Romney Says Humans Responsible For Global Warming

In case y'all missed it...The GOP's golden dollop, Chris Christie, has thrown in with the moonbats too.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie delighted conservatives last week when he pledged to withdraw his state from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) of Northeastern states. Conservative delight, however, quickly turned to frustration as Christie emphasized he was merely taking issue with the political and economic mechanisms of RGGI, but did not disagree with the notion that humans are causing a global warming problem that needs to be addressed.

By apparently carrying water for liberal propaganda regarding one of the most important issues in current political discourse, Christie has shot himself in the foot regarding a key component of his Republican political base.

Chris Christie Exposes His Right Flank On Global Warming - James Taylor - Endpoint Analysis - Forbes

Looks like the RP is trying to throw the fight again.

Typical...Get in power...be able to really do something...make some progress reversing the damage...and capitulate.

Perhaps he'll walk it back. He can't let the inner pragmatist out until the campaign is over.

A "pragmatist" must be a Republican who's willing to sell out any conservative principles he may have to pander to the MSM propaganda organs.

In case y'all missed it...The GOP's golden dollop, Chris Christie, has thrown in with the moonbats too.

The "moonbats" are the imbeciles who swallow this nonsense and want to destroy our economy to fight a non-existent problem.

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

Oh dear, not good – Romney the internationalist, the globalist, and the UNist. Next up: the One World Government. –shudder-

At least the right is consistent in its idiocy.

Electing a proven successful business man who has created jobs and turned businesses around would be a foolish thing to do at this time. It would be an admission that those who voted for BO made a mistake. How could anyone on the left be so damn stupid to actually vote for someone qualified for the office? Preposterous. We need someone who excites us and makes us cheer, not someone who is competent and successful.

So republican candidates who embrace the heresy of GCC are OK to vote for because they’re republicans.

Check.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie delighted conservatives last week when he pledged to withdraw his state from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) of Northeastern states. Conservative delight, however, quickly turned to frustration as Christie emphasized he was merely taking issue with the political and economic mechanisms of RGGI, but did not disagree with the notion that humans are causing a global warming problem that needs to be addressed.

By apparently carrying water for liberal propaganda regarding one of the most important issues in current political discourse, Christie has shot himself in the foot regarding a key component of his Republican political base.

Chris Christie Exposes His Right Flank On Global Warming - James Taylor - Endpoint Analysis - Forbes

he playing both ends against the middle, exactly what we don't need, same old same old.

I applaud him though for taking the action he did, lets see where it goes.

No doubt Mitt & company plan on contributing significant amounts of hot air toward their 2012 aspirations....

You have to BE a human to know what humans think.

romney-robot1.jpg
Ooo please! Tell us who to vote for rdean! I mean, you libs did such a great job selecting that war monger and massive failure Obama! :rolleyes:

No matter how nauseatingly terrible another 4 years of Obama may look, we must resist all attempts to have that RINO Romney selected for us as the Republican nominee. Romney is just a slightly younger McCain.

He's stronger on the economy than pretty much anyone else - on either side - and that includes POTUS. And, right now, I'll take a RINO who's strong economically over almost anyone.

As would I. Though not Romney. Romney care and his stance on it blows that for me. While his argument that the states can do it, and the feds can't is right. That does not mean he gets off the hook for creating a failed Social medicine system in mass.

Give me any other Rino who is a strong Fiscal Conservative and good on Economics and they got my vote! but fuck Romney.

"The world is getting warmer": Romney

By Ros Krasny

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (Reuters) - Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

"The world is getting warmer": Romney - Politics & Elections News

Romney is toast. Any thought contrary to the extreme right has no place in the Republican Party. The comments on Fox Nation are running 10-1 against his statement.

Romney is correct. Which makes me like him more.

Perhaps it didn’t occur to some on the right the wisdom of running a pro GCC, pro ‘individual mandate’ candidate – Romney will take liberal votes away from Obama and become president.

And that’s the only important thing, that a republican be in the WH, right?

Perhaps it didn’t occur to some on the right the wisdom of running a pro GCC, pro ‘individual mandate’ candidate – Romney will take liberal votes away from Obama and become president.

Tea Partiers proved that they only want people that'll toe-the-line ideologically when they ran people like Angle, Buck , And O'Donnell. Granted, they all lost but their ideology remains the same. They have the Repub party hostage right now :(

Last edited:

I can "hip" to that, and make no mistake about it, should Romney win the nomination, I will support him with every fiber of my being. I'm a realist, a pragmatist, not a dreamer. I'd vote for a can opener before I'd ever support most any Democrat you care to name, and that is especially true when it comes to the Messianic One. Also, if it becomes clear that Romney is our best bet, I'll ditch the rest in a heart beat. This country cannot take another four years of Obama. I'm not married to the Tea Party. I'm married to the United States of America.

Last edited:

That kind of "thinking" (for lack of a better term) gave us 8 years of the Shrub.

Quite frankly, I can't see where we'd be too much worse off had Algore won in 2000, with (R)s controlling the legislature.

That kind of "thinking" (for lack of a better term) gave us 8 years of the Shrub.

Quite frankly, I can't see where we'd be too much worse off had Algore won in 2000, with (R)s controlling the legislature.

but that means we'd have had to look at that fuckface for 8 years.

Who knows that for sure?

We do know for sure that authoritarian central controller (R)s controlling 3/3 of the lawmaking arm of the federal gubmint is certainly no bargain at all.

I agree. But the idea of that fucker being at the helm is sickening.

Yeah...Well look what six years of the Shrub and a compliant congress made appear to be a viable option.

the shrub was a terrible president. What would you call this a hypothetical conundrum? :lol:

Forum List

Back