Ron Paul on OBL's Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avorysuds, May 4, 2011.

1. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I really hope Ron Paul ends up running as I feel this person can capture both the right, the left’s and even the independents attention in a positive way when it comes to foreign policy.

I like that Ron Paul can understand the importance of OBL’s death while not getting lost in patriotism or the he said she said bull shit.

I know Ron Paul is not the best speaker, not young and he is white… I know these qualities by many today are all considered to be unpopular but I think when looking at his policies and voting record many people will be doing more than voting for a lesser of two evils. Maybe it’s time politics has someone like the band Nirvana; bad at singing and dancing but manages to make something that can’t be ignored.

I’m really looking forward to the primaries if Ron decides to run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCg8HutBqYU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Floor Speech May 4 2011[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    To be more specific Ron Paul is talking about the “now what?”

3. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    Well I like Ron Paul very much too, but feel his views have become too extreme, although I agree with most of them. Too much time and free lunches have passed. Good post. :)

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    he's right about afghanistan and iraq. but neocons don't like hearing that.

as for him being white? er... in over 200 years, we've had one president who isn't white. so i wouldn't go feeling victimized yet if i were you.

5. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Thanks.

My question is where do you feel RP is too extreme? I here that a lot, “Ron Paul is to extreme in some areas for me” but I’m left wondering what politician isn’t.

I mean, Bush started 2 wars and Obama expanded 1 of Bush’s wars and started 2 new ones while never ending the Iraq war… that to me is extreme.

Bush had Medicare part D and Obama has Obamacare, both extreme.

The list could go on but my point is no politician is perfect and that goes for Ron Paul, but what are these issues that make him “to much” when compared to what we have had?

6. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    The bottom line is he is not electable. Since FDR and all of the living off the fruits of other's labors, too many in our society have become "dependent" and Paul's vision of personal accountability is an idea whose time has passed. Too bad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  7. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,231
    To a degree, Bin Laden succeeded. His actions have prompted us to spend Trillions of dollars on the military, security, and intelligence gathering. Not to mention the war in Iraq, which really didn't have anything to do with Bin Laden. If his goal was to leave our economy in shambles, he very nearly did it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Thanks.

My question is where do you feel RP is too extreme? I here that a lot, “Ron Paul is to extreme in some areas for me” but I’m left wondering what politician isn’t.

I mean, Bush started 2 wars and Obama expanded 1 of Bush’s wars and started 2 new ones while never ending the Iraq war… that to me is extreme.

Bush had Medicare part D and Obama has Obamacare, both extreme.

The list could go on but my point is no politician is perfect and that goes for Ron Paul, but what are these issues that make him “to much” when compared to what we have had?

9. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,089
    Being white is unpopular?

Are you joking?

10. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I think it all comes down to what is to come. Will Obama leave Iraq and Afghanistan... Pakistan too?

I believe Obama will campaign on doing all this in 2012+. It seems to me Obama fears the unemployment spike if he pulled the troops out now, but again that's one of the reasons I think he stayed and expanded the wars, to help the UE rate... Send poor people to war is nothing new.