Ron DeSantis did NOT want to increase taxes on middle class. His tax plan was actually a good one

I guess it pays to investigate all campaign ads.

I'm disappointed in Trump

I'd still vote for him if he is the nominee, however.

Too bad if that puts some posters' panties in a bunch...
Trump is changing. He was an outsider businessman trying to be a politician. Now he is just another politician.

Trump is changing. He was an outsider businessman trying to be a politician. Now he is just another politician.
Why do you say that?

because of the ad he put out showing DeSantis as a tax-crazy pol himself? (which ad I have found to be disingenuous)

There are also more Seniors than ever having to forego medication so they can eat.
Not if they contacted their insurance company to help them get drugs on the new Medicare rules which you have to ask for. If you know such a person, tell them to call their insurance company for the details. They'll get free drugs. I didn't go for it nor for the food cards, because I can still afford to take care of myself due to my late husband's habit of saving for a rainy day his whole lifetime. I also don't want to get too dependent on the government. The Democrats are knocking themselves out to take away free speech from political oponents so they can screw the world for themselves and themselves only. You did hear Biden's speech condemning the Republicans, didn't you? If they keep getting elected, the Constitution is history only, and the World Peace that President Trump worked so hard for is buried history. :cranky:

There's still time for those seniors who need drugs paid for and food cards too, from what I understand. I will put other seniors who aren't doing so well on my prayer list. God is a mighty fortress for the oppressed, and he will help them if we ask him to help the oppressed. The Democrats are so gonna trash us if they get the totalitarian power they are shilling for. And that's what I think. I'm hoping President can overcome all the garbage the Democrat Party dumped on him with blatant, preplanned lies orchestrated by Pelosi for their creator, Rodham Clinton and her buddy wuddy Schumer. :rolleyes-41:

Last edited:
Not if they contacted their insurance company to help them get drugs on the new Medicare rules which you have to ask for. If you know such a person, tell them to call their insurance company for the details. They'll get free drugs. I didn't go for it nor for the food cards, because I can still afford to take care of myself due to my husband's habit of saving for a rainy day his whole lifetime. I also don't want to get too dependent on the government. The Democrats are knocking themselves out to take away free speech from political oponents so they can screw the world for themselves and themselves only. You did hear Biden's speech condemning the Republicans, didn't you? If they keep getting elected, the Constitution is history only.
i say we are there already.

But one thing is for sure IMO

the ship will not be righted if we have 4 more years of this liberal insanity (redundancy there, to be sure!)

I didn't hear of taxing housing. In my world, I would NOt have a tax on housing under a certain price bracket, so that the poor do not have to pay it. But then there would always be the usual whiners who would scream Discrimination!

there is no pleasing everyone, as stated b4
Yeah....And today's convoluted shit show of a tax code started out with a few brackets and only fell to a relative few.

How about NO direct federal tax on the citizenry?....What's more "fair" than that?

i say we are there already.

But one thing is for sure IMO

the ship will not be righted if we have 4 more years of this liberal insanity (redundancy there, to be sure!)
We ain't there if President Trump is still kicking, and the FBI cleans up its filthy acts of evil against American Republicans for the creepy deepy state predators who want it their way or the extortion Biden stay. I want them out of office for politicizing the FBI and the CIA leaders and the gumshoes who need a paycheck and got nowhere else to go.

Yeah....And today's convoluted shit show of a tax code started out with a few brackets and only fell to a relative few.

How about NO direct federal tax on the citizenry?....What's more "fair" than that?
I heard one of the Republicans that recently announced a run for the President wants to put a 23 percent Federal Sales Tax on everyting sold. All your money that you are already paying in federal taxes is not going to be revoked, and they want 23% sales tax? Mr. DeSantis, I like you, but I don't think I can afford to live on a 23% hike on my groceries, clothes, and crafts for charity projects. That's like the gimme gimme Democrats did a few years back and now make it impossible for a family to leave their business, homes, etc. to their children. In the case of farmers, that really chokes the little guy who has just enough acreage to raise a few cows, plant a garden to sell lettuce and tomatoes to the stores, etc. How can a farmer afford a $50,000.00 bailer to put his hay on rolls for his winter feed for cows or sales to other animal owners with not enough acreage to feed all their cows? The next thing you know, we'll have to be vegans, which means the protein nutrients from animals will make people who can't have meat any more get anemia and other protein-lacking problems by using multiple carbohydrates to gain the 16 amino acids that make up a protein molecule. Please quit legislating people's every detail of existence. That in and of itself is unconstitutional because that would make the government have the right to keep people from pursuing happiness in every avenue of living, and a lot of people will die without protein that is perfect and takes people a college degree in nutrition to protect their own life and health. Some people are allergic to many vegetables. They don't have a chance of being happy with no health about them.

