Romney, the firmest opposition to amnesty won Latino vote!

Who else do they have? A vote for Romney in the Republican race is a vote for the one who can work for all of America. He is the most like Obama. If he does win in November by some fluke, I will feel the most comfortable with him at the helm.

Newt really screwed up when he talked about putting Sarah Palin in his cabinet.

I think voters are sending messages to the Republican party. Stop with the extreme wingnutty commentary. It is archaic and so completely inappropriate for 2012.

That's actually kind of why I like the guy. I don't think he's Bush 2.0. I think he's Romney 1.0. When he talks about helping Americans - he talks about helping ALL Americans, not the poor, not the rich... but everyone. To me, that's kind of what the President is supposed to do.

I doubt we would ever hear him refer to his fellow Americans as 'the enemy'.
I wonder if he'd ever bring a gun to a knife fight. I doubt it.

I just hope that Romney is as vicious against obama as he was against Gingrich.

It's a mistake to lump all spanish speakers together under the label "hispanic". The hispanics in Florida are by a huge majority Cuban. They do not find mexicans, el salvadorans or columbians part of the Cuban La Familia. It is not at all surprising that Cubans would be anti illegal immigrant - from other countries.

Not by "a huge majority." Not anymore. Now there are nearly as many Peurto Ricans in Florida as Cubans, and the percentage of Mexicans is not far behind that.

That's what I've been wondering. I feel like the General is shaping up to a an ugly cat fight. But on the other hand, I think it's easier to beat up on opponents in the Primaries than it is in a General. The differences between candidates in the Primaries is naturally less substantial than in the General. It's less about issues and more about showmanship. Showmanship stays important in the General, but if you bank on it too hard, you can get eaten alive when your opponent bombards with the issues. I think that Obama has been positioning himself to make a good showing to the public this summer and fall over the issues. And if Romney comes out swinging too hard too soon, he's going to leave himself open for a devastating upper cut that could put him out for the count early.

Pro-self-deportaton Romney won the Latino vote by 54% to 29%.

Offered a stark choice on the illegal immigration issue, Florida Latino Republicans today broke nearly 2-1 for the candidate with the firmest opposition to amnesty and the strongest support for enforcement.

Whites -- Anti-legalization Romney won by 13 percentage points

Latinos -- Anti-legalization Romney won by 25 percentage points

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/node/13013?

Voter fraud, Voter fraud, Voter fraud.
Wait a minute. I am starting to sound like some right-wing nut.....:cuckoo:
Isn't this interesting. And it is reported that women voted quite heavily for romney over newt.
:eusa_liar:

It's a mistake to lump all spanish speakers together under the label "hispanic". The hispanics in Florida are by a huge majority Cuban. They do not find mexicans, el salvadorans or columbians part of the Cuban La Familia. It is not at all surprising that Cubans would be anti illegal immigrant - from other countries.

I agree entirely, it's a completely artificial classification.

I doubt it.

He got away with the crap he did in Florida because the Media hates Gingrich, but they love Obama.

Five minutes after he pulls that kind of crap, he's going to get accused of racism.

Gonna happen. In fact, he's probably going to get accused of racism just merely by being the poor schlub who shows up to challenge Obama.

I doubt it.

He got away with the crap he did in Florida because the Media hates Gingrich, but they love Obama.

Five minutes after he pulls that kind of crap, he's going to get accused of racism.

Gonna happen. In fact, he's probably going to get accused of racism just merely by being the poor schlub who shows up to challenge Obama.

They might, but it will have little effect, in my opinion. Accusations of racism have been so habitually abused over the past couple decades that people are pretty much numb to them now. Nobody cares.

I doubt it.

They might, but it will have little effect, in my opinion. Accusations of racism have been so habitually abused over the past couple decades that people are pretty much numb to them now. Nobody cares.

Not really. and unfortuntely, given Romney's church's history of racism and the historic importance of Obama, that'll have a lot more legs.

Not to mention Romney's habit of saying really stupid things like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not concerned about the very poor." You don't think he's going to slip up and blurt out something as dumb before November?

Pro-self-deportaton Romney won the Latino vote by 54% to 29%.

Offered a stark choice on the illegal immigration issue, Florida Latino Republicans today broke nearly 2-1 for the candidate with the firmest opposition to amnesty and the strongest support for enforcement.

Whites -- Anti-legalization Romney won by 13 percentage points

Latinos -- Anti-legalization Romney won by 25 percentage points

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/node/13013?

"latinos" in Florida are cuban refugees. they aren't like other latinos and don't vote like other latinos.

Yep.

I have several Latino friends who got here legally.

Took em years and loads of money.

These folks despise the illegals.

Not hard to figure why.

Yep.

I have several Latino friends who got here legally.

Took em years and loads of money.

These folks despise the illegals.

Not hard to figure why.

I've always felt the rage against Illegals is misdirected.

The people we should be mad at are the folks who pay them under the table because they don't want to pay Americans a fair wage.

Forum List

Back