Romney v Gingrich, re: Marriage

As a general rule, I try to avoid judging people on their private lives - although I will confess that Newt makes that quite hard.

Really? 98 percent of your posts on these boards begs to differ.

Haven't seen a post by her yet where she isn't screaming at someone or angry at someone or calling someone "stupid" because they don't share her opinions...

But she doesn't have issues at all. Really.

He's married a couple of 'stupid women' so, yea, clearly he likes spending time with them.

And... no, politics is not a 'guy thing'. However, that you think it is does demonstrate that you have an issue with intelligent women.... that is what we commonly refer to as 'misogynistic'.

Idiot.

I love smart women. I really like Asian women... and they are smart.

I think the problem is that you think you are intelligent. But you're really not. Sorry. You're just a mean, angry hag who worships greed and still has an empty soul.. and I kind of feel sorry for you. Sorrier every day now that you are following me around and stuff.

Reality. Chicks ain't into politics, mostly. Hell, I think this board is probably 70% guys, 20% chicks and 10% guys pretending to be Chicks [citation needed]

I don't think I'm smart. I know I am. The problem is that is very hard for misogynistic twits to cope with.

Sad little man.

He's married a couple of 'stupid women' so, yea, clearly he likes spending time with them.

And... no, politics is not a 'guy thing'. However, that you think it is does demonstrate that you have an issue with intelligent women.... that is what we commonly refer to as 'misogynistic'.

Idiot.

I think the problem is that you think you are intelligent. But you're really not. Sorry. You're just a mean, angry hag who worships greed and still has an empty soul.. and I kind of feel sorry for you. Sorrier every day now that you are following me around and stuff.

Reality. Chicks ain't into politics, mostly. Hell, I think this board is probably 70% guys, 20% chicks and 10% guys pretending to be Chicks [citation needed]

I don't think I'm smart. I know I am. The problem is that is very hard for misogynistic twits to cope with.

Sad little man.

How do you know Joe is a mysogynist? How do you know he's sad?

Like I said, you enjoy judging the private lives of others.

Twit.

As a general rule, I try to avoid judging people on their private lives - although I will confess that Newt makes that quite hard.

Haven't seen a post by her yet where she isn't screaming at someone or angry at someone or calling someone "stupid" because they don't share her opinions...

Exactly how does one 'scream' on a messageboard? I believe the standard rule is that it is the use of capital letters to denote 'screaming'. You wanna find posts from me using caps? You won't find them.

The problem appears to be one of perception. Perception is not reality. It is your reality - but not reality. You project your own anger at what I say onto me.

Try doing less drugs... might help you to understand the difference between perception and reality.

Idiot.

Sad little man.

You are probably the only person who "knows" you are smart.

Smart people don't need to name-call in every post, and usually back up their positions with facts and figures, which you never seem to do. You just seem to lash out at people all the time, and never want to let things go, I guess...

Which is kind of sad, really.

Sorry, Newt is a short-timer. He can't stay with Mitt over the long primary haul. The only shot Newt has is for Mitt to drop out, even then I'd bet on Santorum.
(just imagine the SNL skits that they could do with Newt's past)

Besides if Sarah Palin endorses Newt, you just know that he's a loser. I haven't heard who Carl Rove likes, but a 68-year old Newt is not the guy.

Try paying attention. Karl Rove has been in the bag for Reversible Mittens for months. Which should be a sure sign that the Bush Dynasty knows he's a sure-fire loser. They aren't going to wait for 2020 for Jeb's shot. They want to roll him out in 2016, where they can honestly say, "Republicans only win when we have a Bush on the ballot."

Paying attention?! Which GOP candidate is the most electable in November?? Hint: MITT
as fat as 68 year-old Newt is he'll be lucky to get to November.

IMHO most of the GOP weenies ducked-out of 2012 just because the dems have no one in 2016. They will regret not getting battle-tested and vetted in 2012.

Exactly how does one 'scream' on a messageboard? I believe the standard rule is that it is the use of capital letters to denote 'screaming'. You wanna find posts from me using caps? You won't find them.