I heard one of the Republicans that recently announced a run for the President wants to put a 23 percent Federal Sales Tax on everyting sold. All your money that you are already paying in federal taxes is not going to be revoked, and they want 23% sales tax? Mr. DeSantis, I like you, but I don't think I can afford to live on a 23% hike on my groceries, clothes, and crafts for charity projects. That's like the gimme gimme Democrats did a few years back and now make it impossible for a family to leave their business, homes, etc. to their children. In the case of farmers, that really chokes the little guy who has just enough acreage to raise a few cows, plant a garden to sell lettuce and tomatoes to the stores, etc. How can a farmer afford a $50,000.00 bailer to put his hay on rolls for his winter feed for cows or sales to other animal owners with not enough acreage to feed all their cows? The next thing you know, we'll have to be vegans, which means the protein nutrients from animals will make people who can't have meat any more get anemia and other protein-lacking problems by using multiple carbohydrates to gain the 16 amino acids that make up a protein molecule. Please quit legislating people's every detail of existence. That in and of itself is unconstitutional because that would make the government have the right to keep people from pursuing happiness in every avenue of living, and a lot of people will die without protein that is perfect and takes people a college degree in nutrition to protect their own life and health. Some people are allergic to many vegetables. They don't have a chance of being happy with no health about them.
well, this sounds bad but I am not sure DeSantis wasn't talking about a tax on luxury items only?

I will have to read more about this. But you have to realize that if those other taxes (income, payroll, etc) were eliminated, it would be a good start. I did say earlier that 23% seemed high and I still say that... but in any case, it looks like more info is needed for yours truly and other Americans trying to follow all this political and related stuff... :uhoh3:

Site:

The legislation which DeSantis cosponsored in 2013, 2015 and 2017, would replace income, estate, payroll and gift taxes with a 23% national sales tax.

The ad follows a similar attack ad MAGA Inc. debuted last week that accuses DeSantis of wanting to raise taxes on the middle class, while claiming Trump “cut taxes a lot” during his time in the White House.

DeSantis’ campaign fired back at the attack in a statement to Forbes on Friday that called the ad “dishonest” and highlighted DeSantis’ tax policies as governor, including a recently passed permanent sales tax exemption on baby supplies, including strollers and diapers, while also noting that, “Florida's favorable tax climate has encouraged a record number of people to move to the Sunshine State, including former President Donald Trump.”

now that I think about it, DeS plan may indeed be more onerous on the low income people than the well to do

I mean, all the taxes he wanted to cut were taxes paid by wealthy people: estate taxes.. etc. Yes, poor people have "estates" but...

Anyhow... I haven't done the math yet.. taxes cut v taxes you have to pay...

I hate math...

but anyhow...

Why do you say that?

because of the ad he put out showing DeSantis as a tax-crazy pol himself? (which ad I have found to be disingenuous)
Yes. Here in Florida I have seen a barrage of ads demeaning DeSantis funded by Trump. I totally agree with you that these ads have been dishonest. Plus the ads were running before DeSantis officially entered the race.

I personally get sick of false political attack ads. They piss me off almost as much as the constant ads by the “Pillow Guy.” Yet it seems all politicians love to run lying ads about their opponents. Of course DeSantis will likely run false attack ads against Trump but I will view them as self defense.

I will vote for either Trump or DeSantis if the Republican candidate for President. Right now I will vote for DeSantis in the Republican Primary.

Why would Trump lie?
You are part of the Deep State.
Trump will lie because he is now a typical politician. He is no longer an outsider playing a politician. He is now a professional politician.

I will still vote for Trump over Joe Biden. Joe is a professional corrupt politician.

Trump is not part of the Deep State. The Deep State will do everything it can to stop Trump from winning another term. Trump is too independent, the Deep State doesn’t own him.

Forum List

Back