Democrats Panicked Over Warren...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by paulitician, May 4, 2012.

1. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    What a difference a week makes. Last week Democrats were here boasting about her winning being a 'Slam Dunk.'

Elizabeth Warren brings no peace to Dems

Elizabeth Warren’s stumbling efforts to douse the firestorm surrounding her claims of being a Native American minority have raised concerns among local and national Democrats who are questioning her campaign’s competence.

“There’s nobody watching this that doesn’t think she’s in big trouble,” one well-known Massachusetts Democrat said.

Joe Trippi, a prominent national Democratic consultant, told the Herald that while Warren has time to recover, the campaign should have anticipated this issue would surface.

“The problem is they weren’t ready for something they should have been ahead of,” Trippi said.

Another nationally known Democratic consultant said while there is no hand-wringing yet in the party, “The fact they weren’t prepared for this is a little surprising.”

Some national political experts had much stronger words for Warren’s conflicting explanations about why she listed herself as a minority in university directories.

“This takes her biography into a bizarre dimension,” said Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics. “It has derailed the effort to define Warren in a voter-friendly way.”

Sabato also said that Warren’s claim that she didn’t list herself as a minority to gain an employment advantage is not believable.

“This is what happens when candidates don’t tell the truth,” he said. “It’s pretty obvious she was using (the minority listing) for career advancement”...

Read More:
    Elizabeth Warren brings no peace to Dems - BostonHerald.com
    DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    She is a lying sack of shit.

You think Liberals would embrace her.

3. RoadVirus

RoadVirus <insert pithy title here>

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +583
    It takes just one little mistake to derail a campaign. Warren did it.

4. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,594
    Has anyone got on her case for using the politically incorrect Indians instead of native Americans? I haven't heard, but then I haven't been following very closely either.

Imagine the bloviating from the left if a Republican had been so insensitive as to refer to them as Indians. That person would be deemed unfit to run against Barry next January for the position of dog catcher in Hyde Park.

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,472
    There is still plenty of time before the election for this to blow over, but I've always thought from the beginning she would lose to Brown anyway. This certainly won't help her any.

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I thought you guys didnt like Brown anymore?

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,472
    I've always liked Scott Brown. His biggest criticizers are conservatives and Republicans who don't live in Massachusetts and can't seem to grasp the fact that Massachusetts isn't South Carolina. Brown is representative of most Republicans and independents and even a decent chunk of Democrats in Massachusetts and that's why he'll win.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    yeah.....why would Democrats be upset about her claiming her heritage.....the Cherokee Nation returns.....:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoRa-S8mckI]Cherokee People, Cherokee Pride - YouTube[/ame]

9. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    How conveniently you gloss-over the fact.....​

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG] . [​IMG]

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    I'll be happy to see that sniveling little Stalinist sent back to Radcliffe where she belongs.