The problem appears to be one of perception. Perception is not reality. It is your reality - but not reality. You project your own anger at what I say onto me.

Try doing less drugs... might help you to understand the difference between perception and reality.

So you're conceding the other two points, and hanging your hat on the fact that "screaming" isn't actually possible on a written forum. (Seriously, when they argue semantics, it's always fun.)

Sorry, read your own posts, they are full of a lot of anger, and frankly, I just don't get it. I mean, I'm here to have fun, throw around a few wisecracks, read a few interesting opinions, but you just seem to be angry in every post.

Sorry, Newt is a short-timer. He can't stay with Mitt over the long primary haul. The only shot Newt has is for Mitt to drop out, even then I'd bet on Santorum.
(just imagine the SNL skits that they could do with Newt's past)

Besides if Sarah Palin endorses Newt, you just know that he's a loser. I haven't heard who Carl Rove likes, but a 68-year old Newt is not the guy.

Try paying attention. Karl Rove has been in the bag for Reversible Mittens for months. Which should be a sure sign that the Bush Dynasty knows he's a sure-fire loser. They aren't going to wait for 2020 for Jeb's shot. They want to roll him out in 2016, where they can honestly say, "Republicans only win when we have a Bush on the ballot."

Paying attention?! Which GOP candidate is the most electable in November?? Hint: MITT

IMHO most of the GOP weenies ducked-out of 2012 just because the dems have no one in 2016. They will regret not getting battle-tested and vetted in 2012.

From the sound of your post kyzr, it almost sounds like anyone qualified in the GOP didn't enter the race because they were scared of Obama.

Um, no, Mitt is not electable.

In fact, he's pretty much to politics what "Springtime For Hitler" was for broadway. Crazy religion, slimey business practices, flip-flopping, it's pretty much like they are doing everything wrong.

It's like they found the worst of everything and put it into a candidate.

The only reason why Mittens is taken seriously is that unlike Huntsman, he's willing to spend millions of his own dollars no these things. He's just slightly above a Ross Perot or some other eccentric rich person who gets credibility because of his ability to buy media.

From the sound of your post kyzr, it almost sounds like anyone qualified in the GOP didn't enter the race because they were scared of Obama.

Pretty much, and I think there's some truth to that.

Here's the thing. Anyone who runs against Obama is going to suffer the "Epton Factor". FOr those unfamilar with Chicago Politics, Bernie Epton was this liberal Jewish Republican who was going to be the GOP's sacrificial lamb in 1983 while Jane Byrne and Richie Daley fought it out. But then they split the white vote and Harold Washington got the nomination. Bernie got damned close, the last real good showing a GOP candidate ever made in a Chicago election before we went to non-partisan elections. But the poor man, despite a pretty good record on civil rights, was branded a racist because he ran against "Our Harold".

Anyone who runs against Obama is going to have the race card played against him. Which is why you got Mitt and the Also-Rans. All the serious candidates took a pass this time. And who could blame them, really?

Mittens will probably be the nominee. And when he loses, they can blame anti-Mormon prejudice or praise Obama's candidacy, but the reality is, he was a horrible candidate in 2008 and he isn't a better one in 2012. But he is willing to get up on that dunk tank on a freezing day.

I don't care what Romney or Gingrich do to their wives....
:eusa_eh:

Why should I?

These women knew what they were marrying.

Mrs. Romney knew she was signing up for a whacky cult where women are second class citizens.

Mrs. Gingrich - at least #2 and #3, knew they were getting a guy who had no problem getting a divorce if he wasn't feeling the love anymore. #1 I can feel a little more sympathy for, but it was 30 years ago....

I'm not electing a husband. I'm electing a guy who is going to take the fight to Obama (hopefully) and not be so noxious I might be forced to vote for a third party (which will be the case if Romney is the nominee.)

What would be really, really cool. If we let unmarried guys be president or such, without requiring them to have this accessory. Or maybe we can just start building Stepford Wives (and Stepford Husbands) for our candidates so we don't have to pretend that they have perfect families when most of us don't.

