Ron Paul on OBL's Death

I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

I’m really looking forward to the primaries if Ron decides to run.

YouTube - Floor Speech May 4 2011

I really don't admire the term 'Independent' when it comes to politics. You're either principled, or you aren't.

The way that 'Independents' is used by the media and political pundits is that these people will switch on a dime due to 'POPULAR' consent...

And again? You are either principled, or you aren't...despite what's POPULAR...

Being 'Independent' is LACK of party affiliation BASED upon principles...despite what's POPULAR...

MOST of what we see and hear is Populist/Partisan yaksqueeze...alot for an independent-minded person to overcome...

*NOT*

Wrong. Being independent means those who have no particular party they grovel with, they will choose whichever they believe will do what needs done.
I don't give a damn what is popular.
Just speaking for myself, anyway.

I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

I really don't admire the term 'Independent' when it comes to politics. You're either principled, or you aren't.

The way that 'Independents' is used by the media and political pundits is that these people will switch on a dime due to 'POPULAR' consent...

And again? You are either principled, or you aren't...despite what's POPULAR...

Being 'Independent' is LACK of party affiliation BASED upon principles...despite what's POPULAR...

MOST of what we see and hear is Populist/Partisan yaksqueeze...alot for an independent-minded person to overcome...

*NOT*

Wrong. Being independent means those who have no particular party they grovel with, they will choose whichever they believe will do what needs done.
I don't give a damn what is popular.
Just speaking for myself, anyway.

I agree.

I consider myself independent but I'm still very conservative. Does the Republican party support conservatism, no... how about the Democrat party, no. Platforms change and I will go to the one that suits my beliefs the best.

Being white is unpopular?

Are you joking?

Please don't focus on that one word... Yes for many it's a horrible thing to be white and a politician, do you deny this? I however was simply pushing the idea that Ron Paul is not "hip." He is not Female, not overly charismatic and so on, he lacks the “wow, new, bling” factor.

I hope that helps answer your question of what I meant.

Yes, he's not hip but it's better to be a white politician in America than any other race. That should be as obvious as stating water is wet.

He'd get my vote

Are you joking?

Please don't focus on that one word... Yes for many it's a horrible thing to be white and a politician, do you deny this? I however was simply pushing the idea that Ron Paul is not "hip." He is not Female, not overly charismatic and so on, he lacks the “wow, new, bling” factor.

being white and a politician is not "a horrible thing". being a white supremacist is.

ron paul isn't electable for a lot of reasons.... none of which have to do with him being white given he's a repub.... which is what? 90% white?

You know... if it weren't for the "fuck you if you can't make it" stance of the Libertarians? I'd be one.

I am sorry, there are people in this country that Can't make it. I work with a bunch of them(developmentally disabled). There are also people with psychiatric issues, physical handicaps that are too difficult to overcome, and cultural issues that need addressed.

I will speak on the latter, because they are the ones that can actually change. The generationally poor in our country need the most help... not in the current way we are doing it. In fact, I think they ought to be forced to work for their benefits. We have collapsing bridges, poor water systems, roads that are crumbling. Let's get those people on those jobs.... yes through the government dime, yes through the taxpayers money. But we will be training and empowering them far more than handing them a check will ever do.

Why do I go off topic in this thread? Because the Social aspect of Libertarianism is the only thing holding me back from changing my affiliation. In Short, I like Ron Paul... I just don't agree with all of his ideology, and I'd rather err on the side of our least than our most.

Are you joking?

being white and a politician is not "a horrible thing". being a white supremacist is.

ron paul isn't electable for a lot of reasons.... none of which have to do with him being white given he's a repub.... which is what? 90% white?

Thanks for quoting where I said I didn't mean "white" like it was being taken. I must have been to specific what my reasoning for you to grasp.

I don't care if RP is electable, Bush was electable and something tells me you didn't agree with him on much (oddly you agree with Obama even thought they are the same person, but whatever.) *If* Ron Paul won during the primaries the idea that he stands no chance against Obama is laughable. Obama can lose to anyone, that’s simply reality.

Maybe you can give me specifics on what it is you don’t like about Ron Paul or at least what some of these “many reasons” Ron Paul is unelectable.

He's everyone's favorite crazy uncle. Like Kuncinich.

And what makes him crazy?

He is an idealist with unrealistic expectations of how America could operate.
considering people it is just not possible.

Again you have lost me as it seems that you think America can keep operating as it has been... It does not matter if you agree with his cuts of programs and wars it's as simple as we can't afford these programs and wars even if we were to tax the rich at 100%...

I could run for president and declare everyone gets a 1 billion dollar check ever year that I'm president and just have the Feds print it up... That won't work but it's what we are doing on a smaller scale. The problem is that “on a smaller scale” is growing quickly.

