Romney's Path to 270?

North Carolina is firm in the Romney camp. Thinking that obama can win there is nonsense. So is Indiana. Looking at it today, so is Florida he's up there. Ohio is a coal state and grumbling because obama's energy policy intends to devastate the economy once he shuts down the mines. Democrats insist that Aizona is a swing state. That's puzzling since Zonies are pretty unified against the many lawsuits filed by the obama regime. Colorado shows distinct signs of rebelling against obama's same sex marriage proposals. Virginia is a divided state with the liberals in the north and conservatives in the south. Who wins will depend on who gets out the vote. Virginians may be inclined to give some punishment to the regime that denied aid after the earthquake.

It is still somewhat early and obama may yet make more disastrous mistakes on the order of declaring his support for same sex marriage.

I agree that imho North Carolina and Arizona will go Romney. I think Romney should have an edge in Florida, but neither outcome would be a "stunning upset" imho. Same with Missouri. But Obama's got that same edge in Colorado, NH, Iowa, and Ohio. He should have a slight edge but who knows. Wouldn't "stun" me to see Romney pull that out.

What might be tough is for everyone of those to go Romney's way and that's about what he needs.

Ohio is huge imho.

Ohio is huge, and Obama bailing out Chrysler and GM helps him a great deal here. The other thing going against Romney in Ohio is that Governor Kasich's approval numbers are not good, although they have been improving a bit lately.

I know the history about Ohio and Republicans, but I'm thinking in this election you could probably double-down on just how important Ohio is to Romney. There just aren't very many decent opportunities to make up those votes.

As always - things are subject to change and the landscape will undobtedly shift. But given history and the most recent state polls available, it appears that Romney is going to need to win Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and at least three out of Missouri, Iowa, Colorado, Arizona, and New Hamphire.

What are his realistic chances of pulling off that kind of sweep in your opinion?

Without Portman I don't see Romney winning Ohio, and a recent poll showed that even picking Portman wouldn't make much of a difference.

you're correct. the polls right now show he doesn't win Ohio even with portman.

Forum List

Back