Romney’s budget plan is a fantasy

Yes. cutting taxes usually leads to paying ore in taxes...

Do you guys even think about what you are saying before you post?

Gee, I'd comment on the Dems budget, IF there was one.

They won't like any budget plan. They are spendaholics and hate the thought of any restraint. Get over it.

His budget would decimate the middle class and the poor. If you are not wealthy, you'll see higer taxes and fewer benefits. If that isn't voting against your interests if you favor Romney, I don't know what is. His is a plan that doesn't take inidviduals into consideration--just a blanket overall budget which will only benefit the wealthy. Go for it! I don't need pell grants or any of the other things it will slash so if he wins, I'll sit back and watch the decline of the middle class and the worsening economy because of it. People will have less spending power and will have more of a struggle to get training and education, thus making them less employable. I know many are buying into the mantra of handouts vs. personal responsiblity/working hard, but it is much more complicated than that and the more trouble we have for the middle class and the poor to make ends meet, find decent paying jobs, etc., the harder it is on the economy and country as a whole. Do I care, not so much since I won't be affected much by any of it. However, I do hope Romney doesn't win!

Consider what the Romney campaign, then, is saying: If Romney is elected, then by his third year in office, every single federal program that is not Medicare, Social Security, or defense, will be cut, on average, by 40 percent. That means Medicaid, infrastructure, education, food safety, road safety, the postal service, basic research, foreign aid, housing subsidies, food stamps, the Census, Pell grants, the Patent and Trademark Office, the FDA — all of it has to be cut by, on average, 40 percent. If Romney tried to protect any particular priority, it would mean all the others have to be cut by more than 40 percent.

...This is simply not a credible budget plan, and Romney’s fast retreat from Ryan’s most unpopular cuts makes it even less credible. And yet Romney, who has never released the specific cuts that would make his numbers add up, repeatedly touts it on the campaign trail, and the media dutifully reports his promises to cut federal spending by more than $500 billion in 2016, and in fact to balance the budget by the end of his second term, which would require far larger cuts than what I’ve outlined here, despite the fact that everyone basically knows these cuts aren’t credible and will never happen.

Erskine Bowles, a lifelong Democrat, thinks is is sane and sensible even though he disagrees with it. Since he is demonstrably smarter than you I give his opinion more weight than yours, and can safely call you a hack.

His budget would decimate the middle class and the poor

If what they needed were handouts, this would be true. But what they need are jobs. Taking money from the wealthy and giving to people to not work comes directly out of the money the wealthy would have given them to work.

Obama is wrecking havoc on the middle class, but if you like the poor, nobody's doing more to create more of them then he is...

His budget would decimate the middle class and the poor. If you are not wealthy, you'll see higer taxes and fewer benefits. If that isn't voting against your interests if you favor Romney, I don't know what is. His is a plan that doesn't take inidviduals into consideration--just a blanket overall budget which will only benefit the wealthy. Go for it! I don't need pell grants or any of the other things it will slash so if he wins, I'll sit back and watch the decline of the middle class and the worsening economy because of it. People will have less spending power and will have more of a struggle to get training and education, thus making them less employable. I know many are buying into the mantra of handouts vs. personal responsiblity/working hard, but it is much more complicated than that and the more trouble we have for the middle class and the poor to make ends meet, find decent paying jobs, etc., the harder it is on the economy and country as a whole. Do I care, not so much since I won't be affected much by any of it. However, I do hope Romney doesn't win!

Consider what the Romney campaign, then, is saying: If Romney is elected, then by his third year in office, every single federal program that is not Medicare, Social Security, or defense, will be cut, on average, by 40 percent. That means Medicaid, infrastructure, education, food safety, road safety, the postal service, basic research, foreign aid, housing subsidies, food stamps, the Census, Pell grants, the Patent and Trademark Office, the FDA — all of it has to be cut by, on average, 40 percent. If Romney tried to protect any particular priority, it would mean all the others have to be cut by more than 40 percent.

...This is simply not a credible budget plan, and Romney’s fast retreat from Ryan’s most unpopular cuts makes it even less credible. And yet Romney, who has never released the specific cuts that would make his numbers add up, repeatedly touts it on the campaign trail, and the media dutifully reports his promises to cut federal spending by more than $500 billion in 2016, and in fact to balance the budget by the end of his second term, which would require far larger cuts than what I’ve outlined here, despite the fact that everyone basically knows these cuts aren’t credible and will never happen.

Moronic liberals are like the tide, they just keep rolling in.

If every American voter fully understood what Romney and Ryan really want to, and really would do if they had the votes,

they'd be lucky to win 5 states.

If every American voter fully understood what Obama really want to, and really would do if they had the votes,

he'd be lucky to win 5 states.

Forum List

Back