Romney says no abortion legislation.

Let's be clear about what Romney said:

"There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda,"

His agenda is to defund Planned Parenthood.

There is already legislation pending to defund Planned Parenthood, that does in fact fit the definition of 'legislation with regards to abortion' (and that's just one example).

So if he's saying that legislation to defund PP is not part of his agenda,

he's lying,

unless he was originally lying when he said defunding PP WAS part of his agenda.

Planned Parenthood =/= Abortion.

Say what you mean. In English.

This is the way democrats are working it.

Democrats say that Romney SAID he would close Planned Parenthood.

It's pointed out that Romney said no such thing.

Democrats now say that Romney is lying.

See how that works?

He said he would get rid of it. Defund it.

There is currently legislation pending to defund it. Suddenly Romney doesn't support that.

When was he lying? When he said he'd defund it, or when he says he won't?

Defunding Planned Parenthood would not get rid of it. They would just have to rely on generating their own income and private donations.

Romney has said every time, in many different forms that he would defund Planned Parenthood and has never once changed his mind.

He changed his mind yesterday. He said such legislation is not part of his agenda.

From Romney's 2011 Pro-life Pledge:

I will advocate for and support a Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to protect unborn children who are capable of feeling pain from abortion.

There is legislation also pending supporting the above.

NOW, Romney says such legislation is not part of his agenda??? LYING OR FLIP FLOPPING?

My Pro-Life Pledge - By Mitt Romney - The Corner - National Review Online

a month ago he said he was for personhood laws.

200px-EtchASketch10-23-2004.jpg

Come on Jillian.

We already know that Mitt is going to flip on the conservatives the minute he takes office.

First off, McCain and Huckabee already demonstrated that Mitt can't hold a social conservative position even if his life depended on it.

Also, He made Ryan VP not because Ryan is a genius with the budget, but Ryan is a lightening rod for crazy conservative talking points that need muting. VP's are usually quiet, and when they do talk, they are ridiculed and shut up.

Thus why Ryan is VP.

In the end, Mitt is just a right wing version of Eisenhower minus the tax hikes. I like IKE, so I like Mitt!

I didn't see any news of him working the grand wizard for votes.

You will not either, it is not necessary. There are plenty of racist's out there and they need no prompting to vote for a white over a black.
To deny this is not being very bright.

I will see your point and raise you this:

How about the millions of blacks that will not vote a white over a black? To deny THIS would also not be very bright. You are correct, though, there are plenty of racists out there. On both sides. Be accurate.

Agreed. There is racism from all sides.
However this thread is about Romney and those who would or would not vote for him.

Squashed?
I think not he is just out for moderate voters and racists votes.
He knows he has all the republicans votes.

I didn't see any news of him working the grand wizard for votes.

You will not either, it is not necessary. There are plenty of racist's out there and they need no prompting to vote for a white over a black.
To deny this is not being very bright.

But you don't complain about 90 percent of blacks voting for Obama because he is Black, right?

I really hope Obama brings up Abortion , war on women and big bird to the debate. Because the middle east is on fire they all hate us. Our economy sucks , and gas prices , food , clothes are going up up up.. But lets care about abortions , birth control and big bird

This race for the Right has become an anyone-but-Obama race. What Romney says no longer matters.

That's funny because those same 'nuts just loved to mock the anyone-but-Bush crowd.

Conservatives always become what they mock. That's in their nature.

Mitt will get the economy going as much as possible.

He is not going to war against Iran or interfere in Syria.

He will not interfere with Roe v Wade or DADT or DOMA.

He despises the far right crazee positions, needs their votes, but needs the centrist undecided to put him over the top.

He may be as liberal as Nixon. And he sure won't listen to Ryan or Kantor, and he will let Boehner and McConnell do their jobs.

a month ago he said he was for personhood laws.

200px-EtchASketch10-23-2004.jpg

Come on Jillian.

We already know that Mitt is going to flip on the conservatives the minute he takes office.

First off, McCain and Huckabee already demonstrated that Mitt can't hold a social conservative position even if his life depended on it.

Also, He made Ryan VP not because Ryan is a genius with the budget, but Ryan is a lightening rod for crazy conservative talking points that need muting. VP's are usually quiet, and when they do talk, they are ridiculed and shut up.

Thus why Ryan is VP.

In the end, Mitt is just a right wing version of Eisenhower minus the tax hikes. I like IKE, so I like Mitt!

Let's be clear about what Romney said:

"There's no legislation with regards to abortion that I'm familiar with that would become part of my agenda,"

His agenda is to defund Planned Parenthood.

There is already legislation pending to defund Planned Parenthood, that does in fact fit the definition of 'legislation with regards to abortion' (and that's just one example).

So if he's saying that legislation to defund PP is not part of his agenda,

he's lying,

unless he was originally lying when he said defunding PP WAS part of his agenda.

Planned Parenthood =/= Abortion.

Say what you mean. In English.

I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

Romney said he had no plans that addressed abortion.

You implied that his plan to defund Planned Parenthood proves he's lying.

Planned Parenthood =/= Abortion (planned parenthood is not equal to abortion)

Forum List

Back