Ron Paul Needs To Drop Out

Well, he's gotta know if he runs as a 3rd party then Obama gets re-elected. Might be some pushback against his son Rand, if that happens. Plus it takes away his libertarian narrative, and changes his entire legacy to one of personal bitterness.

Nonsense. He wouldn't do it out of bitterness, and I'm pretty sure he's not concerned with his son's status. He'll do it if Republicans dismiss the tea-part/libertarian wing of their party - which they'll almost certainly do. From our view, establishment Republicans are no better than establishment Democrats. None of them deserve our votes.

not concerned with his son's status?

really?

the fantasies paulians make up.

Well, he's gotta know if he runs as a 3rd party then Obama gets re-elected. Might be some pushback against his son Rand, if that happens. Plus it takes away his libertarian narrative, and changes his entire legacy to one of personal bitterness.

Nonsense. He wouldn't do it out of bitterness, and I'm pretty sure he's not concerned with his son's status. He'll do it if Republicans dismiss the tea-part/libertarian wing of their party - which they'll almost certainly do. From our view, establishment Republicans are no better than establishment Democrats. None of them deserve our votes.

I don't know that, and neither do you. What I'm talking about is the perception that Ron Paul is a sore loser in the eyes of the public. Right now he's got a shot at leaving a good legacy of a principled campaign for what he believes in. I'm thinking if he runs as a 3rd party then his libertarian message gets somewhat trampled under the story of his influence on the general election.

There is no "tea-party-libertarian" wing. That is a fantasy spun by the wookie-suiters. The Tea Party is still largely pro-defense.

Awesome! They you don't need our votes. And you won't be sobbing and whining afterwards about getting "Nadered" when the Republocrats lose the election right?

There is no "tea-party-libertarian" wing. That is a fantasy spun by the wookie-suiters. The Tea Party is still largely pro-defense.

Awesome! They you don't need our votes. And you won't be sobbing and whining afterwards about getting "Nadered" when the Republocrats lose the election right?

blahblahblah. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

With his pitiful 4th place showing (barely ahead of Herman Cain) and weak perfomances Ron Paul has proven he has "no viable way forward" in this campaign.
He needs to drop out, endorse someone else, and go back to doing what he knows best:running his mouth for his half-crazy supporters.
I ahhhgwee wabbit.
Nobody can possibly run against the policies foisted on murka by the chosen.
He should convert to Jew----izm and profess his full support for the " chosen".
He wouldn't even require a (s)Election.

I don't know that, and neither do you. What I'm talking about is the perception that Ron Paul is a sore loser in the eyes of the public. Right now he's got a shot at leaving a good legacy of a principled campaign for what he believes in. I'm thinking if he runs as a 3rd party then his libertarian message gets somewhat trampled under the story of his influence on the general election.

Hmm... well, it depends on how much the Republicans are willing to change. I'm betting it'll be not much at all, beyond the same tired lip-service. If that's the case, he'd be patently selling-out the libertarian cause to play along. He'll leave a much better legacy by making a stand and walking away (and taking his voters with him).

Even if he doesn't go third party there is going to be a huge push to write him in. If he doesn't get the nom then the GOP is sitting out for 4 more years.

That's one of the reasons he most likely won't run LP.

That and he wants to continue getting his message out, along with amassing enough delegates to do some horse trading at the RNC.

If the people he has been attracting stay in the GOP, it's potentiality going to have a profound effect on neutering the neocons and Graham/Snowe squish sellouts.

Hmm... well, it depends on how much the Republicans are willing to change. I'm betting it'll be not much at all, beyond the same tired lip-service. If that's the case, he'd be patently selling-out the libertarian cause to play along. He'll leave a much better legacy by making a stand and walking away (and taking his voters with him).
You get enough Paul voters showing up to vote for TP/libertarian types down ballot, and you're going to have a congress that changes it's texture.

Sometimes winning the nomination isn't everything.

Well, you might be right, I dunno what the repubs would do if they won the WH and the Senate and kept the House. There's still a bunch of progressive, big spending, oldschool repubs around. They're only going to get one chance, or in 2014 the Dems will make a comeback. As it should be IMHO.

The question is will his principles allow him to let the country slide even further down the wrong path or will they demand that he step aside and side with the anyone but Obama crowd. I can't see him throwing support behind anyone else without some concessions on their part.

That and he wants to continue getting his message out, along with amassing enough delegates to do some horse trading at the RNC.

If the people he has been attracting stay in the GOP, it's potentiality going to have a profound effect on neutering the neocons and Graham/Snowe squish sellouts.

You really think the RNC is interested in "trading" with Paul? Seriously, what's in it for them? Most of them, if pressed, will admit they'd rather see Obama continue most of their policies than give in to Paul. I'm pretty sure you recognize that Paul is far more of an enemy to them than Obama is.

Who cares about the true Ron Paul loons? Most Paul supporters I know will support the nominee. Only the real whack jobs have the view of you people, and they are enough to make a difference:cool:

The question is will his principles allow him to let the country slide even further down the wrong path or will they demand that he step aside and side with the anyone but Obama crowd. I can't see him throwing support behind anyone else without some concessions on their part.

Paul's support is worth, what? A couple of votes in west Texas and a Ritz cracker?

You really think the RNC is interested in "trading" with Paul? Seriously, what's in it for them? Most of them, if pressed, will admit they'd rather see Obama continue most of their policies than give in to Paul. I'm pretty sure you recognize that Paul is far more of an enemy to them than Obama is.
What's in it for them will be the delegates he collects in the primaries....He gets enough and there'll be some serious ass kissing to get him to release his delegates to them.

Can't be having a nasty floor fight at the RNC.

That's politics, dude.

Paul's support is worth, what? A couple of votes in west Texas and a Ritz cracker?

You are blinded by hatred.

Who cares about the true Ron Paul loons? Most Paul supporters I know will support the nominee. Only the real whack jobs have the view of you people, and they are enough to make a difference:cool:

Wanna bet? Because that's a bet that you, and the Republican party, will lose. Watch what happens if they continue to piss on liberty.

Forum List

Back