So, what is it that Ron Paul wants to do that won’t work compared to what we are doing that is in fact not working?

I like what he said in the vid. But, to be perfectly honest and amored in my best flame suit, I think he is too old now. Hell, I'M old, so it is not really meant as an insult.

What gets me is people say things like he is an idealist as if there has been a president that isn’t.

There is always this list, list of reasons why Ron Paul can’t win but it’s always over there, out of reach and or the person is just not in the mood/to tired to get it. Ron Paul might very well be running for president and with the current batch he stands a very good chance to win during the primaries. Ron Paul is vastly more popular than he was in 2008 when announcing his running for presidency didn’t even make the news, now they would bump their top story to get it in there.

I’m not saying Ron Paul will win the primaries or that he will rox Obama, just that I like him and that video is one of the reasons why. He will be a force to be reckoned with during the primaries if he runs and I’m looking forward to it if he does.

And what makes him crazy?

Again you have lost me as it seems that you think America can keep operating as it has been... It does not matter if you agree with his cuts of programs and wars it's as simple as we can't afford these programs and wars even if we were to tax the rich at 100%...

I could run for president and declare everyone gets a 1 billion dollar check ever year that I'm president and just have the Feds print it up... That won't work but it's what we are doing on a smaller scale. The problem is that “on a smaller scale” is growing quickly.

So, what is it that Ron Paul wants to do that won’t work compared to what we are doing that is in fact not working?

America must change, but what Ron wants will not work either.
I do like many of his ideas though and fully agree with him in his non intervention in foreigh affairs stance.

America must change, but what Ron wants will not work either.
I do like many of his ideas though and fully agree with him in his non intervention in foreigh affairs stance.

Thank you.

Well I like Ron Paul very much too, but feel his views have become too extreme, although I agree with most of them. Too much time and free lunches have passed. Good post. :)

Thanks.

My question is where do you feel RP is too extreme? I here that a lot, “Ron Paul is to extreme in some areas for me” but I’m left wondering what politician isn’t.

I mean, Bush started 2 wars and Obama expanded 1 of Bush’s wars and started 2 new ones while never ending the Iraq war… that to me is extreme.

Bush had Medicare part D and Obama has Obamacare, both extreme.

The list could go on but my point is no politician is perfect and that goes for Ron Paul, but what are these issues that make him “to much” when compared to what we have had?

Too much.....er.......Liberty.

Americans have been enslaved by the welfare/warfare state for so long that if the size of the behemoth was to be slightly reduced the shepple would not know hot to act.

Imagine what would happen if federal bureaucrats stop telling Americans what to think, what to believe, when to eat, when to fuck. They will go crazy. Ron Paul is too extreme.

What gets me is people say things like he is an idealist as if there has been a president that isn’t.

There is always this list, list of reasons why Ron Paul can’t win but it’s always over there, out of reach and or the person is just not in the mood/to tired to get it. Ron Paul might very well be running for president and with the current batch he stands a very good chance to win during the primaries. Ron Paul is vastly more popular than he was in 2008 when announcing his running for presidency didn’t even make the news, now they would bump their top story to get it in there.

I’m not saying Ron Paul will win the primaries or that he will rox Obama, just that I like him and that video is one of the reasons why. He will be a force to be reckoned with during the primaries if he runs and I’m looking forward to it if he does.

he isn't an idealist, he's a hypocrite.

a man who says that earmarks should be outlawed, but never met an earmark he didn'tlike.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress.

someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

a man who says that earmarks should be outlawed, but never met an earmark he didn'tlike.

Actually , he is not a hypocrite. The problem is that you are an ignorant fool:

An earmark is a congressional provision that directs federal agencies to spend funds already authorized on specific projects. If the funds aren’t earmarked, the agencies can spend the money any way they see fit. That is, the executive branch, rather than Congress, will determine how the taxpayer’s money is spent.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress. someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

Can someone dismantle government from the outside?

Actually , he is not a hypocrite. The problem is that you are an ignorant fool:

An earmark is a congressional provision that directs federal agencies to spend funds already authorized on specific projects. If the funds aren’t earmarked, the agencies can spend the money any way they see fit. That is, the executive branch, rather than Congress, will determine how the taxpayer’s money is spent.

a man who says he believes in term limits, but who made a career out of his time in congress. someone who hates government but makes his living off of the government he hates.

Can someone dismantle government from the outside?

someone who hates government shouldn't be running government.

it's like having someone who hates museums be a curator.

but idiots like you don't get it.

nice spin on the hypocrisy. not credible, but nice spin. very 1984-ish

points for honesty though on the intent to dismantle government. . :clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back