Romney: Obama shouldn't use bin Laden in campaign

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Romney: Obama shouldn't use bin Laden in campaign
May 1, 2012

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Republican Mitt Romney on Tuesday accused President Barack Obama of politicizing the death of Osama bin Laden a year ago but said it was "totally appropriate" for him to claim credit for ordering the U.S. military raid that ended with the terrorist leader's death in a hideout in Pakistan.

Political News | US News & World Report ... aden-issue

What are you and the Reich afraid of Romney? Maybe he should not use the Iraq and Afghanistan war either. Ending the war in Iraq and getting Osama are all winners.
The invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq were winners for Bush? Everything is fair game except children but that did not stop the GOP when they attacked Chelsea. Who hell do Romney think he is that he can set campaign standards?

“As for the natives, they’re near all dead of the smallpox. So the Lord has cleared our title to what we possess. And we shall be the place where the Lord shall create a new heaven and new earth.”Gov.Winthrop

There is nothing wrong with Obama citing one of his acheivments in his ads discussing his...well....acheivments.
I took issue with the ad questioning whether or not Romney would have done the same.
It would be like Romney saying in an ad "I learned my lesson as it pertains to humanity to our household pets but I wonder whether or not Mr. Obama would feel the desire to butcher his dog for lunch"

Barry has every right to laud his willingness to give the nod to take out dirtbag UBL.

Of course its one of the few things he's actually accomplished so what the hey.

Don't think it will make a big difference though because its gonna be all about the economy and in that department Barry's an abject failure.

obama's over buse of the fabrication that he got Bin Laden has had two results. One, it has bored the public to the point where they don't want to hear it anymore. Two, it has become irritating enough to look for the facts, which aren't in his favor.

There is nothing wrong with Obama citing one of his acheivments in his ads discussing his...well....acheivments.
I took issue with the ad questioning whether or not Romney would have done the same.
It would be like Romney saying in an ad "I learned my lesson as it pertains to humanity to our household pets but I wonder whether or not Mr. Obama would feel the desire to butcher his dog for lunch"

Did you take issue with Bush and Romney when they did the same thing to John Kerry?

The Republicans are in a quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) panic that they have lost their long running advantage over the Democrats on matters of national security and related foreign policy matters,

and Romney with zero foreign policy credentials is a very poor choice to lead an attempt to reverse that.

The Republicans are in a quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) panic that they have lost their long running advantage over the Democrats on matters of national security and related foreign policy matters,

and Romney with zero foreign policy credentials is a very poor choice to lead an attempt to reverse that.

Amen. Romney's foreign policy credentials in now way measure up to Barry's back in '07-'08.

Man, this place is some of the best free entertainment on the planet!

Did you take issue with Bush and Romney when they did the same thing to John Kerry?

Yep.
It was sleezy and off limits.
Bush got my vote the first time around....
He did not get my vote the second time around.

I certainly remember the little bandaids sold at the RNC with little purple hearts drawn on them. The disrespect to the military and those who wear the REAL purple heart was appalling.

I certainly remember the little bandaids sold at the RNC with little purple hearts drawn on them. The disrespect to the military and those who wear the REAL purple heart was appalling.

Is this true?
They "mocked" the prurple heart with images of it on bandaids?
Do you have proof?
I would like to know becuase if it is true, I want to reach out to the RNC and give them a piece of my mind.
No joke...if that is true, I will retract any support for the party as a collective and register as an independent.

This is a little silly.
In other words Romney is asking Obama not to be a politician. :eusa_eh:
Politicians spin, obfuscate, distract, bloviate, exaggerate - all the way to bald face lying to get elected. Expecting Obama not to greatly exaggerate the Bin Laden assassination is like telling a dog not to eat or sleep.

Is this true?
Do you have proof?
I would like to know becuase if it is true, I want to reach out to the RNC and give them a piece of my mind.
No joke...if that is true, I will retract any support for the party as a collective and register as an independent.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-08-30/...backers-swift-boat-veterans?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Are you paying attention to romney's own campaign which tries to argue that obama is weak on matters of national security and foreign affairs and that romney will be stronger or handle things differently? Romney's own comments show that he might have handled things differently. So how is it a stretch to argue that he might actually follow his own previous comments?

Did you happen to hear that romney is now trying to make political hay out of the chen issue??

btw the right has already tried to obama ate dog as a child argument so do you have a point?

Apparently everything, including foreign policy and national security, is political fair game to republicans until they are on the receiving end then they whine and cry that it's unfair for obama to use rightwings tactics against them.

Obama can use bin Laden as follows: Unemployment has stayed above 8% both before and after I killed bin Laden.

See how easy that is?

Obama = noun, verb + I killed bin Laden

It's hilarious how many republicans now "claim" that they didn't support W or his use of foreign policy and national security for political gain and yet he was still elected in 2004 by crowds of rightwingers who cheered w for making such arguments.

It's more of that selective memory and delusion that run rampant through the republican party. When the past doesn't fit their current needs they just pretend it happened the way that they now remember it.

A perfect example of this rewrite of history is the current rightwing talking point that obama has never thanked the troops or anyone for theor roles in getting bin laden.

Last edited:

Is this true?
Do you have proof?

Delegates mock Kerry with 'purple heart' bandages - CNN

You have to forgive the selective memory of most rightwingers when it comes to the past. If it doesn't suit their vision of how they beleive it happened then according to them it never happened. A week from now if this comes up again it would be a safe bet that jarhead would demand proof for it then as he pretends is never happened. lol

Amen. Romney's foreign policy credentials in now way measure up to Barry's back in '07-'08.

Man, this place is some of the best free entertainment on the planet!

All you have to do is read Obama's 2002 anti-Iraq war speech, which got EVERYTHING EXACTLY RIGHT,

to know that his foreign policy credentials were already established.

Certainly Obama can politicize the killing of Obama for his strengths in his record. Just as the Republicans will point out the weaknesses in his record.

The citizens will have to evaluate the the joblessness, the debts, the creditworthiness of our country vs, "I said YES to the plan to get Bin Laden. He had four years to recover the economy and ten seconds to say "yes."

He spent the first half of his administration to get the health care plan passed with a democratic Congress with a slim margin that is turning our health care system upside down, building the largest deficit in history, fewer people in full time jobs than ever before in modern history, but he did say "yes." Let him languish in the that ten second victory. That is all he has.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back