Romney Says Humans Responsible For Global Warming

Perhaps it didn’t occur to some on the right the wisdom of running a pro GCC, pro ‘individual mandate’ candidate – Romney will take liberal votes away from Obama and become president.

And that’s the only important thing, that a republican be in the WH, right?
That kind of "thinking" (for lack of a better term) gave us 8 years of the Shrub.

Quite frankly, I can't see where we'd be too much worse off had Algore won in 2000, with (R)s controlling the legislature.

Well, believe me, I want a real conservative in the WH more than anything else, but no matter what, Obama has got to go!

I am proud of Mitt! He has stood up and made his beliefs known. Probably not a big plus with the Baggers, though.

(Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

You can never have too many threads on the same subject, huh?

More important questions.... are left wingers all too stupid to use the 'search' function?

Global warming is a good excuse to tax, spend and grow government. Had to figure soon enough republicans would come around.

I have no doubt global warming is happening, but I'd like to see evidence that humans are causing a significant portion of it.

(Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

And from the link you posted, Romney continues:

In addressing climate change and energy policy, Romney called on the United States to break its dependence on foreign oil, and expand alternative energies including solar, wind, nuclear and clean coal.

"I love solar and wind (power) but they don't drive cars. And we're not all going to drive Chevy Volts," he said referring to electric cars.

The United States can not go it alone in attempting to trim emissions levels and give a free pass to countries such as China and Brazil, Romney said. "It's not called American warming, it's called global warming," he said.

The world is getting warmer: Romney | Reuters

What next? Cigarettes cause cancer? The earth is round?

Trying to twist the truth, as usual, huh? Global warming is real. Global cooling is real.

Trying to blame cyclical changes in the Earth's temperatures on MAN though, kind of takes it to where you hope the ignorant will assume global warming and man-made global warming -- the latter being the warcry from the left) are one and same.

Grow up.

Global warming, the science that can only be believed in.

If you have faith in Global Warming you shall have life ever after. Sure you'll live without heat in the winter or air conditioning the summer, but if you were fucking stupid enough to buy into this thats better than you deserve.

If you have faith in Global Warming you shall have life ever after. Sure you'll live without heat in the winter or air conditioning the summer, but if you were fucking stupid enough to buy into this thats better than you deserve.

82% of the worlds scientists must be wrong with only the GOP understanding the "Real" Science

http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

Last edited:

You never tire of the lies, do you Frank? :cool:

80% of the worlds scientists must be wrong with only the GOP understanding the "Real" Science

flat-earth.jpg

It wouldn't be the first time "scientists" let funding or current dogma cow them into believing total bullshit

Trying to twist the truth, as usual, huh? Global warming is real. Global cooling is real.

Trying to blame cyclical changes in the Earth's temperatures on MAN though, kind of takes it to where you hope the ignorant will assume global warming and man-made global warming -- the latter being the warcry from the left) are one and same.

Grow up.

So the 82% of Scientists who say it is real and 97% of Climate Scientists who say it is real need to do some growing up?

Grow up.

So the 82% of Scientists who say it is real and 97% of Climate Scientists who say it is real need to do some growing up?

No.

Climate change IS real.

Whether or not it is man caused is another story and still up for debate

Exactly what "technology" did we have during the first ice age that caused THAT climate change?

Back in the late 1700's we had a second "mini" ice age. Was that the fault of blacksmiths or maybe peace pipes?

We had warm ups after both ice ages.....wonder if conastoga wagons gave off emissions.....

Hmmmmm......................

Mitt Romney is like the silver medal for democrats, he's not the gold medal cuz no d, but based on his actions in office and sometimes when he opens his yapper he really is a good fall back plan for them.

Remember that reps.

Forum List

Back