. Market forces push prices down, so we'd have to look into why the insurance is so expensive.

The actual financial aid that Red Cross provides is minimal to say the least and only for emergency related needs. Their funds are all donated and primarily are used for those without insurance. If any big bucks come, they come through FEMA.

Bullshit..

The big bucks come from good people..

Glenn Beck just made a massive donation...

Most of the funds come from a collective that donate what they can. 5 bucks here 10 bucks there and 100 bucks here and there add up pretty quick.

Oh well. Get another job to pay for it.

I am not saying I don't support aid, of course helping hands and dollars should exist. But I don't have any sympathy because they can't afford insurance. They should take responsibility for their lives.

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

Sounds pretty logical to me, which is perhaps why you're having such a problem with it. Again, should they or should they not have home insurance to cover their losses?

I would have to see the home insurance policy. They have a way of not covering natural disasters

The key is, events like these go beyond what an individual is able to cover. Federal aid is needed to repair roads, bridges, schools and other public infrastructure

Paul once again demonstrates why we could not survive his presidency

Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid | 11alive.com

Nuts. My heart goes out to the people in tornado alley and I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Why is it we always seem to have enough money to blow the shit out of, invade, destroy and then eventually even REBUILD for those people in other countries, but we can't even help out our own citizens on our own soil?

Well Ron Paul opposes all of that as well, so not really applicable to him.

Then they shouldn't live there. Home owner's insurance is not that expensive unless you live in an area prone to a disaster, in which case you should pay more.

Americans are incredibly generous to private charities when disasters strike. When Katrina hit millions and millions of dollars in donations poured into New Orleans and charities like the Red Cross and others, not to mention people who actually traveled down there and volunteered their time. On the other hand, FEMA went into New Orleans and interfered with the operations of many of the charitable organizations and fucked a lot of things up. Shocking, I know.

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

Sounds pretty logical to me, which is perhaps why you're having such a problem with it. Again, should they or should they not have home insurance to cover their losses?

I would have to see the home insurance policy. They have a way of not covering natural disasters

The key is, events like these go beyond what an individual is able to cover. Federal aid is needed to repair roads, bridges, schools and other public infrastructure

Paul once again demonstrates why we could not survive his presidency

He's not referring to roads, bridges, schools, or other "public" infrastructure, however.

Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid | 11alive.com

Nuts. My heart goes out to the people in tornado alley and I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Why is it we always seem to have enough money to blow the shit out of, invade, destroy and then eventually even REBUILD for those people in other countries, but we can't even help out our own citizens on our own soil?

And what about you? And the others on here who seem to agree with Ron Paul's sentiments concerning these AMERICAN tornado victims?

Ron Paul is not quite bright. He's right in some ways but it doesn't translate into being right across the board. This isn't like someone's house burning down and they make an insurance claim. Everything is gone, the entire infrastructure is gone. Even if someone has insurance to cover their loss, that won't extend to the roads, power lines, sewers, public buildings.

The problem with this regime is aid is not distributed equally. Democrats get it, minorities get it, white republican jurisdictions don't. Aid is now patronage, good party members get it.

They shouldn't be getting government aid. Instead, we as people need to be taking up our responsibility to help them of our own free will. Not through the use of force in government.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

And what about you? And the others on here who seem to agree with Ron Paul's sentiments concerning these AMERICAN tornado victims?

What about me? I don't want to murder foreigners either.

So, when Governor Piyush Jindal was lambasting Obama and FEMA for not doing enough to help with the Gulof oil disaster, was he being a RINO? Unpatriotic? What?

uhm

Obama kept ships away that could have helped.

he prevented citizens from helping.

that's right

obama made it worse, then gave money to future failing green companies.

So, when Governor Piyush Jindal was lambasting Obama and FEMA for not doing enough to help with the Gulof oil disaster, was he being a RINO? Unpatriotic? What?

Why would you call him a RINO? That infers that the Republican Party believes in limited government and that he's bucking their agenda. The GOP doesn't believe in limited government. Jindal ran to the feds like everyone else does when the going gets tough. People claim they want the government out of their lives, but the moment something bad happens to them, who do they run to?

uhm

Obama kept ships away that could have helped.

he prevented citizens from helping.

that's right

obama made it worse, then gave money to future failing green companies.

Nice attempt at deflection. Now, please try to focus and actually answer the question this time, will ya?

Why would you call him a RINO? That infers that the Republican Party believes in limited government and that he's bucking their agenda. The GOP doesn't believe in limited government. Jindal ran to the feds like everyone else does when the going gets tough. People claim they want the government out of their lives, but the moment something bad happens to them, who do they run to?

So, you agree with Paul, that the government should have left it up to the localities to clean up their mess?

Forum List

Back