When Francois Mitterand died, there was his wife in one pew and his mistress in the other, and the French people shrugged and said, "A man has his needs!" And when I'm using the French as a good example, you know something is whack.

Pretty much, and I think there's some truth to that.

Here's the thing. Anyone who runs against Obama is going to suffer the "Epton Factor". For those unfamiliar with Chicago Politics, Bernie Epton was this liberal Jewish Republican who was going to be the GOP's sacrificial lamb in 1983 while Jane Byrne and Richie Daley fought it out. But then they split the white vote and Harold Washington got the nomination. Bernie got damned close, the last real good showing a GOP candidate ever made in a Chicago election before we went to non-partisan elections. But the poor man, despite a pretty good record on civil rights, was branded a racist because he ran against "Our Harold".

Anyone who runs against Obama is going to have the race card played against him. Which is why you got Mitt and the Also-Rans. All the serious candidates took a pass this time. And who could blame them, really?

Mittens will probably be the nominee. And when he loses, they can blame anti-Mormon prejudice or praise Obama's candidacy, but the reality is, he was a horrible candidate in 2008 and he isn't a better one in 2012. But he is willing to get up on that dunk tank on a freezing day.

Can't disagree with the GOP no-shows like Jeb, Christie, Ryan, etc. Incumbents have a huge advantage, and the MSM's coddling of BO and attack-dog style to GOP guys makes 2016 look like a smarter decision.
To his credit, Mitt calculated that he has the financial resources to compete, especially since the unemployment rate is so high, plus he has the experience of 2008. Mitt is not on the dunk tank. The MSM needs to know that most conservatives don't see or hear the liberal MSM. (We only watch FXN all day and all night)

I don't care what Romney or Gingrich do to their wives....
:eusa_eh:

Why should I?

These women knew what they were marrying.

Mrs. Romney knew she was signing up for a whacky cult where women are second class citizens.

Mrs. Gingrich - at least #2 and #3, knew they were getting a guy who had no problem getting a divorce if he wasn't feeling the love anymore. #1 I can feel a little more sympathy for, but it was 30 years ago....

I'm not electing a husband. I'm electing a guy who is going to take the fight to Obama (hopefully) and not be so noxious I might be forced to vote for a third party (which will be the case if Romney is the nominee.)

What would be really, really cool. If we let unmarried guys be president or such, without requiring them to have this accessory. Or maybe we can just start building Stepford Wives (and Stepford Husbands) for our candidates so we don't have to pretend that they have perfect families when most of us don't.

When Francois Mitterand died, there was his wife in one pew and his mistress in the other, and the French people shrugged and said, "A man has his needs!" And when I'm using the French as a good example, you know something is whack.

Somehow, if Romney had three wives, I doubt you'd be singing the same tune.

Can't disagree with the GOP no-shows like Jeb, Christie, Ryan, etc. Incumbents have a huge advantage, and the MSM's coddling of BO and attack-dog style to GOP guys makes 2016 look like a smarter decision.
To his credit, Mitt calculated that he has the financial resources to compete, especially since the unemployment rate is so high, plus he has the experience of 2008. Mitt is not on the dunk tank. The MSM needs to know that most conservatives don't see or hear the liberal MSM. (We only watch FXN all day and all night)

Oh, I think he's totally on the dunk tank, the MSM just hasn't started throwing the baseballs yet. They weren't going to start throwing them until after he secured the nomination.

Except that a few baseballs got thrown early about the Cayman Islands and Bain. To devastaing effect.

The MSM for the most part, is keeping their powder dry on his religion, his business practices, all the people he screwed over, his stupid, inept statements...

Then they are going after him full bore...

Sad little man.

How do you know Joe is a mysogynist? How do you know he's sad?

Like I said, you enjoy judging the private lives of others.

Twit.

It is an observation, based on his posts around the forum... like 'politics is a guy thing', that sort of misogynistic bullshit. I think we probably have very different understandings of the words 'private lives'. If one makes sexist remarks on a public messageboard - that is not 'private life'. Private life is one's personal business - one's own marriage, relationships, etc. But making comments on a messageboard - that ain't 'private life'... you fucking idiot.

Romney

Romney gave a personal account Sunday of his wife's multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis in a "Fox News Sunday" interview. . . .

"Probably the toughest time of my life was standing there with Ann, as we hugged each other and the diagnosis came," said Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts.

Ann Romney was diagnosed with MS in 1998. . . . After explaining the diagnosis, the doctor left the office to give the couple private time together. Romney then described hugging his wife and telling her, "as long as it's not something fatal, I'm just fine."

"I'm happy in life as long as I've got my soul mate with me," Romney added.

Romney said that Ann Romney, who also had breast cancer, has recovered most of her health, but at the time it was "really difficult" for her. She was unable to care for her family in the ways she had grown accustomed, such as cooking meals. Caring for her family, Romney said, "was what gave meaning to her day to day activities."

"Look, I don't care what the meals are like," Romney described telling Ann Romney at the time. "I like cold cereal and peanut butter sandwiches. We can do fine with that as long as we have each other."

Gingrich

[Marianne] said when Gingrich admitted to a six-year affair with a Congressional aide, he asked her if she would share him with the other woman, Callista, who is now married to Gingrich.

"And I just stared at him and he said, 'Callista doesn't care what I do,' " Marianne Gingrich told ABC News. "He wanted an open marriage and I refused."

The Ex Factor - WSJ.com

Yep, it's that easy.

It is an observation, based on his posts around the forum... like 'politics is a guy thing', that sort of misogynistic bullshit. I think we probably have very different understandings of the words 'private lives'. If one makes sexist remarks on a public messageboard - that is not 'private life'. Private life is one's personal business - one's own marriage, relationships, etc. But making comments on a messageboard - that ain't 'private life'... you fucking idiot.

Huh? Stating a fact is "misogynistic"?

Number of Female Presidents- 0 out of 43. (one guy held it twice)

Number of Female Senators- 39 in the whole history of the institution, 17 of whom are serving right now.

Number of women in the House- 74 out of 435.

And honestly, we are really behind the rest of the world. the UK, Germany, and even backward-ass Pakistan have had women heads of government.

But, please, Cali, stew in your own anger, it's fun to watch in a sadistic sort of way.

So does that mean you are going to stop making lists of things I say and misrepresenting them, since you don't care. Because that strikes me as an even weirder obsession.

No, it is very weird to create lists of Mormons so you won't do business with them. It's odious too. Replace "Mormons" with "Jews" - i.e., "Jews screwed me so I hate Jews and make lists of Jews so I won't do business with Jews" - and maybe you'll see what everyone else on the board sees.

That's why I have no problem exposing people like yourself. And since you brought it up, here's what I remember you - someone who says he is a Republican - believes. I took most of it from a thread I started on Newt being a RINO - something that surely appeals to you - plus some other stuff I've seen you write since.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

- You think that offshoring is treason. You've said it is worse than spies selling nuclear secrets to the Soviets.

- You think investing is parasitic

- You think the 1% is the enemy

- You think society has the right to expropriate property and take all their assets if they don't conform to your morals

- You think selling is a criminal offense

- You think violence is acceptable

- You think multinational corporations legitimize repressive regimes and exploit workers.

- You are a protectionist

- You think the GSEs aren’t to blame for the mortgage meltdown. Instead, it was the banks who manipulated the system.

- You think greed is destroying America, and you compared Wall Street to the French nobility right before the French Revolution

- You think capitalism is destroying the planet

- You think offshoring, i.e. free market capitalism, is the reason for the economic mess.

- You want to raise taxes by raising tariffs on imported goods.

- Capitalism is treason.

- Unions are necessary in the private sector because the business owner will rip the worker off at every opportunity.

- Turning around Bain and Co is equivalent to Abu Ghraib.

- Capitalism is evil.

- Union members should beat up people who cross the picket line.

- Venture capitalists are parasites

- It’s fraud if you make an investment in a company you think you can’t keep the doors open.

What is misrepresented?

Forum List

Back